Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Noob Questions (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/noob-questions-51824.html)

Unknown 05-29-2010 10:07 AM

Noob Questions
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I hope I have posted this in the correct place. I have a Wrangler Sport Unlimited 4x4 and have a few noob questions.

Of course the first question is, should I have bought the Rubi? No plans of climbing rocks and mountains (although it looks really fun), just getting it really dirty in whatever mud I can find.

Now that I know I want to get really dirty, is there any mods that I must have before doing this? Also is there a mud pack (kinda like a first aid tool kit for the Jeep) I should have?

Is a lift more of a wow that looks cool thing or something I need to do for what I want to do in it? Lift with current tires or do I need new tires first? Also I am 5'1" and already it is a bit awkward getting in and do not want to need a step ladder after a lift. Heh

What extra lights are really needed if any? This is also my daily drive so I imagine any lights added are not legal to use in town. I ask this mainly cuz hubby just ordered me a bumper light bar as a surprise and I had not thought of adding lights other than to just make it look mean.

Why did I not think of getting duo tops? Ok ya I know the answer to that, but still wished I had thought of it.

I really want black rims but think it would be best to wait until I need new tires as I would most likely put bigger tires on. What are thoughts on powder coating current ones?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice you may have. :)

Here is a picture of my Jeep.

florida boy 05-29-2010 10:20 AM

i would through a lift and tires and leave it the 4 door jeeps lo good

JDsDream 05-29-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown (Post 637908)
Hi, I hope I have posted this in the correct place. I have a Wrangler Sport Unlimited 4x4 and have a few noob questions.

Of course the first question is, should I have bought the Rubi? No plans of climbing rocks and mountains (although it looks really fun), just getting it really dirty in whatever mud I can find..

You will be fine with what you have. Take it out and have fun. You will be amazed at what your stock Jeep can do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown (Post 637908)
Now that I know I want to get really dirty, is there any mods that I must have before doing this? Also is there a mud pack (kinda like a first aid tool kit for the Jeep) I should have?.

Skid plates help keep the mud out of some places and at the same time create new places for mud to hide. The only suggestion I have on this is to make sure that you get the underside and your wheels clean asap after playing in the mud. Put a water sprinkler under it and let it run for a while to clean it up. Mud in your wheels can cause a balance situation similar to DW so get them clean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown (Post 637908)
Is a lift more of a wow that looks cool thing or something I need to do for what I want to do in it? Lift with current tires or do I need new tires first? Also I am 5'1" and already it is a bit awkward getting in and do not want to need a step ladder after a lift. Heh.

Again this depends on what you plan on doing in it. Light trails - no need for lift. It is really a personal choice. Depending on how high you want to take it there are other things that you have to take into consideration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown (Post 637908)
What extra lights are really needed if any? This is also my daily drive so I imagine any lights added are not legal to use in town. I ask this mainly cuz hubby just ordered me a bumper light bar as a surprise and I had not thought of adding lights other than to just make it look mean. .

Again personal choice, none are really needed unless you plan on running trails at night. My fog lamps are enough to illuminate my peripheral at night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown (Post 637908)
Why did I not think of getting duo tops? Ok ya I know the answer to that, but still wished I had thought of it.

I really want black rims but think it would be best to wait until I need new tires as I would most likely put bigger tires on. What are thoughts on powder coating current ones?.

You can powder coat your current rims, but the cragars are pretty inexpensive if you want to take the easy route.

Hope that helps.

Unknown 05-29-2010 12:22 PM

I looked up skid plates at Quadratec and got a page of stuff listed. Stuff for bumpers, under the Jeep, and behind the front tires. Not sure what is what there. Now a sprinkler I do know about.

There is a place near my house that powder coats rims for $35.00 a piece but they do not remove or put them back on. I would have to hire someone else to do that for me. I don't even know how to change a tire much less remove the rims.

Thank you for the advice. Looks like we will be having fun when hubby gets back from overseas without having to take out an additional loan. lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.