Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Coil spacers on top of 4" Procomp lift? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/coil-spacers-on-top-of-4-procomp-lift-5334.html)

bloodshot 01-18-2007 01:09 PM

Coil spacers on top of 4" Procomp lift?

I have a 99 TJ with a 4" Procomp lift and 33" Procomp M/T's. I like the lift but I'd like the front to be about an inch or two taller. Has anyone used a 1 or 2" coil spacer on top of a 4" lift, and if so, have you ran into any problems?

mrbigjeep 01-18-2007 01:12 PM

4jeepn runs 2" spacers on his RE 4.5". if its just a spacer for the front then there shouldn't be a big change in anything.

Scout 01-18-2007 01:13 PM

I run 3/4" Teraflex spacers on top of my 4" suspension lift. You shouldn't have any problems as long as you don't get too crazy with it. Just make sure your shocks have enough travel in the to handle it.

Unlimited 01-18-2007 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A friend of mine runs a 1" spacer on top of RE 4.5" lift springs on the front with no problems. He did it to level out the ride and compensate for the weight of the winch and front bumper. You can see them in the picture below:

IOUnlimited 01-18-2007 01:22 PM

Is the goal to make it look different or do you feel your suspension isn't working well enough?

I'm not a fan of going over 4 inches unless it is a long arm setup (personal preference). If you're just looking for some more height, why not do a body lift instead? You can avoid changing the geometry of your suspension and risking significant drive line issues.

Just a thought.

Scout 01-18-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IOUnlimited (Post 46748)
Is the goal to make it look different or do you feel your suspension isn't working well enough?

I'm not a fan of going over 4 inches unless it is a long arm setup (personal preference). If you're just looking for some more height, why not do a body lift instead? You can avoid changing the geometry of your suspension and risking significant drive line issues.

Just a thought.

He's basically saying it sits too high in the rear and too low in the front. He's wanting to add spacers to "level" it out.

Mike001 01-18-2007 02:03 PM

I thought it was bad to go over 4-5 inches of lift with short arms becuase of the stress it puts on the control arms and the the control arm mounts.

Scout 01-18-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike001 (Post 46754)
I thought it was bad to go over 4-5 inches of lift with short arms becuase of the stress it puts on the control arms and the the control arm mounts.

Let's just say it isn't "good" to go that high on short arms. It can be done though but your ride quality and performance of the lift will suffer.

IOUnlimited 01-18-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Scout (Post 46749)
He's basically saying it sits too high in the rear and too low in the front. He's wanting to add spacers to "level" it out.

Clearly my public school education did not teach me to read slowly. I completely miss that he was trying to level it out. Sorry

Scout 01-18-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IOUnlimited (Post 46782)
Clearly my public school education did not teach me to read slowly. I completely miss that he was trying to level it out. Sorry

My public education keeps me reading slowly. :D :D :D

bloodshot 01-18-2007 07:54 PM

Yea, Im just looking to level it out. Right now the front looks to have settled about 1" and I've never cared for the "rake" look unless its a hot rod:)

Scout 01-18-2007 08:41 PM

If you want to try he Teraflex spacers you can buy the 3/4" and see it that helps - if you'd like a little more you can stack them with the factory coil spring isolator and that will give you 1 1/4".