Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Do you celebrate on Christmas day, or Eve? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/do-you-celebrate-on-christmas-day-or-eve-449977.html)

Old Dogger 12-23-2013 05:10 PM

Do you celebrate on Christmas day, or Eve?
 
Do you celebrate on Christmas day, or Christmas Eve?

Christmas Eve here...........:happyyes:

jadmt 12-23-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dogger (Post 6945849)
Do you celebrate on Christmas day, or Christmas Eve?

Christmas Eve here...........:happyyes:

we are afraid to celebrate Christmas as we don't want to offend the neighbors, we have jewish, muslum and athiest in the area.......... actually both days merry Christmas.

Old Dogger 12-23-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadmt (Post 6946073)
we are afraid to celebrate Christmas as we don't want to offend the neighbors, we have jewish, muslum and athiest in the area.......... actually both days merry Christmas.

^^^Lol :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Merry Christmas! :D

bostiguy 12-23-2013 09:06 PM

Both.
Christmas eve with my family, Christmas Day with my wife side. Works out well.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

TheDesertOutlaw 12-23-2013 09:28 PM

The Wife celebrates Christmas Eve and my family Christmas Day.

RoadiJeff 12-24-2013 08:19 AM

My wife and I celebrate together on Christmas morning before she has to head off to work. She's a nurse and people don't stop needing health care just because it is a holiday. We both understand.

We have a big family get-together a few days after Christmas where we all celebrate again with food and gifts. It's Dec. 26 this year.

Then in early January we go to my mom's house for a belated Christmas celebration with a big dinner, more gifts and a surprise or two. She always prepares a Christmas theme dinner and it is always different each year. We are not told what the theme is until we get there. I was told this time there may even be a state senator dropping by. Interesting.

DrewG 12-24-2013 09:49 AM

We do church services Christmas Eve (then have a very festive pizza). Christmas Day is opening presents (which takes all of 10 minutes as there's no kids...just me and the folks and their wild-ass dog), eating too much (waffles in the morning, left-over very festive pizza for lunch, and a full on turkey, ham, and all the trimmings dinner), and visiting old friends of the family (where the dinner is at). I usually do most of my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve before church, but the folks want to go to the earlier service, so I had to do it this morning...thank god for Sears - it was a total one-stop-shop. I even got myself some new drawers and undershirts...Merry Christmas to ME!

Sinister6 12-24-2013 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I head to the mountains for 3 days of winter tent camping. Get away from the craziness with my Husky, snowshoe, hike, read and relax. Several years ago it was -30* on Xmas eve...when it gets that cold the sky is unbelievably clear!

fan of fanboys 12-24-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadmt (Post 6946073)
we are afraid to celebrate Christmas as we don't want to offend the neighbors, we have jewish, muslum and athiest in the area.......... actually both days merry Christmas.

Happy holidays!

jadmt 12-24-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister6 (Post 6959417)
I head to the mountains for 3 days of winter tent camping. Get away from the craziness with my Husky, snowshoe, hike, read and relax. Several years ago it was -30* on Xmas eve...when it gets that cold the sky is unbelievably clear!

I would bet we would get along fine lol. Snow shoeing and xc skiing when it is sub 0 are about my favorite past time. It will be minus 10 and my wife ask me where I am going and I will say skiing or snow shoeing and she will say with who and I say "me" as most of my buddies won't go when it is that cold and she for sure won't..

No greater peace nor company then being solo in the snow when sub zero out to gather your thoughts.
minus 6 on this day and about 6 miles in.
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/x...pscbd20ee3.jpg

Old Dogger 12-24-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadmt (Post 6960841)
I would bet we would get along fine lol. Snow shoeing and xc skiing when it is sub 0 are about my favorite past time. It will be minus 10 and my wife ask me where I am going and I will say skiing or snow shoeing and she will say with who and I say "me" as most of my buddies won't go when it is that cold and she for sure won't..

No greater peace nor company then being solo in the snow when sub zero out to gather your thoughts.
minus 6 on this day and about 6 miles in.
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/x...pscbd20ee3.jpg

Wow, I'm jealous, thanks for that beautiful picture!!!!!!!!!!!!:awesome:

jadmt 12-24-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dogger (Post 6961721)
Wow, I'm jealous, thanks for that beautiful picture!!!!!!!!!!!!:awesome:

The older I get the more I realize how lucky I really am to live where I live.

_plaisance 12-24-2013 02:22 PM

christmas eve with the dads side and christmas with the moms side so both!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.