Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   Wet Passenger floor (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/wet-passenger-floor-45592.html)

Dirt 03-01-2010 11:07 PM

Wet Passenger floor

Probably been talked about before, mut the search engine hates me.

Twice now in a month I've noticed the passenger floor is wet. Doesn't smell like coolant, Not raining, I got a hard top that I don't think leaks, and here's the kicker, it's on the floor, UNDER the rubber floor mat, and the floor mat is bone dry.

My coolant level hasn't dropped in the radiator, and again, it doesn't smell like coolant. Oh, and the drain plug under that side is intact.

Drivers side is dry
Floor mats are dry
No rain
Days after washing

Wracking my brain here, but I can't come up with an answer.

mowbizz 03-01-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirt (Post 559348)
Probably been talked about before, mut the search engine hates me.

Twice now in a month I've noticed the passenger floor is wet. Doesn't smell like coolant, Not raining, I got a hard top that I don't think leaks, and here's the kicker, it's on the floor, UNDER the rubber floor mat, and the floor mat is bone dry.

My coolant level hasn't dropped in the radiator, and again, it doesn't smell like coolant. Oh, and the drain plug under that side is intact.

Drivers side is dry
Floor mats are dry
No rain
Days after washing

Wracking my brain here, but I can't come up with an answer.

What I have heard is that the drain plugs in the floor may not seat well and let moisture in from below...(barring any top leaks) I have a leaky top so there's no mystery for me.

Eric06Rubi 03-02-2010 06:16 AM

clean out the drain for the A/C. when it gets plugged, the water drains back inside.

Its not a big deal, just needs a small piece of wire and a little time. The worst part is drying out the carpet so it wont mold.

this is assuming it hasn't been raining, sometimes the door seal gets smooshed funny and will allow water to get in if its been raining a lot.

Dirt 03-02-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric06Rubi (Post 559470)
clean out the drain for the A/C. when it gets plugged, the water drains back inside.

Its not a big deal, just needs a small piece of wire and a little time. The worst part is drying out the carpet so it wont mold.

this is assuming it hasn't been raining, sometimes the door seal gets smooshed funny and will allow water to get in if its been raining a lot.

Where is the drain for the AC? I'm guessing it's in the engine compartment on the pass side on the fire wall?
I can't get out to my jeep right now... I'm "sposed" to be working... :flipoff:

Rocky Bar 03-02-2010 11:17 AM

Our TJ was having a drip on pass side when it rained. Found that fresh air intake was packed with leaves, dirt, and stuff, and drain was pluged. Thus water was backing up, and coming out on heat vent. Drilled small hole right behind valve cover for getting a wire into drain to rout out stuff, then put large screw into hole to cap off so will drain when raining. This fixed our drip on to pass foot area. Might work for you. :)

Eric06Rubi 03-02-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirt (Post 559511)
Where is the drain for the AC? I'm guessing it's in the engine compartment on the pass side on the fire wall?
I can't get out to my jeep right now... I'm "sposed" to be working... :flipoff:

90 deg rubber boot on the pass side firewall. right next to the A/C dryer IIRC

cherokee kid 03-09-2010 08:29 AM

anyone have any pic's where the ac drain tube is located?
Thanks!