Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Making my 97 Sahara a small pickup (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/making-my-97-sahara-a-small-pickup-49884.html)

Big Daddy Rabbit 04-29-2010 01:46 PM

Making my 97 Sahara a small pickup

Can anyone give me some direction on how to convert the backseat area of my jeep into a short short bed truck setup? . Does anyone sell some sort of patition that would seperate the back area from the front seats?

schnutzy 04-29-2010 01:50 PM

GR8TOPS Half Hardtops for Jeeps

might want to ask a mod to move this to the TJ section, you will get a better response there

and seeing as how this is ur first post. welcome to the forum

Bignuke 04-29-2010 02:03 PM

Brute conversions... but they are worth a new Jeep..

cavediverjc 04-29-2010 04:54 PM

I've always thought a guy could find a ragged out '97 TJ for CHEAP and do a complete AEV Brute conversion to it, add a couple of bulletproof diffs hanging from a long arm lift, HEMI the sucker and have basically a brand new ride for less than the cost of a brand new ride. I love those Brutes. :D

schnutzy 04-29-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 612177)
I've always thought a guy could find a ragged out '97 TJ for CHEAP and do a complete AEV Brute conversion to it, add a couple of bulletproof diffs hanging from a long arm lift, HEMI the sucker and have basically a brand new ride for less than the cost of a brand new ride. I love those Brutes. :D

if you wana get creative, you can make your own brute kit for the price of just the bed assembly

Bignuke 04-29-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 612177)

Saw on Outdoor Channel one time this guy had a blue brute with a HEMI. It was sexaay

Big Daddy Rabbit 04-30-2010 11:48 AM

I dont think I explained myself correctly. I dont want to add a truck bed to my jeep. I only want to remove the seat and patition off the few feet behind the front seats so I can keep the front seats enclosed. (back would be exposed to the elements)
Thanks

ryt2112 04-30-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Rabbit (Post 612771)
I dont think I explained myself correctly. I dont want to add a truck bed to my jeep. I only want to remove the seat and patition off the few feet behind the front seats so I can keep the front seats enclosed. (back would be exposed to the elements)
Thanks

Check Schnutzy's answer (The first reply to this thread). It has a link to the half hard top that would do exactly what you are asking about.

schnutzy 04-30-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Rabbit (Post 612771)
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryt2112 (Post 612783)
Check Schnutzy's answer (The first reply to this thread). It has a link to the half hard top that would do exactly what you are asking about.

you an also buy just the partition they make if you dont want the hard top.

Kate 04-30-2010 01:09 PM

There is a soft top that does something similar to this too.
Bestops Half Top
Halftop™ - Tops and Accessories for Jeep & GM, Ford, Dodge Trucks by Bestop

619random 04-30-2010 03:14 PM

I saw one of those half hard tops go on ebay for around $100 at one point. I really wanted to buy it but it was half way across the country and was pick up only :(. I think with those half hard tops you have to modify your roll bars, just putting that out there.