Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Does your jeep have a name? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/does-your-jeep-have-a-name-51736.html)

TjTheo 05-27-2010 08:15 PM

Does your jeep have a name?

Im just curious to see if im the only one that named my jeep.
It deffiently adds a different element to owning a car in general just naming it makes everything more personal.

What did you name your jeep? Or why didn't you name your jeep?

Jerry Bransford 05-27-2010 08:29 PM

To me, simply because of the way I think which isn't necessarily right, I believe that Jeeps should earn their own name, not be given one that was made up by the owner because it sounds cool. How does a Jeep earn its name? Hard to say, it just happens when it happens. An incident, friends, a personal or Jeep quirk, etc.

I'm still trying to figure out how my first TJ became known as the Geezer Jeep but it did (I have an idea how ;) :D). After the Geezer Jeep was stolen in March and I finally got a replacement, others started calling it Geezer II so there you go. :)

Ray - San Jose 05-27-2010 08:36 PM

My Jeeps name is "Jeep". It might earn something someday tho.

TjTheo 05-27-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 636526)
To me, simply because of the way I think which isn't necessarily right, I believe that Jeeps should earn their own name, not be given one that was made up by the owner because it sounds cool. How does a Jeep earn its name? Hard to say, it just happens when it happens. An incident, friends, a personal or Jeep quirk, etc.

I'm still trying to figure out how my first TJ became known as the Geezer Jeep but it did (I have an idea how ;) :D). After the Geezer Jeep was stolen in March and I finally got a replacement, others started calling it Geezer II so there you go. :)

Yeah that makes sense i though i was weird naming my jeep, but it definetly adds a different element to owning the vehicle; make you care for it more i guess.
I have reasons for naming my jeep "Rosie", people made fun of the name and they got dangerously close to getting kicked out of the jeep haha. :punk:

Jerry Bransford 05-27-2010 08:56 PM

Watch the old Humphrey Bogart classic (!) film The African Queen. It takes place in pre-WW1 Africa with Katherine Hepburn as his co-star. She plays a great role as a missionary who gets into a leech infested African jungle river adventure with Bogart as they dodge the Germans as WW1 is just starting. He starts calling her Rosie too before long. :p

drivebytruckerz 05-27-2010 08:56 PM

My Jeep's name is "Blue" and someday that will convert to "Old Blue." Clever.. I know.

pakman55 05-27-2010 09:13 PM

i call mine Red Dead Redemption because the first time I rode with the roof and doors off was to get that game....and shes red.

JIMBOX 05-27-2010 09:19 PM

:zap OOOOPS tj FORUM

doclouie 05-27-2010 09:27 PM

Last Jeep was Ferris after my favorite movie and now I am thinking about Abe Froman.

TjTheo 05-27-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doclouie (Post 636559)
Last Jeep was Ferris after my favorite movie and now I am thinking about Abe Froman.

Ferris buellers day off <-- such a good movie
Pretty sure that's what you ment, sorry if not.

phottomatt 05-27-2010 09:40 PM

I wanted to start a thread like this on the JK side but since you did I'll throw in my 2 cents.
I agree with Jerry, I had a name for mine but took it away because it didn't feel right, it needs to be earned. Any way I haven't owned it very long so I don't have a name yet.

TjTheo 05-27-2010 09:45 PM

I named mine "Rosie" because my friend had a dog that passed away recently, that dog had so much personality she was so loyal she would do everything you ask her and allways be by your side she was so willin to do anything to please you even if it was beyond her reach. I sort of feel the same way about my jeep took me about 4 months to name her but i think it works. People allway say that i should've gave her a manly name because she looks tough ( Huge bumper in front and back, 33's, Agrresive borla exhaust and headers) but i think that all vehicles should have female names i dont know why but it just seems right to me (and im not going to argue if you don't agree)
Oh and the name rosie also worked because she's red.

specbill 05-27-2010 10:20 PM

We frequently pull our TJ behind our motorhome...so it kind of tags a-long behind us as we go down the road... so we call it 'TAG' .

MR.CLIFFORD 05-27-2010 10:33 PM

I didn't name my last jeep. But it earned the name Dookey. So this jeep has earned the name Dookey's Revenge.

littledeviltj 05-27-2010 10:37 PM

mine got named frankenstein.

IndyJeepMan 05-27-2010 10:42 PM

Ole' Yeller or "Sexy Vehicle" is what my Girlfriend calls it. For now, until I get one that sticks out of nowhere.

HOUND 05-27-2010 11:10 PM

My TJ is named Hound. That was the name of the original G1 Jeep Autobot, and seeing as how I grew up a child of the 80s, it was really a no brainer :D

nick50471 05-27-2010 11:31 PM

My girls name all of our vehicles. They named my TJ Junior becouse he is much smaller than my truck.

Jiffydarren 05-27-2010 11:43 PM

At the age of 16, when I got my first motor vehicle (my 1988 XJ) I drove my friends around a lot. Being a reckless teenager, a friend of mine told me I drove like a Blue Angel's test pilot. Hence, the Cherokee (which happened to be blue) was named "Blue Angel." My current Jeep, (being my second Jeep) is henceforth referred to as Blue Angel MkII, or just MkII.

McGridDLe 05-27-2010 11:43 PM

Not weird at all, my Jeep's name is Jayden. I'm not sure why I name all of my vehicles, but I agree that it adds something to the relationship.

I talk to her when we're driving and when I'm washing her and pretty much everything else she goes through with me lol.

I think my girlfriend actually gets jealous sometimes, I never give her the kind of compliments that I do for Jayden.

For_4x4 05-27-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doclouie (Post 636559)

Abe Froman... also a refrence to ferris buellers day off... "hello this is Abe Froman" haha

doclouie 05-27-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjTheo (Post 636562)
Ferris buellers day off <-- such a good movie
Pretty sure that's what you ment, sorry if not.

Yep that is my favorite movie. That is why I am debating "Abe Froman the sausage king of Chicago".

firefighter777 05-28-2010 01:24 AM

i named mine frank the tank as in reference to will ferrell in old school

wasurfer86 05-28-2010 02:09 AM

mines name is rusty. i was having some rust issues and somebody on the forum suggested rusty as a name and its stuck with my jeep since. it seems like every time i take a close look at the paint job ill find a little rust spot somewhere

RatherBNarizona 05-28-2010 02:22 AM

Layla... She sure could be mean sometimes, but I loved her

AzTJ 05-28-2010 02:27 AM

In one more month it'll be called "Paid Off" . :D

RoSs 05-28-2010 07:02 AM

This is a good thread. I havent had my Jeep very long yet either. About to make the second payment on it. As of now she is just "Red" or "Little Red Riding Hood" but I def agree with Jerry, she hasn't had the chance to earn one yet but im sure she will. BTW i like yalls names. They seem to be very fitting.

Brad[LK1] 05-28-2010 07:58 AM

Jeep Wrangler Sahara ---> so I named her Sarah

sevenservices 05-28-2010 08:02 AM

we call it "the jeep" right now... but its pretty funny actually. The jeeps name before it was mine was "dove" and it was a white girls jeep. (My moms but she never drove it) She insists that it is still "dove". I told her "since I put the red doors on, dove has Red Wings." ;)

Kate 05-28-2010 08:23 AM

For as long as I can remember I have let my vehicles name themselves.

Some of my family members think it's a little weird, but then, I'm a little weird being a child of the 70s and all.

When it was time to find a name for my 06 Rubi, I knew right off that it was a boy, that in itself was different. I was trying to decide between "Hidalgo" and "Hobbes".

A friend of mine started poking fun at me (still does to this day! :D)and said I should name him "Ajax"
I told him that it was a stupid name and he reiterated with "Ajax is stronger than dirt!"

Damned if it didn't stick!

I talk to Ajax when we're going up a mountain, just like I used to do with my horses. "C'mon big boy, get on up, hyaah! C'mon, step up, that's it, easy, easy...."

Yep, people think I'm nuts.

Oh! When we were presenting the Veterans Jeep to him, I walked by and patted his little white XJ on the hood. I SWEAR I heard it say "My name is Cootie!"
I asked the man if his Jeep had a name, he looked a little puzzled and said no. When I told him that his Jeep had given me her name, he busted up and asked me what color a Cootie is. I looked at his Jeep and told him "Looks like YOURS is white!"