Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK Pics Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/)
-   -   New Duratracs and Savegre Wheels w/ 2" lift - before/after (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/new-duratracs-and-savegre-wheels-w-2-lift-before-after-460673.html)

rroman001 12-31-2013 09:19 PM

New Duratracs and Savegre Wheels w/ 2" lift - before/after
 
4 Attachment(s)
Was looking for a more rugged look so I swapped out the 285/70/17 BFG A/T tires for same in Goodyear Duratacs and removed the stock rims to install black Savegre. This truck already had a 2" lift but it wasnt enough to go to 35's. Next project is new tail lights and breaklight which should arrive this week.

damndirtydog 12-31-2013 09:39 PM

Looks great. Nice combo. You'll love those DTs in the snow.

supercrawler 01-02-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rroman001 (Post 7106545)
Was looking for a more rugged look so I swapped out the 285/70/17 BFG A/T tires for same in Goodyear Duratacs and removed the stock rims to install black Savegre. This truck already had a 2" lift but it wasnt enough to go to 35's. Next project is new tail lights and breaklight which should arrive this week.

What lift are you running ?

rroman001 01-02-2014 06:06 AM

According to the paperwork it is item number AEVN02210000AA - JK 2" Spacer Suspension S $256 and LAJLIFTKITJK $576. I put the lift on 2 years ago. If I could do it again, I may have done for 2.5 or 3" so if I ever went to 35" tires I had the room.

supercrawler 01-02-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rroman001 (Post 7132273)
According to the paperwork it is item number AEVN02210000AA - JK 2" Spacer Suspension S $256 and LAJLIFTKITJK $576. I put the lift on 2 years ago. If I could do it again, I may have done for 2.5 or 3" so if I ever went to 35" tires I had the room.

Dude your jeep is perfect looking.

338Lapua 01-08-2014 03:30 PM

Was there really not enough room for 315's??? You are talking maybe 3/4 on and inch all the way around the tire? Did you test fit 315's and they rubbed. The jeep looks nice but i thought you could fit 315's with a 2" lift.

FloridaFeMan 01-11-2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 338Lapua (Post 7288945)
Was there really not enough room for 315's??? You are talking maybe 3/4 on and inch all the way around the tire? Did you test fit 315's and they rubbed. The jeep looks nice but i thought you could fit 315's with a 2" lift.

OP, your Jeep looks fine. You can join all of us who went with 33s and wish we had've gone with 35s, LOL!

Regarding 315s, yes, you can fit them with a 2" lift. My friend has the 2" Mopar lift with 315s and no problems. I actually like his look better than with a 2.5" lift.

338Lapua 01-11-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan (Post 7353041)
OP, your Jeep looks fine. You can join all of us who went with 33s and wish we had've gone with 35s, LOL!

Regarding 315s, yes, you can fit them with a 2" lift. My friend has the 2" Mopar lift with 315s and no problems. I actually like his look better than with a 2.5" lift.

Not trying to poke any one for tire choice. Just wanting to clarify what will and won't fit with 2" lift. I am torn between 33's and 35's...i like the look of more wheel well room from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender.

FloridaFeMan 01-11-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 338Lapua (Post 7356729)
Not trying to poke any one for tire choice. Just wanting to clarify what will and won't fit with 2" lift. I am torn between 33's and 35's...i like the look of more wheel well room from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender.

I was faced with the same decision as you. I opted to go with 295/75/16 in lieu of the 315s or "35s." Of course I wanted the look of the 35s but I didn't want the considerations that come with the 35s such as loss of fuel economy as well as loss of power. My 295s measure out to 33.4" diameter whereas 285/75/16 are 32.8" diameter. They look good with a 2" or 2.5" kit.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.