Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   front bumper is complete (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/front-bumper-is-complete-49184.html)

Mr One Two 04-19-2010 09:51 PM

front bumper is complete
 
so here is the finished product of my front bumper set up. I am extremely happy with it and in love with my jeep. heres what i put on here:
-rampage recovery front bumper w/ stinger
-smittybilt xrc8 winch
-rampage lights on bottom
-hella lights on top

before
http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/a...p/DSC01610.jpg
after
http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/a...exTwo/jeep.jpg

sorry second one is bad quality battery on camera was dead had to use the phone.

distortedtj 04-19-2010 09:57 PM

Congrats bud.

jdhallissey 04-19-2010 10:04 PM

ehh there is a jeep there? I only see a mustang :D

cavediverjc 04-19-2010 10:12 PM

Nice '65. And nice looking Jeep too!!

Looks like it's Night Mist Blue. I showed a '66 Night Mist Blue Mustang for a number of years. My dad showed a '70 Mach 1 for about 10 years before selling it. I'm a classic Mustang fan. :D

Mr One Two 04-19-2010 10:33 PM

it is actually black and she has seen her better days looks wise but whats under the hood is what makes me keep her. I am an old school mustang guy not too fond of the new stuff. but ya the jeep is there too.

cavediverjc 04-19-2010 10:37 PM

Does she have the 289 K-code?

Levinoss 04-19-2010 10:40 PM

That is a SHWEEEET front bumper. I'm glad I'm not the only one who looked at the mustang! I'd kill to have a classic pony.

holes 04-19-2010 10:41 PM

I like the stang :D

Mr One Two 04-19-2010 11:10 PM

she has a 289 bored out to about a 308 with all new pistons, new cam, roller rockers, hooker headers, and plenty more to go around. she runs like a champ and proud to say has put many ricers to shame.

RatherBNarizona 04-19-2010 11:19 PM

love the Stang, and sweet bumper! Looks good!

HyperBuzzin 04-19-2010 11:35 PM

Nice 'Stang, now back to the Jeep...
Nice job....but.... the scoop on the cowl is mounted backwards.

Levinoss 04-19-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperBuzzin (Post 602867)
. the scoop on the cowl is mounted backwards.

Either way works just fine

csamn2007 04-20-2010 12:59 AM

Looks good.

JDsDream 04-20-2010 05:39 AM

Now that she's all dressed up, you're gonna have to take her out. Looks great.

GroundHawg 04-20-2010 05:43 AM

very cool bumper man. looking good

KBR97 04-20-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperBuzzin (Post 602867)
Nice 'Stang, now back to the Jeep...
Nice job....but.... the scoop on the cowl is mounted backwards.

Those scoops/cowls are supposed to be mounted that way...opening facing out.

Either way nice bumper setup..nice jeepa all around.

Solo. 04-20-2010 08:27 AM

beautiful ride.

meyers 04-20-2010 09:55 AM

Did you notice any suspension drop in the front end from putting the extra weight on the Jeep? Bumper looks Great. BTW what tires are you running?

Six Gun Matt 04-20-2010 10:09 AM

Great bumper, very classy.

clear lake jeepn 04-20-2010 10:14 AM

Looks really good..nice build. I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for the Metalcloak bumper that I put together. It is supposed to be shipping soon!!

HyperBuzzin 04-20-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBR97 (Post 602949)
Those scoops/cowls are supposed to be mounted that way...opening facing out.


OK, so you must have noticed that when ya use your windshield washer, it blows all over the hood, right?
That's because more of the air flow is going from the windshield, over the hood, to the front of the Jeep.
Common sense would tell ya that.

With the scoop opening facing forward, you are pulling more air out from where it should have more air drawn in.
It would need to be mounted up higher to be effective in the forward facing position.

cavediverjc 04-20-2010 12:20 PM

^^^^^^True story^^^^^^

McGridDLe 04-20-2010 01:10 PM

looks great man

cstegner 04-20-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clear lake jeepn (Post 603049)
Looks really good..nice build. I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for the Metalcloak bumper that I put together. It is supposed to be shipping soon!!

You and me both! I got the Rubicon Build except a light bar in place of the winch guard. Suppose to ship in a week :D

holes 04-20-2010 03:08 PM

My dad has a 67 fastback gt with the 428. only driven her once, with that being said. Its his baby

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr One Two (Post 602850)
she has a 289 bored out to about a 308 with all new pistons, new cam, roller rockers, hooker headers, and plenty more to go around. she runs like a champ and proud to say has put many ricers to shame.


ryt2112 04-20-2010 03:48 PM

That's a sharp looking setup!
Very nice.

KBR97 04-20-2010 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperBuzzin (Post 603065)
OK, so you must have noticed that when ya use your windshield washer, it blows all over the hood, right?
That's because more of the air flow is going from the windshield, over the hood, to the front of the Jeep.
Common sense would tell ya that.

With the scoop opening facing forward, you are pulling more air out from where it should have more air drawn in.
It would need to be mounted up higher to be effective in the forward facing position.

I dont have one...Nor did I design it. I'm just telling you the way it supposed to be mounted.

Sweat it 04-20-2010 09:06 PM

Looks good!!!

HyperBuzzin 04-21-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBR97 (Post 603686)
I dont have one...Nor did I design it. I'm just telling you the way it supposed to be mounted.

And you're still telling me the wrong way it's supposed to be mounted.
Just because some seller of these has a picture with one mounted the wrong way doesn't mean it's supposed to be mounted that way!

Doesn't my explanation of why it's supposed to have the opening facing rearward make any sense to you???

KBR97 04-21-2010 05:15 AM

Absolutely does make sense.... Im not saying the design works or not. Just saying Mr One Two isnt wrong for mounting it how he did because thats the way the manufacturer designed it to be mounted. That exact product and many others like it...and there is also a handful that also mount the opposite way or "correct way"..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.