Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   What the eff!? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/what-the-eff-50974.html)

UpChuck 05-17-2010 01:14 AM

What the eff!?

So I was Googling around the interweb today, and came across this monstrosity....
The "SJ" (Street Jeep): Lenny_2's 2000 Jeep Chopped and Lowered SJ 2000 Jeep TJ - Las Vegas, NV
Tried to attach a pic, but apparently they're too large, or I'm too stupid.

Vaultzz 05-17-2010 01:32 AM

I wanna drive over it! Can I drive over it?? PWEESE????

Vaultzz 05-17-2010 01:35 AM

OMG I just read one of the replys:

"way to be different damn thats sick 5 stars it looks better than alot of these lifted jeeps that you see EVERYWHERE!" - GMCJimmyMan

I suggest we find him and 'persuade' him :firedevil:

Wesboy 05-17-2010 03:29 AM

OK, it's not for me but I like it. Would possibly work better with a hardtop.
A chopped and channelled TJ or YJ would make for a great ratrod as well.

GroundHawg 05-17-2010 04:47 AM

I'd monster truck it with my jeep and put it out of it's misery.

kpool 05-17-2010 06:20 AM

true meaning of the word ...SICK....I'm gonna throw up

pakman55 05-17-2010 06:34 AM

again this is just a guy who cant afford a hummer. Forget running it over, can I use it for target practice? (for my Mrk 19) :D

4Jeepn 05-17-2010 06:41 AM

looks photo chopped...

G-Pur 05-17-2010 07:05 AM

I'm pretty sure it isn't photoshopped. There are too many pictures, and they're all consistent.

It's kind of funny, but I was thinking the other day that the cage in my Jeep was really tall, and wondered what it would look like chopped. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

I'll keep mine tall, plus won't have to worry about getting a custom soft top & windows.

Vanimal00000 05-17-2010 07:14 AM

I like how everyone thinks its the best looking Jeep ever. Apparently they are half blind or need to pull one of these to see it....:eek:

s3nt3nc3d 05-17-2010 07:29 AM

Apparently people think we only lift Jeeps because we think it's "cool"...if they only knew what Jeeps were intended to be used for...

burton160w 05-17-2010 07:34 AM

Eh, I know I'm going to be in the minority here at WF but I like it. It's not my style, but I've definitely thought that when I get a better job and some more money that I'll have two Jeeps, one for the road and one for the trails. It is somewhat of an homage to the chop-rod scene. It's not simply some bagged s-10 or civic. It's different and it looks like the owner did put a lot of thought into it. Granted, no it's not my cup and it wouldn't be my first choice of modifications, but it looks like a lot of time and effort was put into it, and I think a lot of the lines were done correctly. Plus, it's all opinions and relativity. It's your car and the most important thing is - do you like it? Who cares what everyone else says.

nater344 05-17-2010 07:42 AM

I'm with burton...not my style, but interesting idea and to each his/her own. In my book being creative and different than others is a good thing.

jgano23 05-17-2010 07:46 AM

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...005_medium.jpg

eew!

drivebytruckerz 05-17-2010 08:20 AM

The one guy with the profile pic of his lifted Wrangler flexing posted: "wow! nice jeep, have you sold your soft top yet? let me know!"

Either he's playing along to get all the take off parts real cheap (we can only hope), or he needs to have his Jeep card pulled...

SurfKaster 05-17-2010 08:22 AM

It's different, but I think it might look cooler with blacked out accessories instead of all that chrome.

mrcarcrazy 05-17-2010 08:33 AM

I'd like to set it on fire. so I posted "waste of a perfectly good Jeep."

I think its awful.

Hardermods 05-17-2010 08:51 AM

I think some of it maybe photoshopped, the fender flares and "shaved" hood.

Look at the pic of it next to the lifted one and the flares are black, also the painted flares seem way to "flat" if that makes sense, youd have different shades from top to side to lower half but its all the same.

Look at the side shot along the line from the hood to the house its way to uneven, ie poor job at selecting it.

Then the bright bright flash spot on the side pipes is over kill, makes me think they couldnt match up were it would be connected to the Jeep so they starbursted the heck out of it.

sevenservices 05-17-2010 08:52 AM

its just weird... like making a screwdriver out of wood and expecting it to turn metal screws, just not right...

I'd love to buy it, and restore it back to its badass self. The chopped windshield is cool, and the side pipes, but why a jeep? I'll bet some spoiled kid got the jeep for free and him and his buddies are "pimping" it.

Here is the ultamite question, would you still wave? ;)

YAHAHA 05-17-2010 09:01 AM

I like it. That's almost how I imagine our Jeep once it's finished. Of course we'll be running 13"x40s all the way around & have the chrome chain steering wheel. AND those sweet RENEGADE fender flares!

Vector6 05-17-2010 09:05 AM

id daily drive it...

BeepBeepImaJeep 05-17-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardermods (Post 626358)
I think some of it maybe photoshopped, the fender flares and "shaved" hood.

Look at the pic of it next to the lifted one and the flares are black, also the painted flares seem way to "flat" if that makes sense, youd have different shades from top to side to lower half but its all the same.

Look at the side shot along the line from the hood to the house its way to uneven, ie poor job at selecting it.

Then the bright bright flash spot on the side pipes is over kill, makes me think they couldnt match up were it would be connected to the Jeep so they starbursted the heck out of it.

Im with hardermods on this one, look at the side view, it may be chopped for real, but he used PS to make it look cooler, that sunburst is so fake lol and the hood is terrible.

Geoff@Bestop 05-17-2010 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had one of these years ago, and still think they look awesome. I think this TJ is trying for the same look.
Attachment 19160

mrcarcrazy 05-17-2010 11:00 AM

TJ is nowhere near as cool as that. Knew a guy that restored Old Jeeps. But he died. He had some cool ones.

I think you guys are correct. I'm no photoshopper, but there's a lot of things that just look wrong...shading, etc.

Hexxum 05-17-2010 11:07 AM

It looks like a micro-machine. If you wanted to get a car lower to the ground, why would you choose something that gets 15 mpg with no acceleration. I would be looking towards a sports car at that point.

toshpate 05-17-2010 11:42 AM

if you look at the first pic with the regular jeep you will see the fenders are gray so yeah he photo shopped it a bit

pokey 05-17-2010 12:56 PM

I wonder if he parks it next to his lifted Corvette on 33's. It needs to be rolled.

pokey 05-17-2010 02:12 PM

or as my 12 year old daughter would say..."that's just wrong !!"

Flameeater 05-18-2010 05:43 AM

I will also be with the minority here and say that I like it. Its unique. And it takes a lot of "give a shit" to turn a Jeep into something like that. Someone put a lot of hard work thought and definitely $$$ into doing what made them happy. Would I do that with my Jeep? No. Not for me. But at least someone out there still has enough artistic enthusiasm about their vehicle that do something that isn't already done every day (I.E. your local Honda club, I know you have them, we all do.)

N39-W120 05-18-2010 06:43 AM

hummm... not for me, but why do people make 4X4 Corvettes too?