Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   thinking of buying a quad (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/thinking-of-buying-a-quad-54340.html)

bobjenkins 07-01-2010 04:31 PM

thinking of buying a quad

hey guys, ive never owned a quad before but have ridden friends alot, now if Ive any money left over after buying a jeep im thinking about getting a quad

anyone have any suggestions? I dont want to spend more than 2300.

I was thinking something like a honda 400ex

530ktm 07-01-2010 04:52 PM

I think quads are dangerous. I have seen too many dumb accidents involving them. I prefer the good old dirt bikes and they are more versatile for trail riding.

Ageless Stranger 07-01-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjenkins (Post 674628)
hey guys, ive never owned a quad before but have ridden friends alot, now if Ive any money left over after buying a jeep im thinking about getting a quad

anyone have any suggestions? I dont want to spend more than 2300.

I was thinking something like a honda 400ex

When you rode your friend's Alot, was it saddled or did you go bareback? :D

You'll definately be buy used in your price range. Quads are very expensive these days. I graduated from a 400 Foreman to my Jeep so I'm happy. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 530ktm (Post 674654)
I think quads are dangerous. I have seen too many dumb accidents involving them. I prefer the good old dirt bikes and they are more versatile for trail riding.

Wait. You think quads are more dangerous than dirt bikes??

bobjenkins 07-01-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 530ktm (Post 674654)

Ive never ridden a dirtbike , but after I get some money and a quad im going to buy one! or maybe before haha

Im not sure I agree about that tho, well maybe, there are alot of quad accidents I think because when you bring out a quad everyone, even granny wants to ride lol.

@ageless lol:zap:

530ktm 07-01-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 674665)
When you rode your friend's Alot, was it saddled or did you go bareback? :D

You'll definately be buy used in your price range. Quads are very expensive these days. I graduated from a 400 Foreman to my Jeep so I'm happy. ;)

Wait. You think quads are more dangerous than dirt bikes??

Dirt bikes are dangerous too. My good friend was killed Thanksgiving Day last year when we were all out camping and riding. He was hit head on by a kid riding on the wrong side of a dirt road. My buddy was 49 years old and an experienced rider for years. The kid is 15 and has some physical problems since then. He received brain damage but not as bad as my friend.

Quads are more dangerous though because they have a tendency to follow the rider when crashing and thus crushing them. At least with a bike you can get away from it. I have seen people run over their own foot with the back wheel and tearing their leg apart. People go over the bars and break their necks because the quad comes over on them. Also as mentioned above, you get all kinds of dummies riding them because they think they are safe and then they go off and ride over there level of experience.

USNJeep'n 07-01-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 674665)

I agree...Id look on Craigslist in that price range. We use to ride, theyre a lot fun but were pretty over it now.

Have fun

TheGG54 07-01-2010 06:52 PM

If you're not in a huge hurry, you may find someone selling a 450 for that kind of money now. Maybe a TRX or a YFZ...Keep your eyes out!

PecosRiver 07-01-2010 09:16 PM

I've got 2 and I love them

Ageless Stranger 07-01-2010 09:20 PM

I just noticed my typo. My last one was a Honda 450 Foreman. I posted 400 earlier. :doh: