Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Bought a slightly used 2005 X (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/bought-a-slightly-used-2005-x-5431.html)

FirefighterJR 01-22-2007 07:56 PM

Bought a slightly used 2005 X

I need some help from everyone and before i get slammed i tried the search feature and didn't get the answers I am looking for. I bought a 2005 X with the 4.0/6 speed. I am trying to figure out what came stock on this model, plus what options were available. Since i bought it used I am not sure what it originally came with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jeremy

Dare2BSquare 01-22-2007 08:10 PM

Send Jeeptales a private message, I bet he can help you.

nicolas-eric 01-22-2007 08:20 PM

go to your local jeep dealer and show hin jour VIN. he can look intohis computer and tell or print you everything that´s installed in your new jeep.

Texapple 01-22-2007 08:23 PM

Jeremy
never hesitate to ask a question......we haven't killed anyone yet, however we do have member that is in the business of body disposal :rolleyes:

seriously, we don't slam :D

Scout 01-22-2007 08:34 PM

Did you search!!!!!!! Jeez!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Just kidding bro, no slamming here! Ask any question you can think of and we'll do our best to answer it. We're not those "other" forums. ;)

Unlimited 01-23-2007 01:58 AM

From CarGuide:

2005 Jeep Wrangler SE, X, Sport, and Rubicon
Background information, pricing, and specifications for the 2005 Jeep Wrangler SE, X, Sport, and Rubicon SUVs.

For over fifty years, the Jeep Wrangler has remained true to its roots with its military-style design, top-down convenience, and legendary Jeep offroad capabilities. The Wrangler has been through some minor exterior/updates, but none significant enough to alter its traditional image. The Wrangler is not for everyone, it has a harsh ride and its interior appointments are not as up to date as other SUVs. Only dedicated Jeep purists will enjoy its characteristics.

There are four versions to choose from: the SE, X, Sport, and Rubicon. There is an available, extended version called the Unlimited sporting a longer wheelbase resulting in more interior room. Base SE models come with a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine with 147-horsepower. Other models get the 4.0-liter Power Tech In-line 6-cylinder with 190-horsepower. New for 2005 is the availability of a Rubicon trim version for the Unlimited.

Base MSRP for the 2005 Jeep Wrangler SE 4X4 start at $18,730 to $29,125 for the Rubicon Unlimited.

Standard Features:
SE 4X4:

2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine
Command-Trac part-time 4-wheel drive system
6-speed manual transmission
15' full-face steel wheels
AM/FM stereo with CD player
Vinyl seats
Half metal doors with locks
Easy-folding soft top
Easy access/passenger tip-and-slide seat
Full sport bar with padding
Fender flares
Air conditioning bypass

X adds 4X4:
4.0-liter In-line 6-cylinder engine
Cloth seats
Easy access/driver tip-and-slide seat
Full-length floor console
Plastic front door window

Sport 4X4 adds:
Air conditioning
Full metal doors with roll-up windows

Rubicon 4X4 adds:
4:1 Rock-Trac part-time 4-wheel drive system
16' MOAB silver wheels
Tru-loc differentials in both axles
Diamond plate sill guards
Offroad group
4-wheel disc brakes

Impressive Options:
4-speed automatic transmission
Hard top
Unlimited versions with an extended wheelbase

FuzzyDolly 01-23-2007 04:44 AM

As options, mine came with air conditioning, cruise control with leather steering wheel, full doors with roll up windows, Ecco tire and wheel package (different rims with 235/75r15 Goodyear GSA tires, instead of the standard 225's). Mine has the 6 speed, stock axles and gears, and soft top only. I love my X. Congrats on your purchase. If you want full details, go to kbb.com and look it up. The kelley blue book site will have all the information you want.

FirefighterJR 01-23-2007 01:37 PM

Thanks for the help. My X came with 4.0/6 speed, full doors with roll up windows, ac, cruise control, leather wrapped wheel, upgraded alloys with 31-10.50 BFG All terrains, and hella windshield mounted flood lights. Not a bad package since i traded a 04 crew cab frontier 2wd straight up title for title I think I got a pretty good deal.

FuzzyDolly 01-23-2007 02:56 PM

Sounds like you got a great deal!

nicolas-eric 01-23-2007 03:51 PM

i didn´t know that you have so many different TJ models in the US.
here i germany we only have the "TJ sport" with 2.4L or 4.0L and manual transmission. without radio and AC and only with a softtop.
and the "TJ sahara edition" with hardtop/softtop, automatic transmission, A/C, CD-Radio with 7 speakers, painted flares, 30s tires instead of 215/75r15, cruise control and some other things.

nascardude68 01-23-2007 04:46 PM

this site might help ya
http://www.geocities.com/jeepboy4902...es.html?200631

Newbie Jeepster 07-28-2008 04:39 PM

FIRST let me get this out of the way. I am a Blazer man. BUT the girlfriend has a 2005 Wrangler. 4 Liter inline 6, from what the VIN states. I do not know JACK about this vehicle.

Here's the issue. It has 39,000 miles on it, the transmission was replaced because reverse went out around 35,000. Now, it has no balls what so ever. Off the line it isn;t too bad, but trying to pass someone on the highway, the engine revs up, it won't downshift, and it is DOGGIE in the speeding up process.

Is this normal? If not what/ where should I look to figure out what the issue is?

By the way, it's an automatic. If that makes a difference......

bpowa 07-28-2008 11:18 PM

wranglers are not made for speed.