Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/)
-   -   winches (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/winches-479865.html)

grizz85 01-12-2014 09:03 PM

winches
 
I'm a first time jeep owner, and want to put a winch on my 2014 Sahara unlimited. I was wondering if that can be done and still use the stock bumper? Thanks for the input.

VASYLfromUKRAINE 01-12-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizz85 (Post 7394209)
I'm a first time jeep owner, and want to put a winch on my 2014 Sahara unlimited. I was wondering if that can be done and still use the stock bumper? Thanks for the input.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/my...nch-87776.html
right here

LV Naturist 01-13-2014 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another option is this...

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-jk-...late-1173.html

Attachment 665697

Don't flame me on my choice of winch, couldn't beat the price...

John

Antonio_jku 01-13-2014 08:27 PM

Smitty bilt xcr8 winch and call it a day

kjeeper10 01-13-2014 11:24 PM

Anybody see the new Qtec winch ?
http://m.quadratec.com/products/prod...gid=92122+205X

Bonus Bob 01-13-2014 11:54 PM

Nice winch and price... Anyone use the qtech winch regularly?

uncleleo 01-14-2014 12:28 AM

I like the looks of that winch in red.

somis 01-14-2014 01:52 AM

If im not mistaken the Quadratec Winch has only been on for a year maybe 2. I have never read any reviews on it, but I wonder who manufactures it?

I assume it comes with a warranty but I would still be leery of actually buying one.
Great price though.

Cant go wrong with Warn if you didnt already know

Mevman 01-14-2014 07:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LV Naturist (Post 7411785)
Another option is this...

Winch Mounting Plate w/D-rings for 07-13 Jeep JK Wrangler [1173] | Rough Country Suspension Systems

Attachment 665697

Don't flame me on my choice of winch, couldn't beat the price...

John

No flames from over here. I have it and like it...performs well! Went with HF winch plate as well. Remote mounted the solenoid under hood.

kjeeper10 01-14-2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mevman (Post 7428033)
No flames from over here. I have it and like it...performs well! Went with HF winch plate as well. Remote mounted the solenoid under hood.

How was mounting/install ?

michiganadam 01-14-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somis (Post 7426393)
If im not mistaken the Quadratec Winch has only been on for a year maybe 2. I have never read any reviews on it, but I wonder who manufactures it?

I assume it comes with a warranty but I would still be leery of actually buying one.
Great price though.

Cant go wrong with Warn if you didnt already know

I have a q9000 with the non integrated solenoid, and with steel rope. Came with everything i needed to install (ran the cables through the grill), has a lifetime warranty on mechanical, 1 year on electrical.

havent used it yet though.

XTRyan 01-14-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizz85 (Post 7394209)
I'm a first time jeep owner, and want to put a winch on my 2014 Sahara unlimited. I was wondering if that can be done and still use the stock bumper? Thanks for the input.

Here is the Rough Country Winch Plate that is designed to allow you to run a winch on your factory front bumper. It's a really solid piece and you get it with or without D-ring mounts up front. This will be one of the cheapest and esiest ways of mounting a winch on the factory bumper.

Let me know if you have questions or would like a quote!

-Ryan

michiganadam 01-14-2014 01:36 PM

that winch plate sure has an interesting way of mounting to the frame....I like it though.

I of course don't have it.

JeepChad 01-14-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mevman (Post 7428033)
No flames from over here. I have it and like it...performs well! Went with HF winch plate as well. Remote mounted the solenoid under hood.

Where under the good did you mount your solenoid and how? I haven't been able to locate a good spot for mine. Any tips would help.

lee indy 01-14-2014 01:46 PM

be patient find a cheap winch bumper. bunch of people just picked up winch bumpers for 200 shipped

michiganadam 01-14-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepChad (Post 7435689)
Where under the good did you mount your solenoid and how? I haven't been able to locate a good spot for mine. Any tips would help.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/re...ds-479273.html

I posted a thread asking that question the other day, some people have posted pictures.:beerme:

lee indy 01-14-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepChad (Post 7435689)
Where under the good did you mount your solenoid and how? I haven't been able to locate a good spot for mine. Any tips would help.

Engo E9000 winch | JeepsonTrails.com

step by step i did.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.