Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Trail Pics (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f24/)
-   -   Moab trip (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f24/moab-trip-51424.html)

jcf 05-23-2010 02:30 PM

Moab trip

Yesterday was not such a good outdoor day being very windy but we went anyway! Here are a few pic's of Kane creek

jcf 05-23-2010 02:34 PM

:wavey: Fantastic wheeling trail I would recommend anyone who has some experience try it. We took the bikes so had a different trail more suited to smaller vehicles. One place I had to use my winch to pull the bike up but the rest was a ton of fun

Ageless Stranger 05-23-2010 02:41 PM

Beaitiful pictures, Julie! :jealous:

Since I ventured west of Missouri about 3 years back, (went to Tucson, AZ for work), I have loved the desert. I hope to go back sometime.

Barrie 05-23-2010 03:14 PM

Looks beautiful JC. Can't wait.:D

jgano23 05-23-2010 06:05 PM

great pics julie. that is truly a beautiful area.

jcf 05-24-2010 12:18 AM

TY everyone, it is a very beautifull area to live & we feel fortunate to be here with such great trails & scenery. I don't know how I got so lucky

Ageless Stranger 05-24-2010 12:57 AM

It's nice to live close to a place to wheel. I just heard our local place was closed down. Must check and see.

RubiJK12 05-24-2010 01:12 AM

Wow! Thanks for the pictures. Your so lucky to be right there.
My little wheelin buddy (shih Tzu) and I make the trip Thanksgiving and the first of April every year and consider that lucky.
Can't even imagine living there and having immediate access to it. Southern AZ is great but still not Moab!
Thanks again!

Geoff@Bestop 05-24-2010 09:59 AM

Julie: we're off to Moab tomorrow! Sorry we aren't going to be able to connect with you on this trip, but your pictures are making me excited to be there!

OSUJEEPER 05-24-2010 10:25 AM

:doh:LOL I saw that bridge, and the tire tracks and I was like "No way in Hell", then I saw the Quads. Lol:doh::doh:

jcf 05-25-2010 03:58 PM

Yes we took the 4 wheeler trial near the end it branches off for a couple of mile & the
4wd trail goes up & across the rocks. It is about 25 mile round trip, it can be accessed from the Highway at "Hole n the rock" or from the other end which is the "Kane Creek rd" off the "Chicken corners " trail, very very fun!

Maddogmick 05-25-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcf (Post 634187)
Yes we took the 4 wheeler trial near the end it branches off for a couple of mile & the
4wd trail goes up & across the rocks. It is about 25 mile round trip, it can be accessed from the Highway at "Hole n the rock" or from the other end which is the "Kane Creek rd" off the "Chicken corners " trail, very very fun!

Hey JCF I went to Moab a while ago did 1k on my quad with 33 friends its awesome out there
took over 1200 pictures.
I stayed at the Buck cassidy Inn.
We are planning a return trip September we also do California (glamis) every year in February and race down across the desert to Mexico.
Its fun, if my YJ is ready I will be taking that to Cali next year!!!

Mick

Maddogmick 05-25-2010 04:42 PM

Here you go just a quick picture it was awesome would love to take the YJ out there (there's an idea!)
The tent on the back is actually a safari jeep roof tent. Poor thing has sat there since we came back!

http://nyatvonline.com/jeep/utah.JPG

jcf 05-26-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddogmick (Post 634200)
Hey JCF I went to Moab a while ago did 1k on my quad with 33 friends its awesome out there
took over 1200 pictures.
I stayed at the Buck cassidy Inn.
We are planning a return trip September we also do California (glamis) every year in February and race down across the desert to Mexico.
Its fun, if my YJ is ready I will be taking that to Cali next year!!!

Mick

Next time you come out let me know & we should get together & do some trails :wavey:
I don't know the Buck Cassidy Inn, must not have seen that one in town

Maddogmick 05-26-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcf (Post 634607)
Next time you come out let me know & we should get together & do some trails :wavey:
I don't know the Buck Cassidy Inn, must not have seen that one in town

Will do

thanks

Mick