Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/)
-   -   92 yj stock front leaf shim? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/92-yj-stock-front-leaf-shim-496449.html)

DvsYJ 01-22-2014 08:06 PM

92 yj stock front leaf shim?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi! just need to know if and where I can find this? Is this replaceable or do I need a whole new leaf pack? If anyone knows what that part is actually called that would help..Will it be bad to drive around like this til I get it repaired? Or if anyone has some stock leafs for sale let me know..I plan on getting a lift eventually but thats not going to be too soon, kinda broke at the moment..thanks in advance!
Attachment 693161

0III0forlife 01-22-2014 08:22 PM

The part that is missing isn't a shim, its called a dampener. It just keeps the leafs from squeaking together when they flex.

Either that spring isn't stock, or its bent...stock springs are flat or really close to it. So, if its a stock spring, its bent. Might just be a bad camera angle.

Your signature says 1" body lift and a 1" motor mount lift, why would you need a motor mount lift without a lift kit? You only need a MML if you have a suspension lift higher than a 2.5" lift. Just curious.

0III0forlife 01-22-2014 08:25 PM

Put a piece of bicycle inner tube in the space where the dampener goes, wrap a heavy duty hose clamp around both leafs and crank it tight. That will do ya til you can get a new lift installed

DvsYJ 01-22-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0III0forlife (Post 7646001)
The part that is missing isn't a shim, its called a dampener. It just keeps the leafs from squeaking together when they flex.

Either that spring isn't stock, or its bent...stock springs are flat or really close to it. So, if its a stock spring, its bent. Might just be a bad camera angle.

Your signature says 1" body lift and a 1" motor mount lift, why would you need a motor mount lift without a lift kit? You only need a MML if you have a suspension lift higher than a 2.5" lift. Just curious.

Ok thanks a ton.. i put the mml in at the same time as the body lift so I would not have to mess with the fan shroud thing, it was cheap and was something i was gonna do anyway, plus needed to put new motor mounts and a cradle in, so while i was there type of thing ..and where i go out an inch up on my oil pan is nice :-) oh and my front end is lifted on a jack at the moment and the angle..thats how i noticed my leafs wernt connected..but thanks again

DvsYJ 01-22-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0III0forlife (Post 7646057)
Put a piece of bicycle inner tube in the space where the dampener goes, wrap a heavy duty hose clamp around both leafs and crank it tight. That will do ya til you can get a new lift installed

cool, quick easy fix til I get the lift funds...Perfect..Thanks a ton

Nubby55 01-23-2014 12:40 AM

You are wright, if you put 1" body lift you need 1" mml. You can put all the lift you want on the springs and not need a mml.