Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Anyone run an Olympic front bumper? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/anyone-run-an-olympic-front-bumper-44700.html)

cadeucsb 02-17-2010 04:16 PM

Anyone run an Olympic front bumper?
 
I am contemplating this for my OEM bumper add on for my TJ. Does anyone have any experience with this bumper? Not much info via search or web.

I just want some basic protection, I dont need a full sized stinger and the price is pretty good on this piece. Also curious if I should go textured black or go gloss black (then paint flat black to match other jeep parts).

Olympic 4x4 Products 264-124 - Olympic 4X4 Products Front Bumper Bar for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Imag...9/77219-md.jpg

cadeucsb 02-17-2010 10:10 PM

any thoughts?

JeepnJim 02-17-2010 11:19 PM

I think it looks good. If it's afordable and bolts right on just do it. Looks kinda thin but it'll keep branches off your grill.

merkurxr4ti 05-04-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadeucsb (Post 548728)
I am contemplating this for my OEM bumper add on for my TJ. Does anyone have any experience with this bumper? Not much info via search or web.

I just want some basic protection, I dont need a full sized stinger and the price is pretty good on this piece. Also curious if I should go textured black or go gloss black (then paint flat black to match other jeep parts).

Olympic 4x4 Products 264-124 - Olympic 4X4 Products Front Bumper Bar for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Imag...9/77219-md.jpg

Did you get this bumper bar? I was looking at this tonight.. thinking about picking it up. Price is pretty good too

cadeucsb 05-07-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merkurxr4ti (Post 2336157)
Did you get this bumper bar? I was looking at this tonight.. thinking about picking it up. Price is pretty good too

i never did, but now that you bring it back up, i do still like it. For $99, its not too pricey

if you decide to do it, post some pics here for me if you could

GreenBeastie 05-08-2012 10:16 PM

I bought one two weeks ago, it's very sturdy and provides a mount for my high-lift (mount points are threaded for 1/2" hardware, just went to home depot and bought 3 inch bolts, lock washers and wingnuts) Looks pretty good too.

merkurxr4ti 05-08-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBeastie (Post 2349124)
I bought one two weeks ago, it's very sturdy and provides a mount for my high-lift (mount points are threaded for 1/2" hardware, just went to home depot and bought 3 inch bolts, lock washers and wingnuts) Looks pretty good too.

Did you have a picture since you put it on your jeep.

GreenBeastie 05-09-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merkurxr4ti (Post 2349249)
Did you have a picture since you put it on your jeep.

I should have one tomorrow once I'm done plasti-dipping my rims.

merkurxr4ti 05-09-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBeastie (Post 2353211)
I should have one tomorrow once I'm done plasti-dipping my rims.

Awesome thanks man..looking forward to checking it out

GreenBeastie 05-10-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merkurxr4ti (Post 2353260)
Awesome thanks man..looking forward to checking it out

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8...0510150259.jpg

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9...0510150310.jpg

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/19/20120510150323.jpg

cadeucsb 05-10-2012 03:51 PM

awesome! could i hassle you for a side shot to gauge how it will fit in my garage?

if so, no rush

GreenBeastie 05-10-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadeucsb (Post 2355465)
awesome! could i hassle you for a side shot to gauge how it will fit in my garage?

if so, no rush

If these don't work, just say something and I'll grab another shot. The bumper only adds 8 inches at most to the length of the Jeep, probably closer to 5. It doesn't stick out much, the highlift is mostly sitting directly over the bumper.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4...0510150249.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5...0510150233.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cadeucsb 05-10-2012 04:11 PM

nice..thank you

merkurxr4ti 05-10-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBeastie





Awesome thanks so much...about to order up mine


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.