Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Tube & Flat Fenders! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/tube-and-flat-fenders-48473.html)

cstegner 04-09-2010 07:49 PM

Tube & Flat Fenders!

I've been investigating tube and flat fenders for my new wrangler for about 2 weeks now and noticed just about every day there is a post on here asking about information on tube and flat fenders.

So today I took some time and made a list of every bit of information I have found in the last two weeks and compiled it and then made a blog just so I would have someplace to host it.

So here is the start to a compiled list of everything tube fenders for TJ Wranglers. Hope it helps and I'll be working on it over the next few days but got tired after a few hours today.

Whatever I missed or you think it should have just comment here or there and I'll do my best to keep it updated.

Tube & Flat Fenders for the Wrangler TJ Wrangler Life

Jerry Bransford 04-09-2010 07:56 PM

Here's a writeup for a flat fender installation I did several months ago... New lightweight classic CJ-style flattie fenders for the Wrangler - JeepForum.com

cstegner 04-09-2010 08:09 PM

Thanks and great post. I got it added under the MCE section.

How have you been liking yours? I've really been tossing around the idea of grabbing a pair. I've been talking with Mike and he said they might be coming out with a 3" flare before too long so I'm holding out to see how that looks.

Jerry Bransford 04-09-2010 08:16 PM

They were great for the 3-4 weeks they were on before my frigging TJ got stolen in early March. :mad:

Bignuke 04-09-2010 10:26 PM

I love those fenders... Jerry, about how far did you cut your old fender off? ( if that makes since?) umm how much of the fender did you cut? Might make more since..

LuvMyTJ 04-13-2010 11:32 PM

I am seriously considering the MCE plastic fenders. One of you guys has them? What was involved in fitting them? They don't provide any info on the web site regarding installation. Someone here mentioned a rumor that there may be a 3" version coming out?
I looked at some of the tube fenders on e-bay and they look like a 3 year old welded them together. :(

EDIT: just found the thread with the write up on them! :)

Jerry Bransford 04-14-2010 01:56 AM

Was the thread you found on an MCE fender install the one I wrote up?

LuvMyTJ 04-21-2010 11:25 PM

Yes it was.

LuvMyTJ 04-21-2010 11:44 PM

Dang it! I just went to order a set of the textured model and they are sold out. :(

Cons_Table 04-22-2010 10:39 AM

Ill be getting my textured MCE fenders in the mail today :D

mrcarcrazy 04-22-2010 11:05 AM

I'm really impressed with how yours turned out Jerry. I remember you preaching about Tube fender's negative side (no flex when you smash a rock, potentially screwing up the tub.). seems the plastic is a genious way to get around that.

Oh and with these you can retain your OEM air intake, since the inner fender is unchanged. right?

Jerry Bransford 04-22-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy (Post 605198)
Oh and with these you can retain your OEM air intake, since the inner fender is unchanged. right?

Yes, and that's a really good thing. I now need someone who wants to trade their OE air filter with the Ram Air intake that came on my new Jeep so I can go back to the OEM air filter box! :)

solo97tj 04-22-2010 11:40 AM

im getting these Jeep TJ YJ CJ Steel Fender Flares

cstegner 04-22-2010 12:27 PM

I emailed MCE about the possibility of a 3" flare and Mike (really nice guy) got back to me and let me know they were currently looking into the possibility of a 3" flare attachment to their current fender.

Sounds like you would be safe ordering the MCE flat fender now and then just attaching the flare on later.

Cons_Table 04-22-2010 12:31 PM

Im curious how the flare will look and how it attaches. Mike should send out some teaser pics of their ideas ;)

mrcarcrazy 04-22-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 605236)
Yes, and that's a really good thing. I now need someone who wants to trade their OE air filter with the Ram Air intake that came on my new Jeep so I can go back to the OEM air filter box! :)

I bet you'll be able to find someone...every new jeeper seems to think those things are just the coolest thing ever.

if you run out of patience on that one, I bought mine from daveysjeeps.com
It was under 50.00 shipped IIRC.