Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   Greetings to all you Jeep fans and aficionado's (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/greetings-to-all-you-jeep-fans-and-aficionados-54662.html)

Oklahoma Jeep Guy 07-06-2010 06:18 PM

Greetings to all you Jeep fans and aficionado's

I bought my son a 1990 Wrangler for his 16th birthday but he had never driven a standard before plus he is a speedster. Well I knew this would happen so I bought him a Mustang and took his Jeep. I think that was my plan from the start but I will never know. I use to have a 1980 CJ-7 and loved it but sold it when I needed money as a college student. Which brings me to the jeep I own now. It is black and needs a bit of work. I have put a new transmission in it and transfer case. Had a bit of body work done on it and now I am looking to find out how to basically make it my play toy and fix it where I can drive it in town whenever I want but making it ready for some fun offroading.

What I am looking for in this forum is a bit of non linear thinking so I can get my linear thought process to start working. I have no ability to use my right side of my brain, so my wife tells me all the time. I want to figure out what I need to do in-order to make this Jeep a solid ride. Sorry to be so long winded but it is how I roll. I am very good with machanical type things but no good with body work. I think there might be some weak spots in the body, mainly around the area where the seats bolt in.

The Jeep no longer has the 4 banger, it has a chevy 2.8 engine in it at this time. I put a set of 33" BF Goodrich Mud Terrain's on the jeep. So after all of this I come to my question, where should I begin on the restoration? Thank you very much and I hope I can be as much help on this forum as I get from it.

Zetsumei 07-06-2010 06:21 PM

Well welcome to the forum, I think I'll go ahead and knock this comment done since it's probably the only advice I can give: Do you have any pictures of your Jeep, but it general, or some of the problem areas? This will help some of the guys here in helping you decide what route you should go in fixing your Jeep. Remember to wave as well! :)

Oklahoma Jeep Guy 07-06-2010 06:26 PM

:wavey:Jeep is at the shop right now but when I get it back in a day or two I will post some pictures.:wavey:

RatherBNarizona 07-07-2010 01:38 AM

Welcome! Post up some pics and a budget, and we can easily blow your money for you on Jeep goodies :)

blkrubi88 07-07-2010 05:41 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Ageless Stranger 07-07-2010 06:28 AM

Welcome to WF! PICTURES!!!1!

JDsDream 07-07-2010 06:39 AM

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

jgano23 07-07-2010 06:42 AM

welcome to the forum.

InfernoGirl 07-07-2010 08:31 AM

Welcome to the forum :) Just got back from Muskogee, OK yesterday! :D

530ktm 07-07-2010 08:40 AM

Welcome to the forum.

bergy 07-07-2010 03:26 PM

welcome to the forum

toshpate 07-07-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 679612)
Welcome to the forum :) Just got back from Muskogee, OK yesterday! :D

hey thats like thirty miles from me

Oklahoma Jeep Guy 08-02-2010 12:41 PM

Thank you all for the welcome. I finally got back home and picked up my jeep from the mechanics. At the machanic's the jeep was highjacked and the hardtop was stolen along with the doors and tires. I was a bit upset, as you might imagine, but none the less I cannot really do anything about it since I have only liability insurance on it.

So I bought some new tires and now I have to find a top replacement. So my first order of business is to find these things. Is a soft top going to work for me during the winter months until I can afford to get a hardtop replacement? I want a soft top anyways but how would I mount it. You can see with the pictures I am posting that I don't think I have any kind of mount brackets.

About the other pictures and as I originally asked, what would be the first thing you would do with the jeep to restore it to a road driving jeep along with playing off road when the mood hits me. Remember this is just a play toy of mine so I don't have to have it to drive everyday.

Okay about the photos, do I post them on this message or in a photo album somewhere on the forums?

Oklahoma Jeep Guy 08-02-2010 01:34 PM

Photos of my Jeep

Okay I figured out where I could post a photo album online.

Therunner 08-02-2010 01:42 PM

If my stuff was stolen at the shop, then the shops insurance would be picking up that tab. Good luck with the jeep

Oklahoma Jeep Guy 08-02-2010 02:21 PM

Well I would agree with you on that. There is a big sign in his office saying not responsible for blah blah blah and this is the problem I am having collecting something from him. I am working on it though and it isn't over yet but that isn't stopping me from working on the overhaul of this thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therunner (Post 709538)
If my stuff was stolen at the shop, then the shops insurance would be picking up that tab. Good luck with the jeep