Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Yet another Rubicon question to aid in my search. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/yet-another-rubicon-question-to-aid-in-my-search-48731.html)

Jp90Talon 04-13-2010 07:34 AM

Yet another Rubicon question to aid in my search.

I hate posting up so many questions but I really want to get this right. I have been searching for a TJ Rubicon and have been coming accross quite a few Rubicon Unlimiteds. I honestly like the look of them esp with a nice lift. (Remind me of the old scramblers). Most of the time they are even being listed for less $ than the regular Rubicons. However I do realise that a large portion of the parts I have will not swap over (bestop 2 piece hard top, new supertop, extendatrunk, corner guards, and a few other.

So my question is.....is an LJ Rubicon worth it in the long run? I know not all that many were made and they are somewhat rare but is the extended wheel base really worth it or should I just keep looking for a regular TJ Rubicon.

Thanks in advance yet again!

Kate 04-13-2010 07:58 AM

By all means, YES get the LJ if you think it will work for you!

That extra bit of length makes a world of difference on the trail and for people hauling too.

04tjrubicon 04-13-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate (Post 597005)
by all means, yes get the lj if you think it will work for you!

That extra bit of length makes a world of difference on the trail and for people hauling too.

+1

InfernoGirl 04-13-2010 08:14 AM

Yep, JP, since you are already aware of the shortcomings (fewer aftermarket do dads). The extra length can be a big plus. Think about it, no one on these forums who owns one ever says "Dang, I hate my super long TJ.... :)" They all love them, which means they must have something going for them ;) Just stockpile a bunch of spare parts and you'll be the man to go to in 15 years when there's none left!

Jp90Talon 04-13-2010 08:15 AM

The main reason I hesitate is that some real expensive items that I already have will not work with the LJ. Would that stop any of you from getting an LJ over the regular length Rubi?

InfernoGirl 04-13-2010 08:25 AM

Nope, sell 'em and buy what fits! :D It's not like you don't know where to find a market for your stuff... :D

JDsDream 04-13-2010 08:25 AM

Post up and sale what you have and use the money to buy new parts. I own an o6 Unlimited and I have a co-worker with an 06 Rubicon. He said that he wishes that he had purchased the Rubicon Unlimited and has even offered to trade. As far as aftermarket parts are concerned, I have had no problem finding whatever I needed for mine. Most of the parts are interchangeable with the swb wrangler. The doors are the same and all of the interior. The only things that I have purchased that are unlimited specific are the soft top, trail cover and the trim that covers the top rail of the tub.

MCDavis 04-13-2010 02:26 PM

Get the LJ...the space is nice.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 597035)
....the trim that covers the top rail of the tub.

Thread jack: How do you like the trim? Easy on/off? Reasonably durable?

Geoff@Bestop 04-13-2010 02:59 PM

I think the LJ Rubicon will be the most collectible of any Jeep made in the past 25 years or so. I think it will really hold its value, even more than regular Rubi's. Does this make it worth the cost? Heck if I know.

Plus, I want you to buy all new Bestop stuff. :firedevil: OK, that's a joke.

JDsDream 04-13-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCDavis (Post 597422)
Get the LJ...the space is nice.
Thread jack: How do you like the trim? Easy on/off? Reasonably durable?

Easy on, haven't taken it off since I put my soft top on. Got it to cover the scratches from taking the hard top on and off. It's very durable and keeps me from getting burned by hot metal when I have to reach into the back.

Now back on topic.

InfernoGirl 04-13-2010 05:20 PM

What is this trim of which you speak?? Got any pics? Inquiring minds want to know... ;)