Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Massachusetts Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f90/)
-   -   Hi All anyone from MA on! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f90/hi-all-anyone-from-ma-on-5459.html)

Jimmykick 01-23-2007 01:57 PM

Hi All anyone from MA on!

I do most of my 4 wheeling in Copicut or the Freetown State Forest I live in New Bedford. Id like to try out some new trails anyone from my area know any good areas to 4 wheel would be fun having another jeep with me to try some harder stuff so we can tow each other out if we get stuck lol! I have a 05 rubicon still stock for now.:) I'll put a rubicon express 4.5 super flex lift and 33's or 35's after the warrenty is up yee haaa This thing is alot of fun stock even :rolleyes:

stevin33 03-02-2007 10:21 AM

hey jimmykick...
i'm also from good ol new beige. i'm in the market for a few upgrades for my 99 sahara. do you know of any shops that specialize in wranglers? i would consider putting in a lift myself, but i lack a few key components (proper tools and a garage).
i've spoken with a few mechanics that i've dealt with in the past and none of them seem to be comfortable with doing a suspension lift as it would be the first their first time installing one.

Jimmykick 03-09-2007 03:25 AM

theres a 4wd shop up the north ebd by me u could ask them its on the blvd near pa raffas or i read luzo does em

stevin33 03-09-2007 10:36 AM

thanx jimmykick..!!!!!
luzo actually insalled my hitch. i'll give them a call.
any suggestions to what lift? i would like to run 32 or 33's.
my understanding is that i'll have to go with a 3" minimum lift.
i dont do any offroading other than the pothole jumping that new bedford streets provide. i do take my jeep on sand when i do surf fishing. other than that it's pretty much for looks.....

Jimmykick 03-12-2007 02:17 AM

rubicon express good

i see alot of people are using rubicon express lifts i read they are the best theres a site that reviews jeep aftermarket parts jeep reviews . com

Hebera 02-25-2008 10:56 PM

Stevin a good friend of mine has a shop in south dartmouth right up the road from you and i'm sure he'd put it in for you. If it makes you feel better his daily driver is an 89 YJ! He's the one who got me hooked on Wranglers. The name of his shop is Chet's Automotive. It's a little two bay shop but dont be fooled he has over 400 active customers. You might have to wait a few weeks but he'd do it I'm sure.

J-Rad 03-24-2008 06:34 PM

hey guys I live in Westport an i wheel in the res all the time, hit me up. i know my way around the res pretty well. and for lifting your jeep what a pain in the Butt, do the shop a favor and spray some PB on the shackle bolts a week or so in advance there almost always seized. I had to torch mine out ALL of them!!!

TJ_Babe 05-16-2008 08:30 PM

Haha... also from New Biege. So talk to me about Copicut. I've heard about it but never been. I'm not originally from the area so I'm not that familiar with the local spots.

carptomm 06-06-2008 09:36 PM

carptomm bourne ma

debruins 06-06-2008 09:49 PM

Needham MA here

if you're in Bourne you should join the cape cod jeep club, good bunch of guys, and gals

charliefoxtrot 10-07-2008 05:58 PM

I'm from Brockton, pretty close to new bedford. When im home on leave i'd love to ride with you guys and find some more trails in MA

TJ_Babe 11-04-2008 09:28 AM

Brockton's not that far. And I just got new tires. BFG TA KOs. woot.

vettefever5 11-04-2008 12:36 PM

i live in easton, but i went to school at umass dartmouth so i was in the new bedford area for 5 years. i've been to freetown many times mountain biking, but not with the jeep. i haven't been to freetown since i graduated in 05 and i just got the jeep last month.

any more info on copicut or freetown would be nice. i'm still looking for places to go/people to go with, but i have a stock rig so i can't go too extreme.

Jimmykick 12-14-2008 05:26 AM

hi there you new englanders i'm ready to wheel whenever any of you guys want jeeps got a 4.5 RE LA kit now and some 33x12 tires arb snorkle and alot of other stuff lol send me a message if you you want to wheel

Jimmykick 12-16-2008 05:03 AM

hey dude

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettefever5 (Post 279228)
i live in easton, but i went to school at umass dartmouth so i was in the new bedford area for 5 years. i've been to freetown many times mountain biking, but not with the jeep. i haven't been to freetown since i graduated in 05 and i just got the jeep last month.

any more info on copicut or freetown would be nice. i'm still looking for places to go/people to go with, but i have a stock rig so i can't go too extreme.

Send me a message if you want to go wheeling i'll show ya plenty of stuff in there your stock jeep will make it thru!
go to youtube.com jimmykick007 in search got a few vids in the forest on there. Hey i like to mountain bike too got a GT I-Drive full susp.

Jimmykick 12-17-2008 05:34 AM

some vids of me wheeling close by my house 10 min drive

YouTube - jeep rubicon flexing up a hill

YouTube - Jeep Rubicon vs mud and water

YouTube - Jeep Rubicon water crossing

Anybody wants to come join me send me a pm By the way it's in a legal spot too lol

EricBlackTJ 06-18-2010 11:36 PM

ya id like to go there let me know where to meet you guys im from taunton

Hamar 07-11-2010 12:02 PM

My Daughter just bought her first jeep. We live on the south shore and would be interested in a run at the Freetown State Forest if its something a stock 95 YJ can handle. We have a couple mall issues to fix on the jeep before she takes it off road but it shouldnt be too long.

ollie526 07-22-2010 08:03 AM

New member from Providence here. There's not much action in the RI forum so I wanted to check in here. There doesn't seem to be many places to legally go wheeling around here, but if there's a meet-up, I'm in. In the Acura forums for my other car they did a lot of meets so I gotta assume Jeepers do too-only these ones are probably a lot more fun. Can't wait to see the new truck in action.

GREEN-MACHINE 09-06-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmykick (Post 293837)
YouTube - jeep rubicon flexing up a hill

YouTube - Jeep Rubicon vs mud and water

YouTube - Jeep Rubicon water crossing

Anybody wants to come join me send me a pm By the way it's in a legal spot too lol

where were the vid's taken i need to get there.

dkw 09-30-2010 11:58 AM

im in holden, about an hour and a half or so from freetown but im up for the trip!

ollie526 09-30-2010 12:00 PM

Anyone running freetown this weekend? I have the weekend open and could be down for my 1st trip.

dkw 09-30-2010 12:06 PM

my yj is in pieces right now but if i have it back together tonight like im planning on (yeah right...) i can get it inspected tomorrow and definately interested in some wheeling.

ollie526 09-30-2010 12:12 PM

I've never Freetown so I don't know the course. Is it legal or could we have problems? It'd be good if we could get some people who know their way around. This is my 1st trip so I'll be treading lightly. My coworker has a new JK Sahara about 15 min from there so I could try to get him to come. Anyone got a winch in case we get stuck??

dkw 09-30-2010 12:18 PM

i would be taking it pretty easy too, my jeeps in rough shape as it is and i dont have much experience but i want to check it out, i would love it if we could get someone there who knows their way around. i dont have a winch either...

ollie526 09-30-2010 12:20 PM

I just found this link which talks all about it. Freetown Forest - JeepForum.com

Seems like they are legal as long as we stay on the roads. While that doesn't sound all that fun, either does the 250/person fine if you get caught offroad. Some people say there are some decent legal roads there. I'm going to read more into it now, but seems like we'd be fine w/o a winch. The key is that person with experience.

dkw 09-30-2010 08:30 PM

unfortunately, i wont be able to make it this weekend, i have the manifold off of my jeep and i need to drill out and tap the broken bolts... i have been driving on a rejected sticker for a long time now. my brother is my mechanic expert and he is busy for a while and we ran into some problems tonight while trying to finish it. oh well. soon enough

RubiconRich 10-01-2010 05:41 PM

All the good stuff is in Western , Ma and NH. The cape is just sand.

uselessllama 10-01-2010 07:26 PM

I'm heading to Freetown tomorrow sometime early afternoon, likely. It's an easy run, I'm just using it to get some more dirt on my Jeep. I'll post back here when I'm heading out and my ETA, it's a simple trail so anyone's free to join me, like I said I'm just going through to get messy, haha. I'll be on CB channel 5 while I'm out there.

uselessllama 10-02-2010 01:37 PM

Alright, I'll be there at roughly 3:30, on the north side of Copicut road. I'll be on cb channel 5, call out for me or just wait at the trailhead and I'll lead through. Call sign is Geek.