Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/)
-   -   Single Jeep Owner Today (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/single-jeep-owner-today-546393.html)

creelclmsn 02-19-2014 09:45 AM

Single Jeep Owner Today

I sold my JK today!!! Every time I would turn a corner I saw another JK with all the same mods as me. I got so frustrated with it I decided to sell it and put the extra money into my YJ. I have always loved my YJ's the most and look forward to building my 95!! So goodbye JKU I wont miss you that much at all, not to mention every soccer mom and banker driving around in a mall crawler!! Time to change my pics I guess!! You know JK owners aren't true jeepers when you drive your YJ and they don't wave back!!!

0III0forlife 02-19-2014 03:11 PM

Awe, you sold your "plastic jeep"? lol.

I have notice that most JK drivers don't wave. I guess when you wrap your ass in plastic you feel better than others? Buncha mall-crawlin" 4x4 wannabeees!...

I personally wouldn't own one myself. Just my opinion.

4Jeepn 02-19-2014 03:18 PM

So what will happen when your out in your YJ and see other Yj's just like yours?

W5KVV 02-19-2014 03:23 PM

Welcome back to the AMC/Chrysler era. No Diamler or Fiat stankness to be found on a YJ.

creelclmsn 02-19-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn (Post 8402969)
So what will happen when your out in your YJ and see other Yj's just like yours?

That's the thing though, YJ owners are still unique plus we are a dying breed in Charlotte NC, There is so much more you can do to the YJ to personalize it other than just ordering from the catalogue. I am happy to be back in a "real jeep" this is my 3rd YJ I had an 88 4.2L and a 91 2.5L. I also had an 03 TJ 4.0L and two JKU one 08 X and the 07 Sahara. Out of all the jeeps the YJ have always been my favorite. Maybe its the square head lights.

creelclmsn 02-19-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0III0forlife (Post 8402737)
Awe, you sold your "plastic jeep"? lol.

I have notice that most JK drivers don't wave. I guess when you wrap your ass in plastic you feel better than others? Buncha mall-crawlin" 4x4 wannabeees!...

I personally wouldn't own one myself. Just my opinion.

They really don't wave!!! its annoying

johnsonken1332 02-19-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creelclmsn (Post 8403609)

They really don't wave!!! its annoying

agree. I even wave while in my work van by habit. yj'R always waves back.

GG 90YJ 02-19-2014 07:55 PM

Same around here. Hardly anyone waves anymore especially all the 4 door wannabes.

Jeffcs 02-19-2014 08:55 PM

I'm a jk 2 door and I wave to all wranglers

samizdad 02-19-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsonken1332 (Post 8410401)
agree. I even wave while in my work van by habit. yj'R always waves back.

I've done that too. Ha!

Tom009 02-20-2014 08:19 AM

You sold your jk and put the money in your yj? You are a moron. I owned 2 yjs. You can be so proud of that pile . Enjoy that out dated leaf spring suspension toliet motor. Gee you are so cool cause more people wave to you. Grow up ass clowns.

jim_n_Looziana 02-20-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom009 (Post 8422937)
You sold your jk and put the money in your yj? You are a moron. I owned 2 yjs. You can be so proud of that pile . Enjoy that out dated leaf spring suspension toliet motor. Gee you are so cool cause more people wave to you. Grow up ass clowns.

:lmao:

creelclmsn 02-20-2014 08:40 AM

Quote:

Yeah I sold my JKU to build my YJ, You are exactly what everyone here has been talking about.... you think because you own a JK that you are king shit in some off road park, I have pulled JK's out all day with my YJ and gone plenty of places JK's cant go... No need to knock some ones decision to sell a vehicle and build another one, no matter the year or the motor or the suspension. You have no idea what I have in mind for this build either. I love my YJ's!!! The JK is the biggest shit jeep that they have made to date. is it functional yes, does it look cool I guess, but everyone and their brother has one!!! You can follow suit with the rest of the JK owners and F**K OFF if you cant handle the fact I made a decision to sell a F**KIN car. The good news is I will probably never meet your punk a$$ in real life and never see you at an event cause you will be cruising from mall to mall with your wife driving your JK around cause its the cool vehicle to have in your neighborhood. If it wasn't for the YJ Chrysler would have never made it to the JK so show some respect or stay out of the YJ threads if you cant deal.

jim_n_Looziana 02-20-2014 08:45 AM

I've had 'em all....Willys, CJ, YJ, TJ, pre '77 Bronco, and now the Jk......

The Bronco was the coolest, most dependable, and mechanically sound......the TJ was probably the best, with the 4.0......it now has an LS GM engine, just for kicks ....

The YJ was my biggest disappointment.......ymmv......

Tom009 02-20-2014 08:52 AM

No you not only sold your new jeep but you believe your stupid be like everybody bullshit. Jeep sold more units in may of 2013 than any month or year. Why? Cause people like ugrades and change. And meeting you where? I freaking love jeeps and liked the yj toughness but but a 4 cyninder stick with no air gets old. I would meet you anywhere to talk any bs you wanted. Wow you hate the freakin world. I was just messing like you and your buddies with yjs and you go ape shit! Go pound sand in your shit pile ball bag!

DaisyCutter 02-20-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Chill out and let the YJ's have their dutch rudder party.

MyRed88 02-20-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

YJs will out wheel your jk any day

Tom009 02-20-2014 09:10 AM

Daisycutty lmao!

jim_n_Looziana 02-20-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRed88 (Post 8423945)

:funnypost:

creelclmsn 02-20-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Joking around? Moron and joking around don't go in the same sentence where I come from. Yes jeep as sold out of every JK to date before the end of each model run... WHY??? the marketing demographic is not what jeep used to market the wrangler to... It has been brought up to the standards of the everyday public. there for your bankers, lawyers, doctors, house wives, maids, taxi drivers, accountants, retail employees, and everyday people will buy them cause they thought the idea of a wrangler was cool but the fact that most didn't come with A/C or an automatic, most came with soft tops and half doors, most never had a power window option, etc. But that all changed with the JK it became the sissy wrangler, you can go topless and doorless but you have AC, power windows, power door locks, and can still manage to take it off road (if you happen to be one of the few who wheel theirs) The fact is jeep change the demographic again when they raised the price through the roof as well... Some of us are fortunate enough to be able to buy a JK and mod it and take the vehicle off road without worries of damaging it and not being able to repair it. But the JK was designed to bring a mainstream market to the wrangler world. Those of us who have driven CJ YJ and TJ realize the capability of the vehicles are much more than the capability of the JK. There for we can save our money and dump it into something that we enjoy just as much as you love your over priced artic edition JK and make it our own, not worry about rolling it, if it breaks we fix it ourselves, and mod it to our liking. The fact is you can be mad at me all you want because I sold my JK to Fund my YJ project if you like it wont hurt my feelings at all... I didn't set out to make enemies with you or anyother JK owner, so I am sorry I attacked you but the fact is in my opinion I would rather build my YJ from the ground up then be apart of jeeps movement to mall crawling. So once again I apologize for being rude, it was uncalled for me to attack you especially on a website. Hopefully I will see you in an off road park somewhere one day and we can enjoy a case of beer and share war stories of how our jeeps tackle the terrain.

90yjnc 02-20-2014 09:54 AM

Subscribing and grabbing some popcorn.

Tom009 02-20-2014 10:00 AM

No problem. I wish I could wheel and beat the crap out of it but its my only vehicle. And I need 4 doors cause im 6'04. More room. I love the yeti jeep. Dont ask me why but i loved the look. And I was only messing arould. I wish I could still drive my wife to the mall in my jeep. Breast cancer took her away in august at the age of 43. And I will even buy the case of beer or bottle of jack. Tom jku

jim_n_Looziana 02-20-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom009 (Post 8425665)
No problem. I wish I could wheel and beat the crap out of it but its my only vehicle. And I need 4 doors cause im 6'04. More room. I love the yeti jeep. Dont ask me why but i loved the look. And I was only messing arould. I wish I could still drive my wife to the mall in my jeep. Breast cancer took her away in august at the age of 43. And I will even buy the case of beer or bottle of jack. Tom jku

Sorry about your wife, bud......

Tom009 02-20-2014 10:44 AM

Thanks

Sinister6 02-20-2014 10:54 AM

Tom sorry to hear about your wife, lost my gf back in 01 to same thing.

Guys let's watch the language and personal attacks...or thread will be closed. We're all on the same side here!

creelclmsn 02-20-2014 01:08 PM

Tom I'm sorry to hear about your wife as well! I didn't mean to offend you and I apologize for my offensive language. I hope we can share a bottle of jack one day and wheel the jk and yj together!!

johnsonken1332 02-20-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRed88 (Post 8423945)

truth

Tom009 02-20-2014 01:10 PM

Thanks creelsman. Its ok I should have stayed out of th yj threads! Sounds good!

creelclmsn 02-20-2014 01:42 PM

No worries a jeep is a jeep!! Glad we can drop all and be cool. Have a great weekend! Don't be a stranger man

Tom009 02-20-2014 03:09 PM

Roger that