Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   My name is John - and I have a Jeep problem (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/my-name-is-john-and-i-have-a-jeep-problem-4868.html)

SPDSNYPR 12-30-2006 01:42 PM

My name is John - and I have a Jeep problem

New guy to the forum here - so be gentle. I am not really a car guy - but I seem to have a Jeep problem.

I have owned 3 Wranglers (89 sahara, 93 islander, 99 sport), and just bought a 2007 unlimited X 4wd (never thought I'd have to specify that) yesterday. She comes in Tuesday. I'll be trading in my 99 sport (pic below) for it. I'll be sad to see the old girl go, but the kids are getting too big to get in and out easily and I need to haul more gear - the wife doesn't want to give up her (gulp) Ford Expedition. And - frankly - I took to the unlimited 4dr as soon as I took a look at it.

The old girl - my last week with her.:(
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...e/100_2607.jpg

Oh - and I've had 2 grand cherokees and a cherokee. Does the sickness ever end? :eek:

I'm not big into putting on lift kits and tires bigger than my garage - stock rocks (to a point - you gotta do some customizing).

I have been on other forums for years, but never thought to look for one about Jeeps. No, I'm not very bright. But very happy to be here. :D

Scout 12-30-2006 02:00 PM

Glad to have you with us. Welcome to the FORUM!

bluvikng 12-30-2006 02:39 PM

Welcome to this forum, and hope you enjoy your new wrangler. You should have plenty of room in the new 4dr.

amy 12-30-2006 03:11 PM

Welcome to WF, John.
The only thing to do for your problem is to embrace your jeepiness. This will truly set you free and let you fully experience the wonder that is jeep.

The 4dr does look handy when you have growing kids. Enjoy! :D

SPDSNYPR 12-30-2006 03:55 PM

Thanks. The thing is - I already have a feeling like this new Jeep is going to pry a lot of money out of me much to my wife's dismay. And I couldn't be happier about it.

Texapple 12-30-2006 04:57 PM

welcome and glad to have you with us....we're the friendly sort :D

well......we might throw a pie at you if you don't pass on the Jeep wave :p

Congrats on your new Jeep, be sure to share pics when you get it.

tiny terror 12-30-2006 08:02 PM

You'll fit right in :D Welcome to the place.

04moneypit 12-31-2006 12:32 AM

We all have a jeep problem around here, mostly, it's that we don't have enough jeeps or money or both. Hard to say, maybe I don't have any money because I have a jeep........ oh well. Anyway, welcome and glad to have you as a part of our growing community.

activelydying 12-31-2006 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR (Post 41791)
Thanks. The thing is - I already have a feeling like this new Jeep is going to pry a lot of money out of me much to my wife's dismay. And I couldn't be happier about it.

welcome to the club. :D

SPDSNYPR 12-31-2006 01:46 PM

It's kinda sad - I don't even have the (new) Jeep in the driveway yet, and last night I was looking online to see what the largest size tires I could put on it without lifting it were. Any advice?

Nuthin 12-31-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR (Post 42039)
It's kinda sad - I don't even have the (new) Jeep in the driveway yet, and last night I was looking online to see what the largest size tires I could put on it without lifting it were. Any advice?

Yup!

Be VERY nice to your wife...:D

Welcome to the Forum.

Scotty355 12-31-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR (Post 41763)
No, I'm not very bright. But very happy to be here. :D

What do you mean not to bright? Just by joining you have raised your IQ 2 points.

SPDSNYPR 12-31-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty355 (Post 42071)
What do you mean not to bright? Just by joining you have raised your IQ 2 points.

COOL!!! That brings me up to an even 90 now!! :D :D :D

Texapple 12-31-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuthin (Post 42042)
Yup!

Be VERY nice to your wife...:D

Welcome to the Forum.

I agree ^^^^

hmenker 01-22-2007 10:24 PM

Welcome!

Welcome, John, to the site that truly understands the "sickness" to which you refer. This is the home of people who know "It's a Jeep Thing, You Wouldn't Understand." Like your household, we're a multiple Jeep family, too. Your wife will actually love your new '07 because of the new design. Though my wife runs the finances, she's "hooked" and occasionally gives me a Jeep spending allowance. Again, welcome and good luck with the new Jeep.