||01-05-2007 11:48 AM
Weird electrical issue
For the last couple of months I have been noticing my battery (an Optima yellow top) has been slowly losing power. I just thought it was because I hadn't been driving the Jeep that often. The other day I got into it and noticed the interior lights weren't working. They would work off of the light switch, but not the door switch. I checked the fuse, no problems. When I re-inserted the fuse, it arched but it didn't blow. I replaced the fuse, and now the battery is back to normal.
Can someone explain how that fuse and circuit, that is suppose to be on only when the doors are open, could have been draining the battery's power??