Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Has Anyone Else... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/has-anyone-else-46540.html)

jgano23 03-13-2010 06:16 PM

Has Anyone Else...
 
seen this ad banner?
http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/r...3/untitled.jpg

jeep seems to be marketing towards a different demographic now. they used to market towards post college 20-somethings, but they seem to be broadening their horizons given the active lifestyles of the aging baby boomers. i was just wondering if anyone else had made the same observation?

joemd60 03-13-2010 06:30 PM

jg, I use IE, but that Wrangler banner is on my browser as well. And hey, I just noticed you are a now a Mod congrats!:)

JDsDream 03-13-2010 06:32 PM

I've noticed and no comment.

joemd60 03-13-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 570776)
I've noticed and no comment.

And I also noticed she is calling us old JD.:D

cavediverjc 03-13-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joemd60 (Post 570773)
jg, I use IE, but that Wrangler banner is on my browser as well. And hey, I just noticed you are a now a Mod congrats!:)

Dang, they'll let ANYONE Mod this forum huh? :D

joemd60 03-13-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 570823)
Dang, they'll let ANYONE Mod this forum huh? :D

It's frightening!:D

jgano23 03-13-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 570823)
Dang, they'll let ANYONE Mod this forum huh? :D

banned

Quote:

Originally Posted by joemd60 (Post 570824)
It's frightening!:D

banned

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 570776)
I've noticed and no comment.

you know what, you're banned too.

:D

Bobthegod 03-15-2010 07:32 AM

<<<< card carrying AARP member and proud of it. Get discounts on most parts too :)

chucky cheese 03-15-2010 07:58 AM

I joined AARP because I thought it was for older people who have good genes( like old growth wood) to have more sex with superior gene young females. It is to eliminate the loss of one hand being used to hold up pants and visors on hats protecting one ear.
Advanced Age Reproduction Project.
But all I got was a stupid card.

JDsDream 03-15-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 571097)
you know what, you're banned too.:D

:eek:After all the cr@p I've posted, I get banned for "No Comment"?:rofl:

NVRDLMO 03-15-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 571097)
banned


banned


you know what, you're banned too.

:D

Looks to me like a severe case of CGS (crossing guard syndrome):rolleyes:

Hilldweller 03-15-2010 09:53 AM

So now there will be loads of JKs tooling down the Florida Turnpike at 57 mph in the left lane with the left blinker on brandishing bumper stickers that say "I Brake for Bingo" and "Ask Me About My Grandkids".

Sweet.

jgano23 03-15-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilldweller (Post 572243)
So now there will be loads of JKs tooling down the Florida Turnpike at 57 mph in the left lane with the left blinker on brandishing bumper stickers that say "I Brake for Bingo" and "Ask Me About My Grandkids".

Sweet.

you forgot the "i live. i ride. i am. jeep." sticker :D

Blackbeard1718 03-15-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 572247)
you forgot the "i live. i ride. i am. jeep." sticker :D

Nope..... that's on the back bumper of the Senior's Shuttle Bus! The other stickers Bill mentioned, took up all of the room on the Jeep! http://www.maxi-scoots.com/postnuke/...iratelaugh.gif

Cheers!

BB

Hilldweller 03-15-2010 01:56 PM

"over there... ...there... ...that's it; click the Rubicon package so we get two D44s and E-lockers..."

http://mooreauto.com/Images/Sites/Si...abyboomers.jpg

pking911 03-15-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilldweller (Post 572389)
"over there... ...there... ...that's it; click the rubicon package so we get two d44s and e-lockers..."

http://mooreauto.com/images/sites/si...abyboomers.jpg



lol

MOz 03-15-2010 07:04 PM

I think Chrysler is trying to expand on the soccer mom vibe...

InfernoGirl 03-15-2010 07:49 PM

Wow! I'm glad I don't see the ads, or it would cause me to have yet another mid life crisis.... ;)

MOz 03-15-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 572726)
Wow! I'm glad I don't see the ads, or it would cause me to have yet another mid life crisis.... ;)

Oh, those are expensive aren't they? The last one cost me...well, I bought my Jeep and then the insanity started again.

I feel another one coming on..... I have my eye on a 2008 Mustang Cobra this time. The wife greenlighted my plan as long as I finish the kitchen (the damn kitchen is going to cost me as much as the Cobra I want).

whiteyj 03-15-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilldweller (Post 572389)
"over there... ...there... ...that's it; click the Rubicon package so we get two D44s and E-lockers..."

http://mooreauto.com/Images/Sites/Si...abyboomers.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: AARP is my friend........

InfernoGirl 03-15-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOz (Post 572736)
Oh, those are expensive aren't they? The last one cost me...well, I bought my Jeep and then the insanity started again.

I feel another one coming on..... I have my eye on a 2008 Mustang Cobra this time. The wife greenlighted my plan as long as I finish the kitchen (the damn kitchen is going to cost me as much as the Cobra I want).

I agree.... My last one was my Jeep! :) But my first one is what got me started buying 4x4's so it's all good....I've been having them for almost 17 years now... :p I wish I didn't like them so much.... :D

Hilldweller 03-16-2010 07:05 AM

I had 3 MINI Coopers in a row before buying the Jeep.

I have motorpsychosis... ...and I'm too dang young still for my AARP card. I'm doomed.
Those freakin' Camaros are sweet.

InfernoGirl 03-16-2010 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilldweller (Post 573110)
I'm doomed.
Those freakin' Camaros are sweet.

LOL! Just don't look at them..... :D

PecosRiver 03-16-2010 08:08 AM

AARP member here. I can tell you that no one joins that group because they think growing old is cool, and that magazine is embarrassing. We joined because we’re CHEAP! The discounts that you get while traveling is worth the price of admission. I save about $200 to $300 a year on hotels alone.

Where’s the cheap emoticon on this site?

Hilldweller 03-16-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 573147)
I save about $200 to $300 a year on hotels alone.

We haven't spent a cent on hotels since buying the Conqueror... :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/100_3818.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/100_3754.jpg

PecosRiver 03-16-2010 08:25 AM

Good for you. Trouble is, you’re not married to my wife. Your outfit is the moral equivalent of Gitmo to my wife. A Motel 6 is grounds for divorce to her. Holiday Inn Express is now the lowest she’ll voluntarily go on the motel list.

I like your outfit and I miss camping with her, but some years back we got caught up in a series of tornadoes in Nebraska and she’s never camped again.

I’m thinking of building a tear drop trailer for myself and getting out again.

InfernoGirl 03-16-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 573161)
I miss camping with her, but some years back we got caught up in a series of tornadoes in Nebraska and she’s never camped again.

Seriously, do you blame her???? :D I wouldn't do it either, lucky for me hubby wears a Cpap, so electricity is required for sleeping....

Hilldweller 03-16-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 573161)
... some years back we got caught up in ...Nebraska ...

There's your mistake right there... :p

Martyn and Mario at AT make a very very nice teardrop, btw.

PecosRiver 03-16-2010 11:28 AM

At?

Hilldweller 03-16-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 573274)
At?

Adventure Trailers - Off Road Trailers & Overland Equipment
They're not cheap but they build the most bomb-proof offroad camping trailers in the world.
Check out the FlipPac too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 PM.