Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Caught looking (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/caught-looking-53398.html)

daggo66 06-19-2010 08:59 PM

Caught looking

I went out this evening with my wife and daughter for a snow cone. We were sitting at a picnic table directly next to my Jeep. The top and doors were off and it seemed to be a little higher than where we were sitting.

I was enjoying my snow cone and thinking that the angle we were at would make a great picture if only I had a camera. I was admiring the rock rails, thinking how ugly the pinch seams would be from that angle without them.

Suddenly I heard my wife say, "What, are you looking at another woman?" I had to think for a moment. Did I just get caught staring at a women? I quickly came to my senses and started to wonder what the heck she was talking about. There was no other women nearby.

Then she said, "You're staring at your Jeep as if it were another woman." Naturally I didn't think it was funny but she and my daughter had a good laugh. The two of them spent the rest of the time having fun at my expense and debating if I would kiss it good night after I put the trail cover on it for the night.

Vector6 06-19-2010 09:21 PM

what flavor snow cone?

Vaultzz 06-19-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vector6 (Post 661226)
what flavor snow cone?

:rofl:

dkswift 06-19-2010 09:34 PM

mmm, snow cones

drivebytruckerz 06-19-2010 09:38 PM

I look at mine when I'm walking back into work from lunch every day.. I always wonder if the people from the other company downstairs wonder what I'm doing.. sometimes I even catch a last glance from the window in the lobby and try not to let people see me..

Coyote_94YJ 06-19-2010 09:42 PM

LOL at the snowcone comment.

My wife used to tease me like that when I had my YJ. These days though I don't look at my TJ like that or even drive it much. That'll change once I start on the upgrades though.

Blackbeard1718 06-19-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 661205)

..... and debating if I would kiss it good night.....

That's totally ridiculous..... EVERY JEEPER knows you have to let the Hood cool down first, or you'll burn your lips! http://www.maxi-scoots.com/postnuke/...iratelaugh.gif

Cheers!

BB

Geoff@Bestop 06-19-2010 11:24 PM

Another good story!

My wife doesn't care if I look at my current Jeep. It's when I slow down in front of a "for sale" sign that she gets mad.

530ktm 06-19-2010 11:50 PM

It seems as though we are all sick in a sort of jeep way as we all share the same symtoms.

cavediverjc 06-19-2010 11:59 PM

It's called the "look-back effect". If you lose it, sell your ride. I have the same "look-back" feeling every time I walk away from my motorcycle as I did the day I picked it up from the dealer......and it's the same way I feel about my Jeep. :D

jskinn27 06-20-2010 01:52 AM

i pulled up to my parents house, got out and started at my jeep as i was walking into the yard. my mom then says, "stop checking out your jeep, we know its hot" lol.

jpdocdave 06-20-2010 10:16 AM

i thought maybe a woman walked by as you were staring at your jeep, and you got blamed for staring at the girl. that would suck. "no honey, i was looking at the jeep, not the mini skirt and tube top"

JDsDream 06-20-2010 10:56 AM

I always sneak several look-backs while walking through the parking lot but, I find that when I am staring at Lil Blue, I'm thinking about what I want to add or what mod it needs next and wondering where the financing of said project will come from.

McGridDLe 06-20-2010 11:02 AM

there is one parking spot that I can see it in through a crack in the window in the next office.. I always park there so I can take a good look on a slow day.. and so I can tell if my windows are down when its raining lol

jayc 06-20-2010 11:03 AM

I thought i was the only one. Everytime I park it and walk away I have to check it out, but my girl gets mad bc she know's what i'm thinking.....I can put this on her, that on her, OHHHHH it would look awesome with this on her!!!! I need to go home and look that up and see how much it would cost. I love my Jeep, she's so cool.....

daggo66 06-20-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdocdave (Post 661546)
i thought maybe a woman walked by as you were staring at your jeep, and you got blamed for staring at the girl. that would suck. "no honey, i was looking at the jeep, not the mini skirt and tube top"

I was so lost in thought that for a second I thought maybe that's what happened.

spyjeep0520 06-20-2010 12:22 PM

what did i miss i was looking at the pics of my jeep

jskinn27 06-20-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 661584)
I always sneak several look-backs while walking through the parking lot but, I find that when I am staring at Lil Blue, I'm thinking about what I want to add or what mod it needs next and wondering where the financing of said project will come from.

i do the exact same thing. just im a broke ass college freshman, so its a lot of saving for me. but ohh man do i have a wishlist

biffman 06-21-2010 04:56 PM

I've had a change of jobs now where I'll have to take the train into work everyday. My wife said it would be a shame to park my jeep in the commuter lot everyday, so I should look for an older model that I can leave out and also mod anyway I want to. For awhile I was thinking I had the coolest wife in the world..then it hit me. She just wants MY jeep!!:banghead:

daggo66 06-21-2010 08:14 PM

Everything a woman says or does has a reason behind it. They always have a plan. Every once in a while my wife will suggest I go ahead and buy something for the Jeep. I get all excited and start looking online and then it hits me. "All right, what did YOU buy." :D

JDsDream 06-21-2010 08:25 PM

Oh how I love the single life.:)