Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF Site Help & Support (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/)
-   -   Wranglerforum Mobile? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/wranglerforum-mobile-51000.html)

nick50471 05-17-2010 02:35 PM

Wranglerforum Mobile?

Has there been any discussion about having a WF mobile site. As gun monkey I am not sure how the details work with the social network software. I would be intereseted. I make nearly all my posts from my smart phone. Nearly all my web use is now done from my mobile device. The ads really slow down a mobile. I am not complaining by any means just wondering if any thought has been put into it and if other users post on WF from there mobile?:wavey:

Tigerfan 05-17-2010 03:30 PM

I would definitely be in favor of this.

Geoff@Bestop 05-17-2010 03:49 PM

I misread this post title. I was thinking of a WranglerForum Mobile like a "bat mobile."
Which would be totally AWESOME.

But a mobile phone version would be cool too.

Ray - San Jose 05-17-2010 04:03 PM

I could dig a moble version. Android app would be kickin :)

Jp90Talon 05-17-2010 04:27 PM

Site works fine now on my cell.....

joemd60 05-17-2010 04:59 PM

I am all for it to.:)

Six Gun Matt 05-17-2010 05:29 PM

It's got my vote, although it does come through ok on my phone.

1991 Wrangler YJ Renegade 05-17-2010 05:35 PM

here here!

nick50471 05-17-2010 09:13 PM

The only issue I have with my Droid is it that posting pics is difficult. With a mobile site maybe that could be better. Again I own a gun shop I am not a software developer. When I don't understand something I normally shoot it.......twice if I need too.

schnutzy 05-18-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop (Post 626713)
I misread this post title. I was thinking of a WranglerForum Mobile like a "bat mobile."
Which would be totally AWESOME.

i thought the exact same thing.....

toshpate 05-18-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick50471 (Post 627031)
The only issue I have with my Droid is it that posting pics is difficult. With a mobile site maybe that could be better. Again I own a gun shop I am not a software developer. When I don't understand something I normally shoot it.......twice if I need too.

had a guy offer to trade a 9mm for my wrecked CJ..seriousy only if it were a kimber...

Beer30 05-18-2010 04:16 PM

How about a Tapatalk plug-in?

Another forum I belong to just got it, and it's pretty nice. You do have to download a $2.99 app, but in my opinion, it is well worth it. There is a free version but I'm not sure what the difference is.

Everything is very well-presented and it is more user-friendly than a mobile version of a forum. In my experience so far, you don't have to zoom in and out at all, like you would when viewing on Safari on an iPhone. I don't think it takes much work on the forum owner's part, either, although I'm not positive on that.

That being said, I have no trouble at all surfing WF on my iPhone. It just requires a little more zooming in and out.

KBR97 05-19-2010 05:55 PM

Anyone who has a phone that is "app capable" probably has a good internet browser as well. Although a cool idea to have the app it seems kinda pointless.

nick50471 05-19-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBR97 (Post 629000)
Anyone who has a phone that is "app capable" probably has a good internet browser as well. Although a cool idea to have the app it seems kinda pointless.

I guess my point was that most mobile friendly websites are set up to view from a phone. The pages look different and easier to browse. MSN mobile is a good example. Much less pinch zooming. The apps are nice too because they also streamline the website they are designed to run. Ebay app is a good example.

Vanimal00000 05-19-2010 08:33 PM

Uh oh, the moderators have yet to chime in. Either they really hate the idea of creating this or hopefully they are in a web conference as we speak/type! :punk:

KBR97 05-26-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick50471 (Post 629180)
I guess my point was that most mobile friendly websites are set up to view from a phone. The pages look different and easier to browse. MSN mobile is a good example. Much less pinch zooming. The apps are nice too because they also streamline the website they are designed to run. Ebay app is a good example.

Yea who am I kidding. I'm a gadget freak..I would probably download the app either way, lol.

firehawk_1989 05-27-2010 09:39 AM

I definitely would love to have/use WF mobile. A forum I used to use has a mobile version and it makes it MUCH easier to navigate from a phone. Sounds like you all have the iPhone or Android, I'm the odd man out with a Blackberry.

nyvulcanman 05-27-2010 03:12 PM

I have a blackberry and I can use wf just fine and I don't have to zoom in or out on anything

firehawk_1989 05-27-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyvulcanman (Post 636283)
I have a blackberry and I can use wf just fine and I don't have to zoom in or out on anything

What kind of blackberry do you have? On my curve I have to zoom to be able to read anything. Using both the native browser and opera makes no difference.

nyvulcanman 05-27-2010 03:25 PM

i have the curve also do u have the java running

firehawk_1989 05-27-2010 03:32 PM

Hmm, yep, java is enabled. I've played with all the settings and can't seem to get it figured out. No big deal, zooming/scrolling isn't the end of the world.

nyvulcanman 05-27-2010 04:03 PM

no its not is urs the newer curve or the older one

firehawk_1989 05-27-2010 04:07 PM

The newer one, the 8530.

TheTJRod 05-29-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer30 (Post 627793)
How about a Tapatalk plug-in?

Another forum I belong to just got it, and it's pretty nice. You do have to download a $2.99 app, but in my opinion, it is well worth it. There is a free version but I'm not sure what the difference is.

Everything is very well-presented and it is more user-friendly than a mobile version of a forum. In my experience so far, you don't have to zoom in and out at all, like you would when viewing on Safari on an iPhone. I don't think it takes much work on the forum owner's part, either, although I'm not positive on that.

That being said, I have no trouble at all surfing WF on my iPhone. It just requires a little more zooming in and out.

I strongly vote against using tapatalk. The difference between the free one and the $3 one is that you can't post anything on the free one. I refuse to pay for anything that I can do for free already. It isn't difficult to surf the web on an android phone and is easy to post on the forum with it. I have the HTC Incredible and posting works just fine for me. Though it could be my 1ghz processor. Faster that some of you dinosaurs have in your computers!

nick50471 05-29-2010 03:13 PM

I have trouble posting pics with my droid. Is there a trick I am missing? I get them uploaded to photobucket just fine have trouble with copy and paste. I use the photobucket mobile app.

whiteyj 05-29-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanimal00000 (Post 629194)
Uh oh, the moderators have yet to chime in. Either they really hate the idea of creating this or hopefully they are in a web conference as we speak/type! :punk:

We are always watching .....:eek::eek::eek::eek: It just takes a quarum to convene sometimes. Holiday weekend.....Got to give us a break.......They barely pay peanuts around here.....:D

GroundHawg 06-05-2010 09:41 PM

I think it's a good idea. 100% of my forum/interwebz activity is through my iPhone. I'd download that tapatalk thing if WF supported it.

Through Safari I can read this site just fine and post and do pics easily. Some things though like making a Jeep Profile I can't do. The URL I post makes Safari crash everytime. I don't know if tapatalk would help or not, but a mobile WF might.:confused:i don't know

nick50471 06-05-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 638496)
We are always watching .....:eek::eek::eek::eek: It just takes a quarum to convene sometimes. Holiday weekend.....Got to give us a break.......They barely pay peanuts around here.....:D

Is there any merit to something like this or just a pipe dream?

GroundHawg 06-21-2010 10:00 AM

I'm getting a popup now for Forum Runner, but I haven't seen WF in the app. I downloaded the free one to see how it looked.

As of right now WF is missing, but this site just now started the popup.

bobjenkins 06-22-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick50471 (Post 626644)
Has there been any discussion about having a WF mobile site. As gun monkey I am not sure how the details work with the social network software. I would be intereseted. I make nearly all my posts from my smart phone. Nearly all my web use is now done from my mobile device. The ads really slow down a mobile. I am not complaining by any means just wondering if any thought has been put into it and if other users post on WF from there mobile?:wavey:

I just messaged an admin about tapatalk

Tapatalk - iPhone Android Nokia BlackBerry forum app for vBulletin phpBB IPBoard SMF

Its an easy to add addon for forums and if you´ve got an iphone, ipod, android cell phone, etc. you can look at wrangerforum in mobile version. Now we need to show the admins we want it so they´ll install it!