Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Its A Jeep Thing... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/its-a-jeep-thing-4643.html)

COyj 12-20-2006 11:32 PM

Its A Jeep Thing...

Well I finally understand the whole Its A Jeep Thing... after watching all my neighbors dig out their cars/suvs/trucks out of four feet of snow. When all i did was drop it in 4 High and drove right out, and for being only my second time ever driving in snow, I really dont understand why would want anything other than a Jeep...but thats just me.

bluvikng 12-20-2006 11:33 PM

WTG............and they are so much more capable. The fun has only just begun.

COyj 12-20-2006 11:39 PM

I love owning a Jeep and for it being the first "car" I've ever had, there will be a few more Jeeps in my life.

Texapple 12-21-2006 12:02 AM

I love it when the city plows our street....I just ride over the hump of snow at the end of my driveway :D

COyj: I used to live in Denver, well...Morrison. I was reading about your weather this afternoon. Watch the other guy while your out and don't forget to have a little fun in the white stuff :)

AzTJ 12-21-2006 12:29 AM

Yep - back in March we got a good 31" of snow and my uncle got his little 2wd toyota stuck in the snow on his attempt to go to work in the morning. He had to steal his wifes Cherokee to get out. And with my family's 4 Jeeps, we basicly plowed the first road into town :D It feels good sometimes ;)

COyj 12-21-2006 02:01 AM

Oh Im already thinking about tomorrow and whats going to happen. My friend and I Pretty much cleared the streets around my neighborhood.

SportsGal501 12-21-2006 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COyj (Post 39767)
Oh Im already thinking about tomorrow and whats going to happen. My friend and I Pretty much cleared the streets around my neighborhood.

Photos.................I'd like to see :p

kg4kpg 12-21-2006 08:17 AM

The curse and blessing of jeep ownership..."could you pull me out?"
I buy from several vendors in the Denver area, no buying today.:) You Colorado guys post some pics.

mrbigjeep 12-21-2006 11:35 AM

awesome.

snow actually doesn't sound too bad.

two days ago it was in the 70's! :eek: it was like 74 or 76! it was nice weather but it definitely didn't feel like Christmas time.

COyj 12-23-2006 10:52 AM

I swear I have become more childish because of the snow lol, Ill Ive been doing is driving around in all the neighborhoods that people havent really been through. Everyone just looks at me like Im crazy, I plan on making my way out some more today with one of my friends(95 Bronco) and see who gets stuck first. If i remember to grab the camera ill get some pictures.

COyj 12-23-2006 04:41 PM

wow... its 2:37pm and my arms are shot, all Ive been doing is digging people out and starting to hate snow more and more. I havent been able to make it out yet and screw around, but Im hoping I can get out shortly.

AzTJ 12-23-2006 06:48 PM

With great power comes great responsibility, it's your gift, your curse. ;D

COyj 12-23-2006 08:28 PM

Tear, I never made it out today. Just sat around all day doing nothing but once Christmas comes around I have to put in my center console that I made my parents buy for the Jeep.

skeeter 12-24-2006 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texapple (Post 39742)
I love it when the city plows our street....I just ride over the hump of snow at the end of my driveway :D

When Amy and I first got together she owned one of those little Honda go cart crx things, you know, the ones where you have to lift your butt off the seat when going over bumps. anyway, when I went long haul trucking we knew I wouldn't be around to shovel the driveway or put chains on her car or anything (as if I actually did that sorta thing before:flipoff: ) we'll we decided she should get something that could get around in the snow a little better than a pregnant roller skate. we went shopping and she eventually fell in love with a 94 Jeep Wrangler, it was a little more than I had wanted to spend but I knew it could do the job and they were giving us a good deal on the recycled aluminum can she had been driving so we got it.
The first snow storm the first winter I was gone I get a call on the cell...
/me Hi hon what's up?
/her I'm stuck!!!
/me huh?
/her I'm stuck in the drive way, the snow plows plowed a berm around the driveway and I'm stuck!!!
/me How the ^%& did you get stuck in a Jeep? did you put it 4x4?
/her yes, of course I did, I tried easing over the berm so I wouldn't hurt it and I got high centered.
/me it's a Jeep, you aren't going to hurt it, just hammer down and it'll go pretty much where you aim.

She's been driving over everything in her way ever since :D

mrbigjeep 12-24-2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter (Post 40421)
When Amy and I first got together she owned one of those little Honda go cart crx things, you know, the ones where you have to lift your butt off the seat when going over bumps. anyway, when I went long haul trucking we knew I wouldn't be around to shovel the driveway or put chains on her car or anything (as if I actually did that sorta thing before:flipoff: ) we'll we decided she should get something that could get around in the snow a little better than a pregnant roller skate. we went shopping and she eventually fell in love with a 94 Jeep Wrangler, it was a little more than I had wanted to spend but I knew it could do the job and they were giving us a good deal on the recycled aluminum can she had been driving so we got it.
/me Hi hon what's up?
/her I'm stuck!!!
/me huh?
/her I'm stuck in the drive way, the snow plows plowed a berm around the driveway and I'm stuck!!!
/her yes, of course I did, I tried easing over the berm so I wouldn't hurt it and I got high centered.
/me it's a Jeep, you aren't going to hurt it, just hammer down and it'll go pretty much where you aim.

thats good ^^ :D

activelydying 12-24-2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

/me Hi hon what's up?
/her I'm stuck!!!
/me huh?

that's the only way to do it:D

COyj 12-24-2006 02:04 PM

I did the same thing and than my friend Tom in his 95 Bronco did the same thing his parents where jsut like wow why didnt we make him do that before lol

amy 12-24-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Including his foot one time.:eek: