Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Working today? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/working-today-4554.html)

kg4kpg 12-16-2006 09:01 AM

Working today?

I am. My boss knows I need a little more cashflow so she has been kind enough to let me work some overtime every weekend. At least I can get some stuff done without all the noise of everyone else being here. They're all old, no hotties to drool over.:(

Odhinn 12-16-2006 09:06 AM

Working also, well at least staring at the wall, reading a magazine and checking the forum once in a while. Nothing going on here today.

tiny terror 12-16-2006 09:06 AM

Nope, no work today. Not working for the next two weeks. All my students are on break. (though I should be writing)

That's just awful about having no eye candy. Did you put that on your list?

Scout 12-16-2006 09:07 AM

Yep I'm working. :mad: Better than fighting the crowds at the mall though.

Odhinn - What did you decide on the lift?

Odhinn 12-16-2006 09:09 AM

Not sure yet had a dental bill plop in my lap for a set of wisdom teeth to be pulled. Jeep is on hold at the moment.

Scout 12-16-2006 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odhinn (Post 38281)
Not sure yet had a dental bill plop in my lap for a set of wisdom teeth to be pulled. Jeep is on hold at the moment.

Ahhh, that sucks. I'm about to dump the cost of a Long Arm Suspension in my mouth. Gotta get a couple of veneers done. I really don't have to do it, just want to.

Keep me posted on the lift. I'm interested in which way you'll go. I'm about to re-do my whole lift. Wanna buy my 4" Rough Country? :D

Odhinn 12-16-2006 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Scout (Post 38282)
Ahhh, that sucks. I'm about to dump the cost of a Long Arm Suspension in my mouth. Gotta get a couple of veneers done. I really don't have to do it, just want to.

Keep me posted on the lift. I'm interested in which way you'll go. I'm about to re-do my whole lift. Wanna buy my 4" Rough Country? :D

Cool. I am leaning toward A RE 4" and removing the body lift but still doing my Homework and might enjoy 5" of lift so the body lift might stay also. Teeth are a pain in the butt. Quite a while ago I had to have my wisdom teeth remove surgically costing about 4 grand. My girl just needs them pulled so It isn't too bad. I might have to dodge flying objects during the recovery time though:D

I might be interested in your rough country. How was the flex on the lift.

Scout 12-16-2006 09:26 AM

Yeah sometimes I think I should have gone to school to be a dentist. Those guys are raking in the $$$. :(

Flex on the RC? I honestly haven't had it offroad yet so I really couldn't answer that question. I think its a good kit for the occasional offroader.

I'm looking close at the RE SF 4.5", the RE LA 4.5" or piecing together a SA with OME, RE and JKS stuff. It never ends does it? :D

tiny terror 12-16-2006 09:33 AM

(my big bro's a dentist, a bankrupcy and three wives later, he's still not making any money... course, he's in the navy)

Odhinn 12-16-2006 09:34 AM

Nope, too many decisions and not enough jeeps in my driveway.:D

Wow I'm bored

kg4kpg 12-16-2006 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 38290)
(my big bro's a dentist, a bankrupcy and three wives later, he's still not making any money... course, he's in the navy)

Would that be because of the wives or did he pull the wrong tooth on someone? j/k That sucks. It's hard to make it inthe medical field these days, with student loans to pay for, high malpractice insurance premiums. Not for me.

Odhinn 12-16-2006 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4kpg (Post 38292)
Would that be because of the wives or did he pull the wrong tooth on someone? j/k That sucks. It's hard to make it inthe medical field these days, with student loans to pay for, high malpractice insurance premiums. Not for me.

This is true. This dentist is making a killing though. He specialized in reconstruction. I guess that why he can charge less for the regular stuff.

tiny terror 12-16-2006 09:41 AM

I think it's karma for tomenting me as a child.

Odhinn 12-16-2006 09:53 AM

That might be possible also.:D

kg4kpg 12-16-2006 09:59 AM

You want karma??

I work as a purchasing agent for the government and I spend about 250,000-300,000 a month for them here at the VA but I barely make enough to cover my own bills. Once my wife gets on here we'll be back in good shape like we were before I took this job. Go figure.

Odhinn 12-16-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4kpg (Post 38298)
You want karma??

I work as a purchasing agent for the government and I spend about 250,000-300,000 a month for them here at the VA but I barely make enough to cover my own bills. Once my wife gets on here we'll be back in good shape like we were before I took this job. Go figure.

ouch

amerijeep 12-16-2006 10:30 AM

Not working. I am off every other weekend. This is my one down. I should be off through Monday, unless they call me back early. I'm not sure if they can get by on Monday without me....

kg4kpg 12-16-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerijeep (Post 38308)
Not working. I am off every other weekend. This is my one down. I should be off through Monday, unless they call me back early. I'm not sure if they can get by on Monday without me....

Well, look at that flowing blonde hair and ample breastesses. How could they go on without you.:D

amerijeep 12-16-2006 10:49 AM

I didn't mean it like that. The type of work we do, it is difficult to work short-handed. One guy, I believe, is getting fired Monday. I might have to help them out. I'm not the savior or anything.

Odhinn 12-16-2006 10:50 AM

Woohoo some excitement here, the phone rang and I got hung up on.:D

kg4kpg 12-16-2006 10:52 AM

I hear ya. We're always short handed here. Not that it matters. Most of these people have been here so long they have so much vacation built up that take days off every week. I don't see how they get their work done. I wonder if I'll be like after being her 20 years.

amy 12-16-2006 11:55 AM

You mean it's normal to get days off? :eek:

Odhinn 12-16-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy (Post 38346)
You mean it's normal to get days off? :eek:

Only if your good:)

I've been thinking of pulling the plug on the computer system and messing with my releif when he gets here, see if he looses it.

amy 12-16-2006 12:36 PM

I guess I've been bad for the last nine years.:p

Hehehehe see how long it takes him to check the plug.:D

Odhinn 12-16-2006 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy (Post 38357)
Hehehehe see how long it takes him to check the plug.:D

On second thought I think he's going through a divorce so that might be hazardous to my health:D

nine years with no day off. I guess you are talking about raising a family.

tiny terror 12-16-2006 01:22 PM

I work for myself now, and I never really listened to my boss at the gym anyways (which irritated him beyond belief), so I get to pick and choose when I have time off.

Texapple 12-16-2006 05:27 PM

I usually work a double shift every Saturday. I worked today...only a single shift. I have the BIG final exam on Monday and wanted a little extra study time. (so why am I in front of the computer???) :D

Normal day......gave medication, assessed patient's conditions and called a few docs (on their day off) :eek:

tiny terror 12-16-2006 05:33 PM

Good luck on your test, Kat. :)

activelydying 12-16-2006 05:34 PM

i clocked in to work today at 4:30pm and will be here until monday 8:30am. at 8:42 i will be at a bar doing a double shot of jagr.

activelydying 12-16-2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texapple (Post 38477)
I usually work a double shift every Saturday. I worked today...only a single shift. I have the BIG final exam on Monday and wanted a little extra study time. (so why am I in front of the computer???) :D

Normal day......gave medication, assessed patient's conditions and called a few docs (on their day off) :eek:

what kind of test?