Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

2014 JKUR Engine

2K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Jenkins12 
#1 ·
His might sound a bit dumb, but is the engine the same in the 2012 JKU Sport and the 2014 JKU Rubicon? I just traded in my '12 unlimited sport for a '14 unlimited rubicon and the engine covers are different. The '12 had "VVT" on in and the '14 just has "V6". I was just curious if there were any changes. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond!

#3 ·
Nope....

#13 ·
Jeep changed it to V6 for 2014, but of course needed to get rid of the VVT covers still in stock. This is why many 2014 covers don't match.

Well, either that or jeep ripped you off and left the VVT gizmo out of your engine, which is a $60k part.

#14 ·
I have a 14 jkur with just the V6 logo. varible valve timing is so yesterday lol. actually the 12's and early 13's are different then the 14's in as much as the 12's had head problems :). we won't know what problems the 14's will have for a little bit but sure to have something lol.

#19 ·
They where having so many issues with the 3.6 that they went back to the 3.8 in 2014

#20 ·
JK!!!!!!:funnypost:

#21 ·
Minor changes to the engine. Oil filters different. And....wait for it.....the engine cover does not have vvt on it. Only V6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.