Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Skyjacker Standard 2" Spacer Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/skyjacker-standard-2-spacer-lift-kit-with-hydro-shocks-54146.html)

Regan Powell 06-29-2010 09:50 AM

Skyjacker Standard 2" Spacer Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks

Does anyone have a personal review of the Skyjacker Standard 2" Spacer Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks? it seems like a good deal but for its price, but i dont want to buy a piece of junk that ill regret getting later.

Regan Powell 06-29-2010 09:52 AM

Skyjacker Standard 2" Spacer Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

530ktm 06-29-2010 01:41 PM

Not sure what your budget is but check the Old Man Emu 2 inch kit. I love it.

life iz good 06-29-2010 02:40 PM

I had mine installed approx. 6 months ago and I have not had any issues or regrets.

Jeepzcb09 06-29-2010 03:02 PM

A friend of mine has this lift and its a great bang for the buck lift. Not only do you get 2in of lift but the Hydro shocks it comes with are really good riding in a Jeep,in other words a good smooth ride!!

Jerry Bransford 06-29-2010 06:05 PM

2" spacers are 2" spacers pretty much no matter who you buy them from. Skyjacker's Hydro shocks are inexpensive and most people find that they provide a good ride when installed into a TJ. I think you'd be as happy with that kit as with any other similar priced 2" spacer kit. :)

Tarby 06-29-2010 09:13 PM

I have had the skyjacker 2" spacer with hydros on my wife's TJ for a year now, no regrets. It went on ok. The harder part was the front spacers. Track bar makes it a little difficult for the driver side to go on, but got it done. My wife's TJ was bone stock, and it made a significant difference. I only put 30 inch tires under the Jeep ( 4 cyl. auto-gutless) because she didn't want anything large...good enough for her, plus it doesn't mess with the gearing as a DD. Just make sure you anti-seize all your shock bolts/nuts, as they get corroded on TJ's in the rear (poor design in my opinion). The ride is the same as stock, but more daylight in the wheel well. Shocks are decent, I also took the lifetime replacement from 4wd hardware for them, as Skyjacker's tend to wear quickly.

trophyyride 07-27-2010 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regan Powell (Post 671833)
Does anyone have a personal review of the Skyjacker Standard 2" Spacer Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks? it seems like a good deal but for its price, but i dont want to buy a piece of junk that ill regret getting later.

For me Skyjacker Standard 2" Spacer Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks is a good kit. I am pretty sure that you will not regret it. :D

trophyyride 08-04-2010 06:21 PM

skyjacker

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarby (Post 672509)
I have had the skyjacker 2" spacer with hydros on my wife's TJ for a year now, no regrets. It went on ok. The harder part was the front spacers. Track bar makes it a little difficult for the driver side to go on, but got it done. My wife's TJ was bone stock, and it made a significant difference. I only put 30 inch tires under the Jeep ( 4 cyl. auto-gutless) because she didn't want anything large...good enough for her, plus it doesn't mess with the gearing as a DD. Just make sure you anti-seize all your shock bolts/nuts, as they get corroded on TJ's in the rear (poor design in my opinion). The ride is the same as stock, but more daylight in the wheel well. Shocks are decent, I also took the lifetime replacement from 4wd hardware for them, as Skyjacker's tend to wear quickly.

in your opinion was the 2" worth the work?

Tarby 08-04-2010 08:01 PM

[/QUOTE]in your opinion was the 2" worth the work?[/QUOTE]

Yep...still got enough lift to clear stuff, have a nice factory ride, and my wife doesn't complain about it looking too redneck when she drives it. We don't wheel it, so it was well worth it just for the look and feel. Dog is gettin old and can't get in the lifted rides we have, so this is so he can ride with us:)