Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/)
-   -   87 Issues by kyle again - IT IS A JEEP THING (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/87-issues-by-kyle-again-it-is-a-jeep-thing-44728.html)

anklenawer 02-18-2010 05:27 AM

87 Issues by kyle again - IT IS A JEEP THING

First of all, i want to thank you for everyone who even looks at this page, you guys really do rock, and although i can't say the same for your day job, im sure you guys are hardworking individuals. alright enough funny talk

noticing a little leak on the rear of my transfer case, the pinion area and there is about 1'' of play ( rotating) in my rear driveshaft - also hear some noise while driving in 4th gear, low rpms, and just coasting.... especially when the clutch is in... the " fucking sparrows" i think its called ( joke)

anyway- any help would be appreciated....

how can i help kyle any more you ask?

- guages - basically fried my gauge cluster trying to be creative - anyone got a 87 yj cluster - or somthing that would work

also the sending units for oil/air temp - of course they don't have any of that on guam

also another big one -

my sputter problem still exists -

rebuilt motorcraft 2100 from scott howard ( thanks man)
and installed to the best of my ability - but - there has to be a vacuume leak - because it runs better with the pcv valved plugged on the carb, and still -

while under a load, and i really get on the gas, it acts flooded, but will kind of get back to normal if i back off al ittle bit... if i accelerate hard, then let off a little bit, then hard again - then off alittle bit... it will go like a dragon in the wild fire who just got slapped and called names.. ( odd...)

um.. im just going to put this in here because i had a few beers, and i love you guys ( that kind of night)

my firewall pcv valve, now this guy... pulled it off to see why all this oil was comming out of it - seen a whole bunch of rubber in the valve - melted underneath - i scraped out what i could - but imagine its time to get underthere and clean it up?!?!?! there is a small leak as some oil comming out

alright - gotta go - my woman is a callin'

thanks guys

kyle 671 777 6365

carlyj 02-20-2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anklenawer (Post 549143)
First of all, i want to thank you for everyone who even looks at this page, you guys really do rock, and although i can't say the same for your day job, im sure you guys are hardworking individuals. alright enough funny talk

noticing a little leak on the rear of my transfer case, the pinion area and there is about 1'' of play ( rotating) in my rear driveshaft - also hear some noise while driving in 4th gear, low rpms, and just coasting.... especially when the clutch is in... the " fucking sparrows" i think its called ( joke)

anyway- any help would be appreciated....

how can i help kyle any more you ask?

- guages - basically fried my gauge cluster trying to be creative - anyone got a 87 yj cluster - or somthing that would work

also the sending units for oil/air temp - of course they don't have any of that on guam

also another big one -

my sputter problem still exists -

rebuilt motorcraft 2100 from scott howard ( thanks man)
and installed to the best of my ability - but - there has to be a vacuume leak - because it runs better with the pcv valved plugged on the carb, and still -

while under a load, and i really get on the gas, it acts flooded, but will kind of get back to normal if i back off al ittle bit... if i accelerate hard, then let off a little bit, then hard again - then off alittle bit... it will go like a dragon in the wild fire who just got slapped and called names.. ( odd...)

um.. im just going to put this in here because i had a few beers, and i love you guys ( that kind of night)

my firewall pcv valve, now this guy... pulled it off to see why all this oil was comming out of it - seen a whole bunch of rubber in the valve - melted underneath - i scraped out what i could - but imagine its time to get underthere and clean it up?!?!?! there is a small leak as some oil comming out

alright - gotta go - my woman is a callin'

thanks guys

kyle 671 777 6365

kyle- i'm still here on board with you man. i ordered up a Howell TBI, should be getting here soon.

I noticed something unusual. After driving for a while, my YJ will start to overheat a little. Nothing to dangerous, one line above 210. But when I turn her off and if I go back in like 5-10 minutes (store run or something), the guage will show it very hot. When it starts to overheat a little, it seems that the sputtering and the hesitating and the puffing and popping and everything starts to come back. I've reinstalled this carb at least 4 times since I've gotten it. I've run out of things to check.

:punk:

carlos 702-292-6697 available 24 hours a day.

brent in az 02-20-2010 01:09 AM

Any t/c leak means rebuild.
There is no t/c gasket...leak means rebuid.

I've had a beer or two and feel your pain...but a rebuild might clock in at $250-$350 and--IMHO--solve a lot of the probs.

If it acts flooded you have to rethink your carb installation because that's a symptom of a carb...

plus you have to retroubleshoot your fuel lines, fuel delivery, etc.

I've been thru this on an a different jeep and I really believe your engine is fine its just the inexpensive peripheral stuff that is not in sync.

I almost took a job in the Marshall Islands and Guam so I know you have a lack of ready resources for this. Everything you described is carb/fuel related....somewhere there is some kind of in-efficiency--

---tell you a fast story. I had an Edel 1406 that I thought was gold. And an Edel RB4 police interceptor manifold. And all your problems for months. All of them. I rebuilt the 1406, reinstalled..etc. At least twice. Replaced fuel pump, lines. Igntion sys radically upgraded.
I "thought" or guessed the carb could be the reason, saved $$, replaced the carb....and all my problems went away. I thought my carb was gold...and I knew I was probably going to throw away $300 on a new one..and did it anyway. It was a good guess.

anklenawer 02-21-2010 03:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
haha glad i got some people on board -

um.. just got an offer on my jeep =.. actualyl a trade - i think he wants to use my jeep for mudding and such ... i really think its a good trade - but im just worried about a tired motor - i drive it today - here are some pics....

everything works - hell even the AC, and its pretty clean - like i said - he started it up and i seen a little black smoke out the exhaust, but he said he didn't start it in two days, but i am just worried about that - ill check the oil pressure when i drive it -

any ideas!?!?

anklenawer 02-21-2010 03:04 PM

by the way - its an 82... he didn't know how many miles were on it - i fogot to look at the guage...haha - how can i tell a weak motor that might need a rebuild soon -