Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   Busted gears.... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/busted-gears-4966.html)

Mike001 01-03-2007 05:40 PM

Busted gears....

Well I still haven't download the pictures but they are comming and they are good. Anyway I think the spider gears in my Jeep are busted and another u-joint is busted this one is a gold label, I don't know why the keep breaking. This sucks and now after the dealership said it was all good to lift as long as it is done right tried to say the gears are broke becasue of the lift. I said thats incorrect the lift can't break the gears so he replies with your pinion angle is wrong I said bullshit and even if it was I'd have driveline vibrations and binding and that the t-case or tranny would go first. So I called Matt the guy that did the work and he came over to the dealership to look his work over all is good. The tech up there got mad after he went on to tell them all the specifics and they looked dumbfounded. So I brought up the magnusson-moss warranty act and they said that they would take pictures and send it to chrysler and they should take care of it. If then its outta commission for a couple of months until I get money for gears and lockers.

mrbigjeep 01-04-2007 12:28 AM

pull the cover and see if the spiders are busted...

Mike001 01-04-2007 09:43 AM

I haven't done anything cause its under warranty and the dealership is supposed to take care of it. If they don't then its goin to the offroad shop and getting some aftermarket parts.

mrbigjeep 01-04-2007 04:41 PM

gotcha.

amy 01-04-2007 05:19 PM

That sucks, Mike. Good luck getting it all sorted out and fixed.

Triple88a 01-28-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike001 (Post 42794)
I haven't done anything cause its under warranty and the dealership is supposed to take care of it. If they don't then its goin to the offroad shop and getting some aftermarket parts.

Its under contract isnt it? warranty is a warranty after all.. You sign and they sign deal is simple. They cant say yes let me get your money and here we go you got warranty on this and then say oh but we wont fix it.

Dare2BSquare 01-28-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple88a (Post 49960)
Its under contract isnt it? warranty is a warranty after all.. You sign and they sign deal is simple. They cant say yes let me get your money and here we go you got warranty on this and then say oh but we wont fix it.

Oh, but you better read the fine print... so many exclusions and loopholes. It's almost like dealing with the government... well, probably not THAT bad, but close!!!

affende 01-29-2007 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple88a (Post 49960)

most companies leave the condition of the warranty to thier discretion ... they even say so in the warranty. Its a way to cover their buns and save some money on parts gone ary...

Mike001 01-29-2007 08:50 AM

Yeah I got tired of waiting and took it to the shop and had it fixed the dealership here is slow as hell.

mud707 01-29-2007 09:18 AM

I'd send the dealer a bill for the repairs:D