Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   What do you think... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/what-do-you-think-50308.html)

CMEvans79 05-06-2010 03:56 AM

What do you think...
 
I purchased my wrangler with a hard top and the soft top... I have to talk to my wife, but I have been wondering more and more about selling my hard top ... there were a couple of days when the hard top was on that I wanted to take it off, but needed two people to take off and put back on. I think it LOOKS nice with the hard top on, but it's alot more awesome with the soft top on... I dont know, its confusing...:confused:

JDsDream 05-06-2010 05:13 AM

Same here. My hard top has been sitting in my garage since the day I put the soft top on 3 years ago. I keep thinking that I will sell it and then I think about the resale value with it. I am 99.9% sure that I will never resale it though as I have had my BMW since new in 83. The only reason I now justify keeping it is in case something should happen to my soft top I would have an alternative until I could afford to replace it.

Ageless Stranger 05-06-2010 05:54 AM

I want the Jeep I buy to have a hard top. I'm worried about durability and road noise. Plus, I think the hardtop looks awesome! The cons are that you have to have a lift or two people to take it off, and you can't take it with you like a soft top. It's still worth it to me.

InfernoGirl 05-06-2010 07:13 AM

Ya can't miss what you never had.... I've never had one, soooooo..... Soft top is fine year round. It's a Jeep after all :)

KawiTJ 05-06-2010 07:20 AM

I sold my hardtop... like you said, a hard tops a pain if you don't have two people. they should make a hard top with removable windows!

nick50471 05-06-2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KawiTJ (Post 617522)
I sold my hardtop... like you said, a hard tops a pain if you don't have two people. they should make a hard top with removable windows!

Great idea.

alsyj 05-06-2010 07:37 AM

One of the things I like about my jeep is the soft top(just wish it was easier,lol) so I would have no use for a hard top, on the other hand my brother is looking to buy a used one if he can find one for his jeep and would probably never take it off once its on. He's down in s Texas and claims its to hot what a wuss. lol

jgano23 05-06-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMEvans79 (Post 617484)
I purchased my wrangler with a hard top and the soft top... I have to talk to my wife, but I have been wondering more and more about selling my hard top ... there were a couple of days when the hard top was on that I wanted to take it off, but needed two people to take off and put back on. I think it LOOKS nice with the hard top on, but it's alot more awesome with the soft top on... I dont know, its confusing...:confused:

i don't like hard tops for that exact reason. when i got my tj i was dead set against a hard top because i would NEVER use it, so i made sure to get one with a soft top. when i got my cj it had a hard top, but i sold it right away and put the soft top on there and never looked back.

CMEvans79 05-06-2010 09:21 AM

How much do used, in good condition with defrost and wiper usually sell for? ... A price point might make it worth it to the wife... of course, the money would go right back into the Jeep :D

AfterMath 05-06-2010 09:29 AM

I am actually switching from a soft to a hard top. Bad luck with thefts and cold harsh winters in WNY have made the decision easy for me.

If I lived somewhere that I could take the top down and leave it down, it would be different. However, I normally only have the top down maayyyyybe 5-10 times from may - september.

G-Pur 05-06-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmevans79 (Post 617614)
how much do used, in good condition with defrost and wiper usually sell for? ... A price point might make it worth it to the wife... Of course, the money would go right back into the jeep :d

$850

G-Pur 05-06-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmevans79 (Post 617614)
how much do used, in good condition with defrost and wiper usually sell for? ... A price point might make it worth it to the wife... Of course, the money would go right back into the jeep :d

In Boston, anyway...

1991 Wrangler YJ Renegade 05-06-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 617518)
Ya can't miss what you never had.... I've never had one, soooooo..... Soft top is fine year round. It's a Jeep after all :)

i agree a thousand percent! Heck, I hardly have the top on, unless it's about to rain bad or something, then I run for the soft top and get that baby up on there! I like the convienience of the soft top, easy to store, easy to put up and down. There's no use for a hard top, it's just a headache, and i like the look of the soft top much better... makes it more rugged!

CMEvans79 05-06-2010 02:20 PM

Thanks guys ... I told my wife I could get about $500 for it and she said NO! Its warmer in the winter! LOL What does she know!?! She barely rode in it... Oh well, got the shoot down from the boss... maybe if I tell her $850, but since she or the "house" would not be getting any of that money she is not likely to budge, and were a team so... Thanks guys and galls.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.