Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Apology to the forum and to Beowulf.... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/apology-to-the-forum-and-to-beowulf-53765.html)

InfernoGirl 06-24-2010 01:45 PM

Apology to the forum and to Beowulf....

Beowulf and forum in general, I have done you a disservice, and for that I am sorry. Apparently Mr. Beowulf (new member) took offense at a reply I made to him regarding his response to a question. I'll admit that I felt his reply was a tad harsh, and was kinda a smarty pants when I posted ( I know, right? Me? Smarty Pants?.... where'd that come from?) So Mr. Beowulf, please accept my apology for being a smarty, it's just kinda my nature sometimes, but I do try to behave, most of the time.

To the rest of the forum, I'm sorry that my smart fingers may have lost us a new member. Please give me another chance.... :)

Thank you, Linda

bigjay0512 06-24-2010 01:53 PM

I saw that thread.. I don't think you even did anything wrong..but good for you for taking the high road! :punk:

toshpate 06-24-2010 01:55 PM

f-em feed them fish heads ..kidding of course..as a smarty pants myself some people just do not get our humor. I poke more fun at myself then anyone else. apology accepted..ha ha and when will you be making yj seats dang it

InfernoGirl 06-24-2010 02:00 PM

LOL Tosh! If I don't get off the stupid computer and get after the '04 ones sitting in my driveway now, maybe never! :)

toshpate 06-24-2010 02:07 PM

ha ha got ya, my seats are broken and need replaceing anyway but my mom sews are they hard to make? have you done the neoprene yet? or do you scotch guard the heck out of them? I am tempted to go get some ford seats at a salvage and go from there..heard they match up pretty good. but sinse I am not very mechanical and tend to break things maybe should order replacemnts ha ha

Ageless Stranger 06-24-2010 02:10 PM

I didn't see it Linda, but that's ok. It's hard to interpret tone in the written word sometimes. In a community like this you need to have a little bit thicker skin due to that fact. Most people (like you) mean well almost all of the time. Besides, you are a valued member of this community. We all know you didn't mean it. If the other poster dosen't, and you don't get the oppertunity to explain yourself then we'll just have to move on. You certainly don't owe me an apology.

jgano23 06-24-2010 02:11 PM

what did i miss?

i don't want an apology, i want cake.

schnutzy 06-24-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 666502)
I didn't see it Linda, but that's ok. It's hard to interpret tone in the written word sometimes. In a community like this you need to have a little bit thicker skin due to that fact. Most people (like you) mean well almost all of the time. Besides, you are a valued member of this community. We all know you didn't mean it. If the other poster dosen't, and you don't get the oppertunity to explain yourself then we'll just have to move on. You certainly don't owe me an apology.

i saw the tread, and im not gona lie, its a little rediculous.
but i still agree, IG, you need not apologize.

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshpate (Post 666500)
ha ha got ya, my seats are broken and need replaceing anyway but my mom sews are they hard to make? have you done the neoprene yet? or do you scotch guard the heck out of them? I am tempted to go get some ford seats at a salvage and go from there..heard they match up pretty good. but sinse I am not very mechanical and tend to break things maybe should order replacemnts ha ha

CJ/YJ Seat swaps - JeepForum.com Community Jeep Wiki
^ that has a list of seats that will all bolt into a yj :D

toshpate 06-24-2010 02:16 PM

awesome^^ you guys rock totally with your socks out ha ha

GroundHawg 06-24-2010 02:36 PM

Nice to see my feelings aren't the only ones being crushed by Inferno on this forum.

Now I'm crushed that I never got an apology thread...and thus the cycle continues.

G54 06-24-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 666471)
To the rest of the forum, I'm sorry that my smart fingers may have lost us a new member. Please give me another chance.... :)

We'll all vote on a committee eventually to look into the possibilities of granting your request for another chance. Then after an undetermined designated time of campaigning the committee will elect a chairman to decide whether the matter actually warrants the efforts of the forum to decide on your future status. Once that is done we will entertain testimony from all participating parties and the chairman will hold private quorums - privately. A verdict in this case will then be derived within a while or so or maybe longer. In other words, we'll get back to you on that. Meanwhile you are free to post at will.

Smarty pants. :bottom:

Barrie 06-24-2010 04:31 PM

You going to run for office when you retire Gus? You sound like a politician.:D

G54 06-24-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie in Maine (Post 666732)
You going to run for office when you retire Gus? You sound like a politician.:D

Too much C-Span

Jp90Talon 06-24-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshpate (Post 666511)
awesome^^ you guys rock totally with your socks out ha ha

Hate to break it to you but its not a sock! ;)

G54 06-24-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jp90Talon (Post 666742)

That was like......uh..........then......:rofl:

G-Pur 06-24-2010 05:57 PM

Made me thing of the Red Hot Chili Peppers

GroundHawg 06-24-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldgus (Post 666727)
We'll all vote on a committee eventually to look into the possibilities of granting your request for another chance. Then after an undetermined designated time of campaigning the committee will elect a chairman to decide whether the matter actually warrants the efforts of the forum to decide on your future status. Once that is done we will entertain testimony from all participating parties and the chairman will hold private quorums - privately. A verdict in this case will then be derived within a while or so or maybe longer. In other words, we'll get back to you on that. Meanwhile you are free to post at will.

Smarty pants. :bottom:

:rofl:

reminds me of an old episode of Monty Python

InfernoGirl 06-24-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jp90Talon (Post 666742)

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldgus (Post 666745)
That was like......uh..........then......:rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Pur (Post 666838)
Made me thing of the Red Hot Chili Peppers

I concur! :D You guys do rock! :punk:

RatherBNarizona 06-24-2010 09:54 PM

Beowulf, would you like her banned?

Just say the word... :D

Just kidding!

TR3YNGLER 06-25-2010 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 666471)
Beowulf and forum in general, I have done you a disservice, and for that I am sorry. Apparently Mr. Beowulf (new member) took offense at a reply I made to him regarding his response to a question. I'll admit that I felt his reply was a tad harsh, and was kinda a smarty pants when I posted ( I know, right? Me? Smarty Pants?.... where'd that come from?) So Mr. Beowulf, please accept my apology for being a smarty, it's just kinda my nature sometimes, but I do try to behave, most of the time.

Thank you, Linda

Wow! :eek:

:D

baja 06-25-2010 02:56 AM

Looks like IG is covering another kind of seat-HERS!!!!!!

Coyote_94YJ 06-25-2010 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR3YNGLER (Post 667355)
Wow! :eek:

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 667361)
Looks like IG is covering another kind of seat-HERS!!!!!!

:rofl: at the both of you.

I read that thread too and I didn't see anything wrong. Some people just read into things differently than other I guess. Hope he decides to stick around and accept your apology.

daggo66 06-25-2010 06:27 AM

Since part of your apology is to the forum, and I'm a part of the forum, I do not accept your apology. There is absolutely no need for one. That guy was being a jack a$$.

Us JK guys miss out on all the good stuff. We don't have any cool Jeep chicks like you TJ and YJ guys. At least they visit us now and then!

Tosh, don't you dare say a word. I need to get some work done today!

Oh yeah, Wow! :eek:

GroundHawg 06-25-2010 06:37 AM

Ok, where's this thread at? I need to see what all this riff-raff is about. I searched around for it last night and couldn't seem to find it.

What's it called...or link me to it. I really can't see you being mean Inferno. You've always been nice and helpful when you post. I don't get what you could have possibly said to p*ss someone off enough to just up and leave.

Somebody...hook me up. What's the thread named?

schnutzy 06-25-2010 06:40 AM

it is in the tj section. titled 2 inch coil spacer?

GroundHawg 06-25-2010 06:42 AM

Alright. Thank you schnutzy.

GroundHawg 06-25-2010 06:49 AM

That guy had to have been upset about something other than that thread. Bad day at work, girlfriend..etc. I don't really see how someone can get upset like that over a "lol" and a "wow"

whatever. IMO you did nothing wrong. Wrangler06 ether.

F em' :rofl:

chucky cheese 06-25-2010 07:19 AM

WOW! Must be a postal worker.

daggo66 06-25-2010 07:42 AM

I think it should be SOP from now on to replay to any IG post with "WOW! :eek:" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

TOW69 06-25-2010 08:08 AM

A little too sensitive,

WOW!:eek:

:blunt: People People Can't we all just get along :blunt:

Peace