Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF Site Help & Support (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/)
-   -   Browser Issue or Site? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/browser-issue-or-site-47340.html)

woodsballnc 03-24-2010 09:04 AM

Browser Issue or Site?

Anyone had any problems with the site keeping you logged in? I don't think its a browser issue I've tried with three of them and it still won't let me stayed logged in. It just refreshes the page and returns to the home screen and the login form is blank like I'm not logged in. But when I click on a thread I'm mysteriously logged in. Any ideas as to whats happening?
The browsers I used were Firefox,Chrome and :banghead: IE even though I didn't think it would work.

PecosRiver 03-24-2010 09:06 AM

I was logged out once, but I’ve remained logged in since. Safari is my browser.

Normally don’t need to log in.

woodsballnc 03-24-2010 09:08 AM

Well I started messing around and it only does it on the home screen. If I click one a thread first then log in it keeps me in...weird

woodsballnc 03-24-2010 09:09 AM

And just tried Safari same thing..hmm

woodsballnc 03-24-2010 09:10 AM

Not that I mind it just didn't know if anyone else had the issue.

PecosRiver 03-24-2010 09:13 AM

There’s a home screen?

woodsballnc 03-24-2010 09:17 AM

If you just type in wranglerforum.com thats home. I think it might be the internet here. Im on a collage network Its doing it to all my sites where I have to log in. I'll try it again when I get home and see if it is the connection here.

ryt2112 03-24-2010 09:19 AM

Yes, mine does that exact thing also. I thought it was something to do with my cookie settings etc. so I didn't bother looking into it (I have a lot of the settings in my browsers adjusted to my liking).

woodsballnc 03-24-2010 09:23 AM

I think its just my OSX partition I went over to my Windows 7 and it works fine with chrome and ff and even IE...Idk

InfernoGirl 03-24-2010 10:03 AM

I was logged out this morning. I think they might have been/be doing some work on the site. Last night mine was very slow to load....

Jp90Talon 03-24-2010 10:19 AM

Same issue here PLUS if I log on the homepage it redirects me back to the same home page with the login boxes on the top right as if I hadnt logged in. I then have to click the wrangler forum banner on the top left to get to the forum page that shows I am logged in. I have been doing this for almost a year now but have gotten used to it.

Janet H 03-24-2010 10:30 AM

We did some updates last night that caused everyone to have to log in again. Be sure to hit the "remember me" button when you log in. If it continues please post.

InfernoGirl 03-24-2010 10:41 AM

Wow JP, they must really not like you! ;)

woodsballnc 03-24-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jp90Talon (Post 580694)
Same issue here PLUS if I log on the homepage it redirects me back to the same home page with the login boxes on the top right as if I hadnt logged in. I then have to click the wrangler forum banner on the top left to get to the forum page that shows I am logged in. I have been doing this for almost a year now but have gotten used to it.

That is exactly what happens to me.
Could this be a cookie issue?

woodsballnc 03-24-2010 04:32 PM

Ok I found a fix :D If you remake the link to the forum on your browser( like making a new bookmark)it will solve the site logging you out.(least for me it did) Can anyone confirm it?