Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2011 Wranglers now ordered (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2011-wranglers-now-ordered-53129.html)

chef1231 06-16-2010 01:09 AM

2011 Wranglers now ordered

So as some of you know I work at a Jeep Dealership. Just wanted to pass along that the orders opened up for the 2011 Wranglers. You can get most of the details from allpar.com. Not sure how I feel about the matching hard tops, I think it will look good on some colors and not so great with others. I was almost going to hold off and wait to by the 2011 but glad I did not. The only reason I was thinking about waiting was if the 2011 were going to have a new power train but not yet at least.

JIMBOX 06-16-2010 09:17 AM

:D Thanx for the info chef

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef1231 (Post 656802)
So as some of you know I work at a Jeep Dealership. Just wanted to pass along that the orders opened up for the 2011 Wranglers. You can get most of the details from allpar.com. Not sure how I feel about the matching hard tops, I think it will look good on some colors and not so great with others. I was almost going to hold off and wait to by the 2011 but glad I did not. The only reason I was thinking about waiting was if the 2011 were going to have a new power train but not yet at least.

Are the matching hardtops on all the models ???

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

Hockey Goalie 06-16-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX (Post 656999)
:D Thanx for the info chef

Are the matching hardtops on all the models ???

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

I think the matching hardtops is optional

deathphoenix99 06-16-2010 09:59 AM

Hm....I wish they'd add a v8 to the lineup. I think it would do the Jeep name good to have a bit more power under there.

Hockey Goalie 06-16-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathphoenix99 (Post 657050)
Hm....I wish they'd add a v8 to the lineup. I think it would do the Jeep name good to have a bit more power under there.

How about an SRT-8 Wrangler Unlimited?

I would buy one

chef1231 06-16-2010 02:57 PM

There is a srt8 kit out there for them. Just plan on spending another 20k to mod it. Going to meet up with a customer on Thursday at a work party that has one. He has SRT8 seats in the front and the heat reduction hood with the Srt8 engine. It is on a Jk Unlimited. If he shows up for the party I will take some pics of his. He did all his own work other then buying a kit and he told me it cost like 12k.

chef1231 06-16-2010 03:00 PM

2011 Wrangler changes announced, ready for orders | Allpar Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep News

emirates81 06-16-2010 03:18 PM

match hard top:rolleyes: wranglers are famous with there uniqe designs but, it can be any way this is my first post welcome all :cool:

bobkat 06-16-2010 03:35 PM

How long do you have to wait for a 2011 to come in if you order it now?

wrangler0 06-16-2010 04:06 PM

I just recently bought a 2010 Sahara, so Im not in the market for a new Jeep just yet, but Id love to see interior photos of the '11....

I'm curious about the changes that have been made....

If you have a link to photos, please post it as I can't find anything online.

Thanks!

Dubya 06-16-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobkat (Post 657448)
How long do you have to wait for a 2011 to come in if you order it now?

Production for 2011 Wranglers begins August 16th. :D

RaiderRUBICON 06-17-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef1231 (Post 657386)
There is a srt8 kit out there for them. Just plan on spending another 20k to mod it. Going to meet up with a customer on Thursday at a work party that has one. He has SRT8 seats in the front and the heat reduction hood with the Srt8 engine. It is on a Jk Unlimited. If he shows up for the party I will take some pics of his. He did all his own work other then buying a kit and he told me it cost like 12k.

I think a SRT8 in a Jeep wrangler is just a bad idea. Offroad vehicles and high horse power just don't mix. I could understand 290 or even 300 horsepower on a wrangler,but anything higher than that makes the vehicle unsafe and too expensive for most offroad fan base.The Pentastar engine sounds good.425hp on a jeep?:confused:

dogshmog 06-17-2010 09:47 AM

So it's basically new interior trim... I'll pass. I'm glad I bought my '10 Mountain. I don't think body color matched roof and steering wheel controls are changes that "directly address concerns of offroaders" as was stated before.

Electric mirrors = no relocation
New interior = existing accessories and mods, won't fit.

RaiderRUBICON 06-17-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogshmog (Post 658443)
So it's basically new interior trim... I'll pass. I'm glad I bought my '10 Mountain. I don't think body color matched roof and steering wheel controls are changes that "directly address concerns of offroaders" as was stated before.

Electric mirrors = no relocation
New interior = existing accessories and mods, won't fit.

they are accomadating (sp) the masses,not the true offroaders.There is just not enough "true offroaders" to get the attention of Chrysler.Pretty soon they are going to call the Wrangler a "sav" (sport activity truck):mad:like BMW did with the soft X5. When that day comes I'm outta here.:9lame:

To me,a ture offroader is a guy who rock crawls,going camping and getting your jeep dirty is not true offroading. thats just my take.

deathphoenix99 06-17-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderRUBICON (Post 658371)
I think a SRT8 in a Jeep wrangler is just a bad idea. Offroad vehicles and high horse power just don't mix. I could understand 290 or even 300 horsepower on a wrangler,but anything higher than that makes the vehicle unsafe and too expensive for most offroad fan base.The Pentastar engine sounds good.425hp on a jeep?:confused:

It depends on the type of off roading you do.

Guys who do hardcore mudding, they run anything from 300hp or more. Now on hill climbing, that much power could be bad, flip over etc....but depending on the type you do, it could be beneficial. I know the 4.0L sucks in the TJ, no power and can't really do a whole lot without putting it in 4 low.

daggo66 06-17-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderRUBICON (Post 658506)
they are accomadating (sp) the masses,not the true offroaders.There is just not enough "true offroaders" to get the attention of Chrysler.Pretty soon they are going to call the Wrangler a "sav" (sport activity truck):mad:like BMW did with the soft X5. When that day comes I'm outta here.:9lame:

To me,a ture offroader is a guy who rock crawls,going camping and getting your jeep dirty is not true offroading. thats just my take.

Exactly. They would never think of coming out with a version that had lockers, disconnects, 4-1 transfer case or front D44 axle. :rolleyes:

bigjay0512 06-17-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 658708)
Exactly. They would never think of coming out with a version that had lockers, disconnects, 4-1 transfer case or front D44 axle. :rolleyes:

lol:banghead:

RaiderRUBICON 06-17-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 658708)

Smart guy TOM, the point is that chrysler accomadates the masses with comfort items rather than true off road items. Most of the off roaders that I know tell me that 4-1 transfer ,Dana 44,the height,tire size etc. is not enough for hardcore rock crawling.There are a ton of CJs in my area that are more capable than my 08 Rubi.Thats because of the hard core(for lack of a better word) dynamics that have been added to the vehicle.My stock Rubicon rides relatively soft for a Jeep.Bottom line is that the stock rubicon is capable,but still very limited in its ability .the hard core guys want 5.88 gears, 4inch lift minimum,35 tires etc.Then approach angle ,break over angle and articulation become crucial.Chrysler wants to sell quantity,I mean why do you think they came out with a Sahara???:rolleyes:

wrangler0 06-17-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderRUBICON (Post 658766)
Smart guy TOM, the point is that chrysler accomadates the masses with comfort items rather than true off road items. Most of the off roaders that I know tell me that 4-1 transfer ,Dana 44,the height,tire size etc. is not enough for hardcore rock crawling.There are a ton of CJs in my area that are more capable than my 08 Rubi.Thats because of the hard core(for lack of a better word) dynamics that have been added to the vehicle.My stock Rubicon rides relatively soft for a Jeep.Bottom line is that the stock rubicon is capable,but still very limited in its ability .the hard core guys want 5.88 gears, 4inch lift minimum,35 tires etc.Then approach angle ,break over angle and articulation become crucial.Chrysler wants to sell quantity,I mean why do you think they came out with a Sahara???:rolleyes:

Were Jeeps originally made with rock crawling in mind?? I seriously doubt it...
If crawling over rocks is what gets peoples....rocks....off, great.

If not, they arent a 'real' offroader?

There's only ONE way to off road?
Ha! Hilarious!

BTW, I own a Sahara....espresso machine is in the dash and I can make one using the controls on the steering wheel.

:flipoff:

RaiderRUBICON 06-17-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrangler0 (Post 658779)
Were Jeeps originally made with rock crawling in mind?? I seriously doubt it...
If crawling over rocks is what gets peoples....rocks....off, great.

If not, they arent a 'real' offroader?

There's only ONE way to off road?
Ha! Hilarious!

BTW, I own a Sahara....espresso machine is in the dash and I can make one using the controls on the steering wheel.

:flipoff:

I didn't say "real" off roader ,I said "hard core" hmmm, why do I feel like I'm talking to the same person??? Tom is that you??????:rolleyes: