Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Riddler diff cover (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/riddler-diff-cover-49376.html)

adkjoe 04-22-2010 02:23 PM

Riddler diff cover

Just ordered :)

I destroyed my stock cover, sheared off one of the bolts and peeled back the lip of the cover.

Anyone have any trouble with it rubbing the track bar or anything? It looks like it sticks out farther than the stock D30 cover. I'm hoping it fits without a problem.

Jp90Talon 04-22-2010 02:53 PM

Wish I had known you wanted one. I have a brand new riddler d30 cover sitting in a box that I can no longer use! You will be happt with it though....they are beasts!

emills 04-22-2010 02:56 PM

Just got a pair of those ready to go on soon too. I did not see anything regarding clearance issues with that one. But since it is still in the box - can't tell you for sure.

Eric

adkjoe 04-22-2010 03:09 PM

Either way it should fit, I was just looking at a picture and it looks much fatter than the stock, shouldn't be an issue was just curious. If there is anything I have learned about working on vehicles it's nothing is as easy as it sounds, looks or should be :)

mrcarcrazy 04-22-2010 03:19 PM

Just remember, just because the fill hole is higher doesn't mean you need to put more fluid in :redface:

I love mine, no rubbing. and I have HD tierod.

Oh and Paint it BEFORE you put it on. I honestly thought it had a coat of paint on it. but now its rust brown....so that answered that question.

TheTJRod 04-22-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jp90Talon (Post 605467)
Wish I had known you wanted one. I have a brand new riddler d30 cover sitting in a box that I can no longer use! You will be happt with it though....they are beasts!

You willing to sell it to me? I will happily take it off your hands. I was about to order one.

Schmo 04-22-2010 04:32 PM

The trackbar making contact with the front diff cover is pretty common from what I've heard . . . just depends on the set up and how it's adjusted. How much room do you have now . . . if plenty, you should be fine, but if it's tight you may have some clearance issues or need to do some readjusting. I have a Riddler cover in the rear . . . it's awesome . . . pure beef and nice smooth edges that won't catch on rocks. X2 on what mrcarcrazy said...paint it first...I'd also recommend buying a lube locker gasket to avoid the hassle and mess dealing with RTV.

adkjoe 04-22-2010 04:48 PM

I already have lube lockers front and back, makes life much easier. Been using them for a while. I plan on painting it when I get it, not sure what color yet but thats the fun part :)

jacob7956 04-22-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jp90Talon (Post 605467)

How much?

Jp90Talon 04-22-2010 09:23 PM

Hey guys when I get the time I will post up a huge FS thread in the Classified section...Right now I dont have time to even think about shipping anything so I dont want to post anything FS just yet.