Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   dash painted (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/dash-painted-48083.html)

KawiTJ 04-03-2010 08:03 PM

dash painted

I got my dash out last night, painted today, and going to undercoat the inside of the jeep tomarrow. I spent like an hour taking screws out of the dash, only to realize its held on with 6 nuts and 6 bolts... Went good though with no problems. I used krylon plastic paint

InfernoGirl 04-03-2010 08:44 PM

Looks good! How are you gonna remember where everything goes when it's time to put it back? :) I'm really good at taking stuff apart, but putting it back together is a whole 'nuther story! :D

KawiTJ 04-03-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 589576)
Looks good! How are you gonna remember where everything goes when it's time to put it back? :) I'm really good at taking stuff apart, but putting it back together is a whole 'nuther story! :D

well lucky me, the 5 different wires I unpluged all have different color connectors so I can't screw that up :D and its not as bad as it looks:p

KawiTJ 04-04-2010 08:21 PM

got the inside undercoated today with diplicolor professional fast drying undercoating. Turned out great

ankyle62 04-04-2010 08:47 PM

why did you go with the undercoat instead of their bedliner?

how many cans did it take?

NickBoudin 04-04-2010 09:58 PM

Looks really good. I hope this isnt your daily driver. Ha!

AzTJ 04-04-2010 10:02 PM

Dash looks great! I'd like to repaint all of my interior, but I'd need new seats to match. :cool::D

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 589576)

I'm the same way... but I usually end up going "That looks like it fits... I think this came from here." And just make things work. :D

KawiTJ 04-05-2010 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTJ (Post 590219)
Dash looks great! I'd like to repaint all of my interior, but I'd need new seats to match. :cool::D

I thought about that too...Id like to try and get seats out of an 04 in gray sometime, but Ill stick with what I have for now

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickBoudin (Post 590215)
Looks really good. I hope this isnt your daily driver. Ha!

It is my daily driver, but I have a street bike...so that was my dd over the weekend..then it started acting up... so im going to use moms car :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by ankyle62 (Post 590161)
why did you go with the undercoat instead of their bedliner?

how many cans did it take?

I did undercoating because I had already done bed liner on the floor and I dont have the patience to roll it on, and the spray one was like 4 bucks more a can. The undercoating looks the same, just not shiney and plasticy. I used 5 cans, one on each fender, one on each front floor, and one just to do a thin coat over the bedliner thats already on the floor. Its like 6 bucks a can.

NickBoudin 04-05-2010 10:27 AM

I want to do the bedliner on my interior, but I'm not ready to rip it apart, summer's here! Getting the hard top off and some body mounted mirrors are my priority. :cool: :punk:

KawiTJ 04-05-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickBoudin (Post 590412)
I want to do the bedliner on my interior, but I'm not ready to rip it apart, summer's here! Getting the hard top off and some body mounted mirrors are my priority. :cool: :punk:

I had the top off the the second day it was warm and sunny around here lol. And as far as ripping it apart, I got tired of waiting... did it after work last thurs...now I ust gotta put it together :doh:

KawiTJ 04-06-2010 09:32 PM

all back together. put one of my flush tail lights in tonight... the other tomarow

life iz good 04-07-2010 02:55 PM

WoW! I think the undercoating & the dash look great. I'm pretty sure that a lot of us, want to do the same thing but spring time is here and summer time is coming!!

KawiTJ 04-07-2010 09:45 PM

theres the left tail light. not all done yet, but its there

Vanimal00000 04-07-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KawiTJ (Post 592845)
theres the left tail light. not all done yet, but its there

Light looks good! I read somewhere that when LEDs are put in a non-LED circuit they end up going out faster. This actually happened on my R6 when i put flush lights in. But let me know how they work/last bc i like it and its less stuff to rip off of the body.

NickBoudin 04-07-2010 10:43 PM

Are those legal for road use? They look great! Link me to 'em haha.

sjlawr 04-07-2010 10:58 PM

Looks really good!

AzTJ 04-08-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KawiTJ (Post 591923)
all back together. put one of my flush tail lights in tonight... the other tomarow

Looks awesome! When I get my 2nd car (this summer?) I should be able to spend more time working on my TJ and not worry about needing to drive it the next day. :D

jdhallissey 04-08-2010 01:45 AM

AZTJ you just need to learn to work FASTER hehe :D

scorpiogirl 04-08-2010 01:54 AM

wow! looks good! i dont think I have that much patience LOL

AzTJ 04-08-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdhallissey (Post 592948)
AZTJ you just need to learn to work FASTER hehe :D

My projects usually take too long. I know I'll have to suffer with the TJ sitting it's frame on jack stands for several months at some point. :zap::D

knox 04-08-2010 07:31 AM

Looks great!
I just bedlinered a K5 Blazer that belongs to my buddy. It went good, but it is SOOOO LOUD inside now. We used Herculiner and it went on easy and looks great.

KawiTJ 04-08-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickBoudin (Post 592891)

The lights say dot approved and im going to have back up lights and the guy that inspects it said he'd pass it as long as they work thats all that matters lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanimal00000 (Post 592854)
Light looks good! I read somewhere that when LEDs are put in a non-LED circuit they end up going out faster. This actually happened on my R6 when i put flush lights in. But let me know how they work/last bc i like it and its less stuff to rip off of the body.

Yea, i did that on my cbr but it was just a 8w bulb as a running light and melted the turn signal because it got a little too hot lol. Im going to look into a timed relay to try to prevent the fast blinking or try some resistors.

KawiTJ 04-08-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpiogirl (Post 592951)
wow! looks good! i dont think I have that much patience LOL

i dont... lol I was going to wait untill I had a weekend to do it all, but I did it inbetween things over the last week:D probably made my neighbors mad making noise with a jig saw at 9pm to put the light in haha

Frat36 04-08-2010 09:02 AM

Looks great. Do you plan on painting the door panels too? I thought about doing all this but wasn't sure how the paint would look on the plastic. Can you tell that it was painted when you look close or does it look original?

KawiTJ 04-08-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frat36 (Post 593037)
Looks great. Do you plan on painting the door panels too? I thought about doing all this but wasn't sure how the paint would look on the plastic. Can you tell that it was painted when you look close or does it look original?

the speaker covers and the panel under the the steering wheel came out like factory, but the rest is real shiney... I like it, its solid color all the way across so looks nice. I'll do my doors sometime, but not to woried about it.

KawiTJ 04-08-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickBoudin (Post 592891)

oh yea, I bought em from harbor freight lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanimal00000 (Post 592854)

according to a site I was on, a 6 ohm resistor is equivilant to a 50w bulb. So Ill be adding that to my list