Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Women Work On Jeeps Too!!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/women-work-on-jeeps-too-48422.html)

cobhc777 04-08-2010 09:20 PM

Women Work On Jeeps Too!!!!

I posted this thanks to a certain someone, telling me to let the world know that women can use wrenches too...

I've been having difficulties with my Jeep with its shifting, and I still have no idea what it could be. I think it's just the fact that the slave cylinder was bled wrong, so I'm re-bleeding it. Yes, I was on my back, and took the slave off myself (with a regular wrench, not a ratchet... gotta deal with what you have lol). I determined that all this because fluid was flowing through the line, and fluid was inside the slave. So the thing that makes the most sense is the fact that the slave was bled wrong.

If not, I guess it could be the clutch master cylinder... in which... yes... I will change it myself.

For the girls out there: if men are telling you you're worth nothing, and can't work on vehicles... tell them where they can go shove it. =)

Hellll yeahhhh...

distortedtj 04-08-2010 09:23 PM

Lair...girls don't know what a wrench is. :p

Hope you get it all worked out.

cobhc777 04-08-2010 09:25 PM

Yes, of course girls don't know what wrenches are... sheesh... Mr. You-should-post-this... hahahaha. Thank you =)

skeeter 04-08-2010 09:26 PM

Unpossible, there are no womenz on teh interwebs...

Good luck with the repair.

Jp90Talon 04-08-2010 09:28 PM

Sometimes they are useful....they and have tiny hands and can fit in tight spaces. Plus its always nice to have someone arund to pass you a beer.

distortedtj 04-08-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter (Post 593622)
Unpossible, there are no womenz on teh interwebs...

No kidding...kitchen...yes.....the kitchen is where they should be. :rolleyes:

Geoff@Bestop 04-08-2010 09:32 PM

http://pzrservices.typepad.com/vinta...ist_old_ad.jpg

distortedtj 04-08-2010 09:33 PM

^^^^^^
:rofl:

89PBR96 04-08-2010 09:37 PM

My wife helps get me Beer and bleed lines I made her do some body work cause I needed a beer break dusty beer is no good lol
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...0806092119.jpg
All they need is a little help and they can learn also

Jp90Talon 04-08-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop (Post 593632)

I would love to get ahold of your photobucket account.....I can only imagine the vast amount of hilarious pics you have saved up. :D

Geoff@Bestop 04-08-2010 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp90talon (Post 593636)
i would love to get ahold of your photobucket account.....i can only imagine the vast amount of hilarious pics you have saved up. :d

Attachment 17856

Geoff@Bestop 04-08-2010 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
cobhc777:
We're obviously getting a little silly here.

But in truth, we support, honor and respect women who Jeep, and women who Jeep AND fix their rigs - downright hot!

Attachment 17857

Odhinn 04-08-2010 09:50 PM

Some of the best techs I worked along side in the shops were women. Their smaller fingers, skinny arms, and an ability to concentrate on a million things at once earned my respect in the mechanical field.

Vanimal00000 04-08-2010 10:19 PM

I hear women also don't poop or fart....

cobhc777 04-08-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop (Post 593652)
cobhc777:
We're obviously getting a little silly here.

But in truth, we support, honor and respect women who Jeep, and women who Jeep AND fix their rigs - downright hot!

Attachment 17857

Yes. Tell me about it... I know I am!!!! =P

Odhinn 04-08-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanimal00000 (Post 593703)
I hear women also don't poop or fart....

You Haven't been around a real one yet? NO worries, you will in time.:flipoff:

s3nt3nc3d 04-08-2010 10:40 PM

Seriously, I'm the only one who said men do it better than women?

First let me explain myself before I get lynched...

There ARE exceptions but I only had two options so I needed to choose the best of the two...there are some women out there who blow me away with vehicles and can do some amazing work on their own. However, MOST women cannot work vehicles and are generally complete idiots when it comes to vehicles. This is not simply because they are women and the female mind is dumb...but rather, most women are not interested in working on vehicles and those that are, often times find it difficult, if not downright impossible to learn. Their dads/grandpas/etc don't usually want to teach them, because they feel like it's not a "woman's place" and so typically the women are left with two options...

1.) Do it themselves...while risking breaking stuff and not knowing how to fix the newly broken stuff.

2.) Pay someone else to do it, get a male friend to do it, etc.

That's the point where the majority choose option #2.

The exceptions are those with parents/grandparents who aren't old fashioned and are willing to teach them...or those with friends who are willing to teach them...OR those who were brave enough to risk breaking stuff in order to learn something most girls cannot do.

So yes, I did feel that "Men do it better than women no matter the situation..." was the most accurate of the two choices...but it was not chosen simply because I feel that women are inferior to men.

Odhinn 04-08-2010 10:47 PM

Dude...You better duck.:rofl:

cobhc777 04-08-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3nt3nc3d (Post 593729)

There ARE exceptions but I only had two options so I needed to choose the best of the two...there are some women out there who blow me away with vehicles and can do some amazing work on their own. However, MOST women cannot work vehicles and are generally complete idiots when it comes to vehicles. This is not simply because they are women and the female mind is dumb...but rather, most women are not interested in working on vehicles and those that are, often times find it difficult, if not downright impossible to learn. Their dads/grandpas/etc don't usually want to teach them, because they feel like it's not a "woman's place" and so typically the women are left with two options...

1.) Do it themselves...while risking breaking stuff and not knowing how to fix the newly broken stuff.

The exceptions are those with parents/grandparents who aren't old fashioned and are willing to teach them...or those with friends who are willing to teach them...OR those who were brave enough to risk breaking stuff in order to learn something most girls cannot do.

So yes, I did feel that "Men do it better than women no matter the situation..." was the most accurate of the two choices...but it was not chosen simply because I feel that women are inferior to men.

Believe it or not, I do understand where you're coming from... there are those more... materialistic type of girls who can't stand even a spec of dirt getting under their nails. But what you need to understand is there are also guys who are that way as well. They are called homos. I am not talking them down, I'm just saying that like materialistic girls, they are very feminine and don't like to get dirty which is understandable and respectable.

But there are also the lesbian women and the usual men... they usually like to get down and dirty and love working on vehicles.

Let me tell you... I am not lesbian. I am 100% straight (other than saying chicks are hot, but I'm sure men do that with guys without telling their guy friends). So exactly what category am I in?

Oh. By the way, I'm not your average dumb ass blonde, either.

amy 04-08-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3nt3nc3d (Post 593729)

You're in trouble now! Do you realize how far that can be twisted? :rofl:

amy 04-08-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobhc777 (Post 593742)
Believe it or not, I do understand where you're coming from... there are those more... materialistic type of girls who can't stand even a spec of dirt getting under their nails. But what you need to understand is there are also guys who are that way as well. They are called homos. I am not talking them down, I'm just saying that like materialistic girls, they are very feminine and don't like to get dirty which is understandable and respectable.

But there are also the lesbian women and the usual men... they usually like to get down and dirty and love working on vehicles.

Let me tell you... I am not lesbian. I am 100% straight (other than saying chicks are hot, but I'm sure men do that with guys without telling their guy friends). So exactly what category am I in?

Oh. By the way, I'm not your average dumb ass blonde, either.

A woman working on her own jeep isn't a lesbian, she's a jeep girl.

distortedtj 04-08-2010 11:04 PM

Doesn't matter anyhow...every other perv on the introwebs probably just sent her a message. :rofl:

Everyone has there own thing if vehicles aint their thing so be it.

cobhc777 04-08-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy (Post 593747)
A woman working on her own jeep isn't a lesbian, she's a jeep girl.

Lol. I wasn't saying that. I was saying the fact that you see MOST of the "butchy" types of women working on vehicles.

But I'm a Jeep girl. You're a Jeep girl.

distortedtj 04-08-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobhc777 (Post 593757)
Lol. I wasn't saying that. I was saying the fact that you see MOST of the "butchy" types of women working on vehicles.

But I'm a Jeep girl. Amy's a HELLO KITTY, gun slingin' , Jeep girl.

fixed. :D

Vanimal00000 04-08-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobhc777 (Post 593757)

But I'm a Jeep girl. You're a Jeep girl.

:D yes ma'am, this sounds good!

s3nt3nc3d 04-08-2010 11:21 PM

Hahaha... and there's another form of men that fit that description and are straight. They're called metros. LOL

It definitely wasn't meant as an insult to women...I have no problem denying that I find it quite attractive when a woman knows how to do more than just check her oil. If she knows how to change her oil, work on her brakes, or do even more in depth stuff...that's awesome...heck, maybe she'll even teach ME a thing or three.

http://www.blackshireserver.net/images/jeepchart.gif

cobhc777 04-08-2010 11:21 PM

Awww thank you. I'm sure she'll appreciate the fix!!!!!

NVRDLMO 04-08-2010 11:23 PM

My wife held my hood up for three days once.....

Attachment 17859

That's better than a mechanic......that's a quality part !:punk:

cobhc777 04-08-2010 11:23 PM

This is a test. I hope it works??? (Not familiar with uploading pictures and posting things on a site).
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1914/dsc00167ch.jpg

Geoff@Bestop 04-08-2010 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In real life right about now, I'd be pretending my cell phone was vibrating, I'd look at it, go "oh no!" and then run away from this conversation.

Attachment 17860