Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Got My EAD Date!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/got-my-ead-date-48542.html)

jeeps&comics 04-10-2010 07:34 PM

Got My EAD Date!!

Hey everybody, just found out some awesome news!!

As some of you may know, I'm a student at Rutgers Univ up here in Jersey, as well as doing the Air Force ROTC stuff. I will be graduating/commissioning in May, and pinning on my 2nd Lieutenant Butter bars. I am super excited.

That being said, I couldn't really plan my summer because I didn't know when the Air Force would actually let me enter active duty. I was kind of hoping I'd have a summer (last summer break before being a for real adult) for some traveling, etc. I just got word that I'll be EAD'n on 1 October. :D

Now I can work, make some money, and do a s*** ton of partying and traveling before I have to enter the "real world."

Just thought I'd share my happy news with my WF buddies :punk:

J1R3D 04-10-2010 07:38 PM

Hey, congrats on graduating and your commissioning in advance. thats a great deal, maybe if I see you one day Ill render up a salute

RatherBNarizona 04-10-2010 07:39 PM

congrats and well done!

Storm27m 04-10-2010 09:22 PM

Great....another butter bar to break in :D Congratulations SIR! You'll be driving a JK in no time.

csamn2007 04-10-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm27m (Post 595098)
Great....another butter bar to break in :D Congratulations SIR! You'll be driving a JK in no time.

I was thinking the same thing, all we need is more butter bars :rofl: lol! Just remember you can learn a lot from the enlisted. Congratz!

jgano23 04-10-2010 09:55 PM

congrats man. make sure you make some time to hit up RC or the pine barrens with us.

sjlawr 04-11-2010 06:05 AM

Congrats. You will love being on Active Duty. Enjoy your summer.

jeeps&comics 04-11-2010 05:10 PM

thanks everyone for the wishes...

and i know, i know, "another butter bar who thinks they know everything..."
haha that's not me, i'm looking forward to learning the ropes and taking in everything i can!

Jerry Bransford 04-12-2010 07:03 PM

Butter bar, how great is that... congrats! As soon as you can find one, ask a grizzled E-7 or E-8 (E-9s are too grumpy). to take you under his wing and teach you the ropes. I kid you not. You'll be thankful afterwards and the AF will be much better off. ;)

Storm27m 04-12-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 596657)
Butter bar, how great is that... congrats! As soon as you can find one, ask a grizzled E-7 or E-8 (E-9s are too grumpy). to take you under his wing and teach you the ropes. I kid you not. You'll be thankful afterwards and the AF will be much better off. ;)

As usual, this man speaks the truth. Great advice.

LoneStarWrangler 04-12-2010 09:58 PM

Congrats bud, that is an exciting time. I am about to pin on Capt in may and the last 4 years have flown by. What is your AFSC and where will you be stationed?

jeeps&comics 08-13-2010 07:10 PM

thanks for the advice everyone! and LoneStar, 61A1 Analytical Scientist out at Edwards.

sorry for the late response.. i guess its like a 4 month bump. haha