Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Superchips 2010 installed!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/superchips-2010-installed-50277.html)

blaster199 05-05-2010 01:59 PM

Superchips 2010 installed!!

Ok so just for those concerned...I am in NO way affiliated with superchips in any way shape or form...i was actually a Hypertech guy before a few days ago ;)

For those with 2010s or just on the fence about getting a programmer etc etc

I can honestly say that this is by far the best upgrade you can make for your JK as far as power goes. You cannot beat it!

CAI = almost as much $$ as a tuner but no real power (you may think you got more power but chances are its prolly all in your head ;)

Exhaust = we know this is 99% for sound!

Tuner = my jeep is a different animal after install. Everything is so much more responsive. I never have to floor it anymore for passing power on the highway when you are dealing with idiots. Fuel economy seems to be better as well (ill get back to you guys on a precise number soon). I have not tried any of the other tunes yet only the 87 octane tune and I can sincerely tell you that it is 150% more fun to drive. I love my jeep either way but before it was a dog and couldnt fight its way out of a wet paper bag. Now it definitely can!

The shift firmness is also night and day. Typical stock automatics have a nice pause between shifts when WOT but not anymore. The firmness was increased to a point where it feels like a mild shift kit.

Save your $$ and get one asap if you are not especially excited about your jeeps' lack of pep. This definitely did the trick for me! :firedevil:

Rolling Thunder 05-05-2010 05:34 PM

I would be interested if MPG increased as well ????

1badfish 05-05-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaster199 (Post 616999)
Ok so just for those concerned...I am in NO way affiliated with superchips in any way shape or form...i was actually a Hypertech guy before a few days ago ;)

I can honestly say that this is by far the best upgrade you can make for your JK as far as power goes. You cannot beat it!

CAI = almost as much $$ as a tuner but no real power (you may think you got more power but chances are its prolly all in your head ;)

Tuner = my jeep is a different animal after install. Everything is so much more responsive. I never have to floor it anymore for passing power on the highway when you are dealing with idiots. Fuel economy seems to be better as well (ill get back to you guys on a precise number soon). I have not tried any of the other tunes yet only the 87 octane tune and I can sincerely tell you that it is 150% more fun to drive. I love my jeep either way but before it was a dog and couldnt fight its way out of a wet paper bag. Now it definitely can!

The shift firmness is also night and day. Typical stock automatics have a nice pause between shifts when WOT but not anymore. The firmness was increased to a point where it feels like a mild shift kit.

Save your $$ and get one asap if you are not especially excited about your jeeps' lack of pep. This definitely did the trick for me! :firedevil:

Man, that's good to know! I'm considering a 2010 Rubi unlimited and my only concern is the new engine. I love the look of the new JK. So, you say its a noticable diff? I'd love to see the numbers.

blaster199 05-05-2010 07:23 PM

When and if you get your Rubi you have to expect it to be pretty slow. I mean I've never owned any vehicle with any less than 8 cylinders except a beemer & a 350z so I can honestly say that while it was expected it was pretty friggin sluggish. Im not saying that now its comparable to any sports car but it is a huge improvement especially considering im still able to put in 87octane fuel. Im sure the 93 octane tune is even better but I dont want to pay for 93 as every vehicle ive owned required it!

Its not really the HP gains that make the difference. Its the responsiveness. Before I would have to push the pedal about 3/4 of the way down for it to go anywhere. Any pedal depression short of 3/4 of the way down was useless because the engine was attempting to accelerate while staying in 4th gear. Now if I push the pedal down 1/4 of the way its comparable to how 3/4 felt (a bit better). But as soon as I push the pedal down a little more than 1/4 it downshifts and gives me the power and acceleration that I wanted. When it was stock I would pretty much have to floor it for it to accelerate to what i needed. And personally I dont enjoy flooring it every 2 minutes just to get away from such retarded driver.

As far as fuel econ it is DEFINITELY improved. Its hard to guage right now b/c Ive been hauling ass around town but as soon as I start driving her normal again I will see what numbers we are working with.

Oh and btw I find myself speeding a lot more often now so if you guys get one just be careful b/c before you know it your speedo will be higher than you expected ;)

GEM1N1 05-05-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaster199 (Post 616999)

x2. I was never a believer until I tried one myself!

J.B. 05-05-2010 09:51 PM

Ya got a Link/Price/Easy Install?

blaster199 05-05-2010 10:03 PM

https://www.superchips.com/#pn=onlin...productdetails

that should be it...there really is NO install whatsoever you just plug it into the port under the steering column and follow the on-screen instructions. About as easy as peeling a banana haha

Price was $340 after a $50 discount Ill post the promo code in a minute I cant remember what it is.

blaster199 05-05-2010 10:06 PM

The promo code for the $50 off is jjusa

J.B. 05-05-2010 10:21 PM

So you are talkin about the Jeep Flashpaq then?

blaster199 05-05-2010 10:22 PM

Yup

J.B. 05-05-2010 10:33 PM

OK...Thanks for the info buddy! Oh yeah...Can I just borrow yours? :D

Bryans2000TJ 05-05-2010 10:34 PM

$339 with free shipping at autoanything.com. Ordering mine this weekend.

blaster199 05-05-2010 10:46 PM

ya i paid 341 shipped!

J.B. 05-05-2010 11:16 PM

I've done alot of business with Autoanything. Will have to check em out. Thanx All!

1badfish 05-06-2010 06:14 AM

Anyone try on a manual Transmission?? If it mearly changes shift points, the manual may not be effected as much??????

chalex807 05-06-2010 06:46 AM

Anyone know if this affects the warranty?

Slide Ways 05-06-2010 07:47 AM

308.99 at northridge4x4 with free shipping. Got mine on last week and love it. Going to try the 91 proformance this weekend.

mountainsoul 05-06-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalex807 (Post 617506)
Anyone know if this affects the warranty?

x2

Bear with me guys because I'm new to al this Jeep stuff but is this basically like an ECU flash...like APR/GIAC/Revo for VAG? Does it void the manufacturers warranty? Is it detectable? Can you switch back to stock via the ECU?

I don't really need any more power but the better throttle response sounds real nice.

guygettnby 05-06-2010 08:32 AM

post up about the gas milleage for sure. i would love to know about it. i am happy it made a difference in the way it drives and gives a bit more power too.

phottomatt 05-06-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1badfish (Post 617498)
Anyone try on a manual Transmission?? If it mearly changes shift points, the manual may not be effected as much??????

I've got the manual trany also and was looking at this after I replace that gynormous silver can under my rear bumper.:eek:

Slide Ways 05-06-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guygettnby (Post 617566)
post up about the gas milleage for sure. i would love to know about it. i am happy it made a difference in the way it drives and gives a bit more power too.

On city driving I'm getting around +2mpg havent had it on the highway yet. This is on the 87 octane tune as well. Havent got to test is out anymore than that.

hillmonkey 05-06-2010 02:03 PM

Sounds great! But I need to know about the manual transmission as well.

J.B. 05-06-2010 06:05 PM

Just my thoughts! Talked to my dealer today about the Flashpaq. He thought the manufacturer might have some "real concerns" about reflashing the factory settings and warranty issues. You just might check into it for sure. I've been averaging 22.6 MPG, 55-60 MPH on our roads around here. Thats in 5th at around 2 on the tac. I'm happy with that! Good luck guys! :)

blaster199 05-06-2010 07:12 PM

The programmer can revert back to stock settings so when you bring it in that's a must. If you bring it in for anything other than something electrical I would imagine they would never know. If you bring it in for some kind of electronic or diagnostic reason then they may be able to see if it's ever been reflashed. It's worth taking the risk IMO

oklabowhunter 05-06-2010 07:43 PM

I can say I just ran my first tank of 91 octane on y 2010 unlimited with an automatic. As previously stated, performance is entirely different. Much more than I imagined. Also, with 70% surface streets with all the stop go, balance on the highway at 70 to 75 mph in OD, I average 17.46 mpg. Now this is actual mileage, and not of the JK trip computer. The only other mod I have is an AFE CAI that was on first, and it showed some improvement, but not anywhere near what the SuperChip has done. I am thoroughly impressed.

Slide Ways 05-07-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oklabowhunter (Post 618111)
I can say I just ran my first tank of 91 octane on y 2010 unlimited with an automatic. As previously stated, performance is entirely different. Much more than I imagined. Also, with 70% surface streets with all the stop go, balance on the highway at 70 to 75 mph in OD, I average 17.46 mpg. Now this is actual mileage, and not of the JK trip computer. The only other mod I have is an AFE CAI that was on first, and it showed some improvement, but not anywhere near what the SuperChip has done. I am thoroughly impressed.

Did you run the 91 proformance tune? Could you tell a difference between the 87 tune and 91?

J.B. 05-07-2010 09:04 AM

Just a little "cautionary note":

Quote:

For most Chrysler products, the warranty supplied with 2010 vehicles says that "any changes made to your vehicle that don't comply with Chrysler" can become a warranty issue.

Nick Cappa, head of engineering and technology public relations at Chrysler, said the policy is clear: "Aftermarket engine calibration modifications of any type may result in nullification of the vehicle's original warranty."
Also, when coverting back to "stock settings", the key counter (number of times you start your vehicle) reverts back to 0. Might raise a red flag when checking diagnostics.

I am in NO way against this product, I'm sure for some of you the benefits outweigh the "posible" warranty issues. Good Luck! :wavey:

chelsea3311 05-11-2010 07:28 PM

So has anyone actually got a dealer to answer the question whether the Superchip would void the warranty?

Fred1 05-11-2010 08:15 PM

We are on our 3rd tank of 91. (didn't even try the 87 setting) It's a new Jeep! Passing on a grade is breeze without having to hit the red red line. +2 MPG. Throttle lag is gone. Shift points are perfect. Great on the rocky desert trails too. The Jeep seems to run better overall. It should have come this way from the factory. It doesn't seem to be pushing the engine or the transmissions limits (like my Ford diesels chip did) so I'm not worried about warranty issues. Time will tell.

zabooda 05-11-2010 09:00 PM

I got mine last week. I paid $285 at Truckcustomizers with a discount code.