Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   just bought a 00 tj (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/just-bought-a-00-tj-48716.html)

andres0101 04-12-2010 10:09 PM

just bought a 00 tj

hey guys im new at this and just wanted to let you know i just bought a used tj....i need some seat covers can n e one help and also wat other mods besides a lift can i do???

andres0101 04-12-2010 10:26 PM

ohh btw i also need a soft top but... i dont kno if there is a soft top like the new models where i can just open it as it if where like a sunroof

InfernoGirl 04-12-2010 10:35 PM

Welcome to the forum! :D

First thing you need to do is spend some time reading here, you will find more things you want to do to your Jeep than most of us can afford, or have time to do in a lifetime! :D
There are lots of threads about different seat covers, pros and cons to most... also tons of info on soft tops. If you want a Sunrider (that's what they're called) you need to look at Bestop. Most vendors carry Bestop products, the Sunrider top is the one that opens like a sunroof. You will need the appropriate hardware for one which your TJ may or may not have, depending on what year it is. I think some of the later ones came with the sunrider option. You may luck into finding a used one on Craigslist or ebay, if not JCWhitney, Quadratec, 4WD Parts and tons of other vendors carry Bestop products.

Post up some pics of your TJ, we love pics! :D Don't forget to wave!

andres0101 04-14-2010 08:29 AM

thank you i would def read more.....im tryin to replace the radio but dont know how to remove the dash....any info???thanks in advance

adkjoe 04-14-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andres0101 (Post 596817)
wat other mods besides a lift can i do???

:rofl: man are you in for it, Just Empty Every Pocket buddy

JeepCreeper 04-14-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andres0101 (Post 597992)
thank you i would def read more.....im tryin to replace the radio but dont know how to remove the dash....any info???thanks in advance

probably similar to this : WikiAnswers - How to remove radio in jeep wrangler 2005

I have a 2000 TJ and I successfully replaced my radio with a new unit, but I had the help of a repair manual... with pictures. There might be a braket attached to the back of the radio that was a pain to get at. A good repair manual will save you lots of headaches.

JeepCreeper 04-14-2010 09:46 AM

Bigger tires / wheels (after a lift).
Better front brakes (after bigger tires)
Rear bumper with swing out tire carrier (needed after bigger tires if you have same size spare)
Winch on front bumper
New Front bumper
Viper engine replacement. ;)
Rocker panel guards

Many, many, many, many more.

andres0101 04-16-2010 06:17 PM

what are the rocker panel guards?

Bruck 04-16-2010 08:03 PM

Dude...Just pry up the defroster vent (really easy)...Remove the 2 screws on the top of the center console (i.e. the trim for the climate control and the radio) then pull it off. Only clips are holding it. The rest is obvious. Good luck.

IndyJeepMan 04-17-2010 12:05 AM

theres a screw behind the ashtray too. Don't just rip it off without all screws out.. or it wont go back on and stay on. Do you have any mechanical knowledge? Youre asking pretty easy questions that you could go in your garage and look at it and figure it out dude.

Markrak 07-30-2010 12:39 PM

If you are interested, I have a kit for sale (that will appear in JC Whitney next spring) that converts the original TJ top to a sunroof. I have it listed on Ebay under Wrangler sunroof. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Thanks!

Mark
flipurtop@gmail.com

mrcarcrazy 07-30-2010 12:51 PM

Search this forum and jeepforum.com.

Any question you could imagine has been answered at least five times.

On seat covers I recommend looking on eBay at a brand called iggees. They are synthetic leather(vinyl). So water resistant. And look better than the just about anything. Also a member her "infernogirl" sells seat covers that look good and can be made more custom. So u might PM her regarding those.

Good luck and enjoy the jeep. They are unlike anything else.

IADave 08-30-2010 09:39 PM

I ordered the Bestop Sunrider from JC Whitney, had a $100 off sale plus free shipping! Love the top so far, very quick to flip the top open or closed for sudden showers. Many people claim it is too difficult to install, however my brother and I did it in about 2 hours.

wolfsbone01 08-31-2010 04:37 PM

Andres0101,
Welcome to the forum, I am also new to the game but I can tell you this look through the forums and you will probably find what you are looking for, but also shop around for price.

OkJeepster 08-31-2010 06:56 PM

Ebay is a better place to look for Jeep accessories than you might think. I have a 2000 Wrangler sport and got my metal "half" doors on there already painted the correct color in great condition. Can do some bartering and swapping on there sometime....

Minn_wild1 08-31-2010 07:15 PM

Good luck with the new Jeep. Check your gear ratios and hopefully you find a Dana 44 while your at it.