Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/)
-   -   my new interior lights :) (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/my-new-interior-lights-45471.html)

thechink09 02-28-2010 01:42 PM

my new interior lights :)
 
i finally got sick of having to pull out a flash light every time i needed some kinda light at night time!

so i got these LED lights from autozone. i believe they were like 20 something full price but i get a discount bc my friend works there. and i stuck these lights on my roll bar above my head with a toggle switch by my heater control. i like them alot, and they are pretty darn bright.

i just wanted to see what you guys thought of them. and if anyone else has put up any lights inside i would like to see what you did.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...k/DSC00675.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...k/DSC00674.jpg
you can see the toggle between the steering wheel.

89PBR96 02-28-2010 02:03 PM

Cool they bright at night I just have the small one in the sound bar that rattle like crazy

thechink09 02-28-2010 02:19 PM

yeah i was gonna just get a sound bar. but i had some almost brand new 6x9's that were in one of my camaro's that i wrecked so i just put those in the back and these lights on the bar. it was alot cheaper.

i think i spent in total 50 something for all the wires, lights, and the new boxes for the 6x9's. http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...k/DSC00677.jpg

Benta1176 02-28-2010 03:37 PM

Hey what year is that yj, mine is a 94 and ive never seen the vents on the dash like that i just have the ones ontop and the big feet ones.

89PBR96 02-28-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benta1176 (Post 558076)
Hey what year is that yj, mine is a 94 and ive never seen the vents on the dash like that i just have the ones ontop and the big feet ones.

Those are the ac vents

thechink09 02-28-2010 03:39 PM

its the AC. i believe its after market, but i may be wrong. doesnt really help that much in the summer though. not with a soft top.

89PBR96 02-28-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechink09 (Post 558013)
yeah i was gonna just get a sound bar. but i had some almost brand new 6x9's that were in one of my camaro's that i wrecked so i just put those in the back and these lights on the bar. it was alot cheaper.

i think i spent in total 50 something for all the wires, lights, and the new boxes for the 6x9's. http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...k/DSC00677.jpg



Your umbrella is bigger than the jeep lol looks good

thechink09 02-28-2010 03:42 PM

hahaha yeah i know. i dont really use it, i only keep it for the women. cant let their hair get wet ! lol

Razorus 03-01-2010 01:28 PM

I bought a smaller oval LED stick-on that I have on my hard top now...works great. Come Spring I'll be missing it. How did you attach those lights to the bar...zip ties?

Rebuilt 03-01-2010 03:18 PM

nice set of lights

Tbone180 03-01-2010 07:06 PM

Very cool.. The lights in my sound bar are a joke and these look pretty bright.. Nicely done..

thechink09 03-01-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorus (Post 558895)
I bought a smaller oval LED stick-on that I have on my hard top now...works great. Come Spring I'll be missing it. How did you attach those lights to the bar...zip ties?

yeah just some black zip ties. and i ran the wires under the carpet and inside the roll bar covers

thechink09 03-01-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbone180 (Post 559127)
Very cool.. The lights in my sound bar are a joke and these look pretty bright.. Nicely done..

yeah thats what i heard about the sound bar lights. these are pretty bright, they're enough to light up all the inside of my jeep, front and back. so im happy with them.

and thanks :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.