Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Poly Performance vs. Full Traction (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/poly-performance-vs-full-traction-54699.html)

DitosDad 07-07-2010 08:21 AM

Poly Performance vs. Full Traction
 
I want to put a lift on my 2010 Unlimited Rubicon and am looking at either the 4.5" Poly Performance Synergy stage 3 or the Full-Traction 4" Ultimate kit with rubber bushings. I know Poly's kits come with OEM rubber bushings already and Full-Traction I heard you can request those. There is not much info or reviews on Poly Performance but the little amount that I have heard has been all good. The only issues I have heard from Full-Traction is they have issues with squeaking. I want to go with the rubber bushings any ways so that takes care of that. What do you guys think ?

thaduke2003 07-07-2010 08:46 AM

WOW. Night and day comparison.
Poly=sickness (TOP notch stuff, but $$$$)
Full craption, well... RUN, not walk, RUN away from their garbage. Their bushings crap out on the daily. Literally, if you wheel it hard. Run a search on JK Owners forum (JkOwners.com - The Community for Jeep JK 4x4 Owners - Powered by vBulletin) and see how much love FT gets- they're JUNK! Poly, on the other hand, is good stuff- just be ready to drop the coin!
Going to 37's, I take it? Mark W.

guygettnby 07-07-2010 08:51 AM

wouldnt polyurethane bushings be the better choice here? i know they tend to make abit more noise if they dont stay lubed properly and are abit firmer but they defilently hold together alot better then regular rubber bushings?

i was also thinking about this subject when i was looking into the lift kits and wondering why some of them are using the stock rubber bushings....

DitosDad 07-07-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guygettnby (Post 679648)
wouldnt polyurethane bushings be the better choice here? i know they tend to make abit more noise if they dont stay lubed properly and are abit firmer but they defilently hold together alot better then regular rubber bushings?

i was also thinking about this subject when i was looking into the lift kits and wondering why some of them are using the stock rubber bushings....

I'm sure the bonded rubber bushings would hold up for a long time, that's what they use on the factory Rubicons and is pretty much maintenance free. Some one told me the the squeaking comes from the polyurethane bushings going dry. Keep them greased and they shouldn’t squeak. Unfortunately, you do have to do this often. The factory bushing are bonded rubber so this is why they do not need maintenance and do not squeak. The rubber bushings also twist as opposed to rotate. Having said that, you can still get a lot of flex out of them.

DitosDad 07-07-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaduke2003 (Post 679638)
WOW. Night and day comparison.
Poly=sickness (TOP notch stuff, but $$$$)
Full craption, well... RUN, not walk, RUN away from their garbage. Their bushings crap out on the daily. Literally, if you wheel it hard. Run a search on JK Owners forum (JkOwners.com - The Community for Jeep JK 4x4 Owners - Powered by vBulletin) and see how much love FT gets- they're JUNK! Poly, on the other hand, is good stuff- just be ready to drop the coin!
Going to 37's, I take it? Mark W.

"I would rather spend lots of money to do it right the first time than to spend even more in the long run just trying to get it right". Hey I see your from upstate, NY. I am upstate also but more central, I am at Ft. Drum. Any good trails around you?

guygettnby 07-07-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DitosDad (Post 679694)
I'm sure the bonded rubber bushings would hold up for a long time, that's what they use on the factory Rubicons and is pretty much maintenance free. Some one told me the the squeaking comes from the polyurethane bushings going dry. Keep them greased and they shouldn’t squeak. Unfortunately, you do have to do this often. The factory bushing are bonded rubber so this is why they do not need maintenance and do not squeak. The rubber bushings also twist as opposed to rotate. Having said that, you can still get a lot of flex out of them.

Eh.. i guess im still stuck in the race car world... i am used to wanting things stiffer for the performance aspect of things. didnt take into account that most off roaders want to be able to flex more :rofl:

the whole greasing thing is not to bad at all on cars that dont go off road. i suppose a jeep that gets dirty alot would have to be greased alot more often. again, another race car thing stuck in my head.. man i need to stop doing that when thinking about my jeep :bottom:

KBR97 07-07-2010 11:45 AM

Poly performance...or rock krawler, or teraflex...at least those are my choices for coil spring shopping when the time is right.

Schmo 07-07-2010 12:27 PM

I have to go with thaduke2003 on this one . . . do some googling on FT before you pull the trigger (not just products but service) . . . I put one of their kits on my TJ and like others mentioned the poly bushings from FT were horrible and would start to shred after a single outing. The rubber RE bushings, weren't much better. I upgraded to Currie CAs with JJ's on each end about a year ago and couldn't be happier. I'll never run another control arm with a bushing on it ever again, but if I did, I'd go with the OEM bushings as they are the only ones that have held up worth a damn for me, but the JJ's out perform and outlast them too.

DitosDad 07-07-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmo (Post 679902)
I have to go with thaduke2003 on this one . . . do some googling on FT before you pull the trigger (not just products but service) . . . I put one of their kits on my TJ and like others mentioned the poly bushings from FT were horrible and would start to shred after a single outing. The rubber RE bushings, weren't much better. I upgraded to Currie CAs with JJ's on each end about a year ago and couldn't be happier. I'll never run another control arm with a bushing on it ever again, but if I did, I'd go with the OEM bushings as they are the only ones that have held up worth a damn for me, but the JJ's out perform and outlast them too.

Yea it looks like Currie makes some really nice stuff also. Poly Performance uses the Currie JJ's on their arms.

Schmo 07-07-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DitosDad (Post 679993)
Yea it looks like Currie makes some really nice stuff also. Poly Performance uses the Currie JJ's on their arms.

I've always heard good things about Poly Performance. Not sure what the specific kit you're considering comes with, but I would recommend seeing if the arms come with JJ's on both ends or if you can upgrade to that option. Having a JJ on one end helps, but I was still blowing thru the Rubicon Express bushings every couple of outings and those had a JJ type joint on one end and the bushing on the other.

thaduke2003 07-07-2010 01:58 PM

Hey, amigo. Nope, shite for trails around here. I'm over in northern Dutchess County (Poughkeepsie, Millbrook are the nearby's). Also, as for rubber vs. poly for bushings, poly deflects a LITTLE, while vulcanized rubber bushings rip in extreme circumstances (e.g. rock crawling). Also, poly will give a more stable ride going down the road due to less deflection- Mark W.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.