Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Dumb lift question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/dumb-lift-question-47689.html)

Bionicrooster 03-29-2010 07:17 AM

Dumb lift question

Hey guys I searched the forums and couldn't find what I was looking for so i hope you don't mind me posting this, but I have a question on "Budget boost" lifts. I was looking to raise my new JK 2 dr just and inch or two, I will be keeping stock tire size just wanted a bit of extra height. while searching for budget boost on ebay I came across these:

1.0" Jeep Wrangler JK Lift Kit Spacer Budget Boost : eBay Motors (item 270553750620 end time Mar-31-10 10:34:25 PDT)

Question is it appears to just be spacers, if i buy this do i not need to get anything else to work with it? For the price it seems like a steal but if I am gonna end up buying more stuff I may just look into leaving the stock height and getting flat fenders instead.

InfernoGirl 03-29-2010 08:16 AM

You should be able to add up to 2" of lift without any other modifications being done. I'm not entirely sure about JK's, but I'm fairly certain that is correct. Coil spacers are fine for gaining some minor additional ground clearance.

Welcome to the forum, don't forget to wave! :) I'm sure someone who has a JK will pop in here soon.

Interesting username... I'm not gonna mention where my imagination takes me with it :)

J.B. 03-29-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 584833)
Interesting username... I'm not gonna mention where my imagination takes me with it :)

GIRL!!!!:redface::redface::bottom:

Bionicrooster 03-29-2010 11:23 AM

Haha thanks Inferno, and this is my fourth Jepp so I always wave :-)

CruserBruiser 03-29-2010 11:35 AM

Your gonna hate your self if you buy that 1" lift. You will get more functionality out of the budget boost. Teraflex seems to have the most popular of these. It comes with everything you need and no drive line mods or extended brake lines are recquired.

CruserBruiser 03-29-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 584833)
You should be able to add up to 2" of lift without any other modifications being done. I'm not entirely sure about JK's, but I'm fairly certain that is correct. Coil spacers are fine for gaining some minor additional ground clearance.

Welcome to the forum, don't forget to wave! :) I'm sure someone who has a JK will pop in here soon.

Robo Cock :rofl:

thaduke2003 03-29-2010 12:01 PM

^ That IS a budget boost. A budget boost is a spacer lift. That link is to a spacer lift.

1" worth of spacer lift won't change much.
My question is why? Also, a MUCH better idea- buy a set of stock 4-door springs off a user who lifted theirs. You can run OEM everything else (you MAY want an extended set of shocks, but you don't NEED them), and the dealership will be none the wiser. Looks great under Briana's with 33's, and they've given us ZERO warranty BS (unlike mine :)). Lifts you about 1.5" on a softtop 2-door 6-speed. Also, shouldn't cost you more than $60-75 for the set of 4, and is OEM quality, not eBay "quality" :) Mark W.

tgates 03-29-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionicrooster (Post 584813)
Hey guys I searched the forums and couldn't find what I was looking for so i hope you don't mind me posting this, but I have a question on "Budget boost" lifts. I was looking to raise my new JK 2 dr just and inch or two, I will be keeping stock tire size just wanted a bit of extra height. while searching for budget boost on ebay I came across these:

1.0" Jeep Wrangler JK Lift Kit Spacer Budget Boost : eBay Motors (item 270553750620 end time Mar-31-10 10:34:25 PDT)

Question is it appears to just be spacers, if i buy this do i not need to get anything else to work with it? For the price it seems like a steal but if I am gonna end up buying more stuff I may just look into leaving the stock height and getting flat fenders instead.

I have a 09 dr rubicon with a Skyjacker 2" coil spacer lift, stock shocks, stock tires with no other mods. Had it aligned after installing the coil spacers drives fine, will probably add Teraflex shock extensions front and rear, since it is a rubi, no need to toss a good set of gas tuned shocks yet and can get the extensions for about the price of one shock.

Bionicrooster 03-29-2010 07:25 PM

Thanks Duke, I was actually looking at the 2 inch spacers. Miight even go with flat fenders and leave the height stock :-)

thaduke2003 03-29-2010 08:52 PM

^ Might not be a bad idea. That way, you have a solid base, and can lift more if you so desire- Mark W.

Bionicrooster 03-30-2010 07:39 AM

That what I was thinking, do the flat fenders, put on the 33's and see if I want more, could always add 2 inches later....plus I love the look of the flat fenders.

Thanks again for the advice. Picking up my Jeep tomorrow so hopefully will have some pics soon.

thaduke2003 03-30-2010 01:22 PM

Nice- what'd you order? Congrats, and enjoy. By the way, where are you located? Mark W.