Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   First Wrangler (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/first-wrangler-56375.html)

Razzdad 07-26-2010 11:22 PM

First Wrangler

Hi, Wrangler noob here. My wife and I have been looking for a JK Unlimited for about a month and only found 2 that really fit our needs. One is a new "S" package with auto, trailer tow, limited slip, and dual tops. Sounds like the dealer won't budge from sticker price. The other is a 2007 Sahara with the same options except for the silly painted fenders, 65k miles. That dealer is asking 22k. My question is the '07 a fair deal for 22k? Another 10K for the 2010 is pushing the budget but is that a better buy?
Any opinions?
Thanks,
Joe

daggo66 07-26-2010 11:59 PM

Join treadlightly.org. It costs $25 to join and you can get your Jeep for 1% below invoice.

bobjenkins 07-27-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzdad (Post 702215)
Hi, Wrangler noob here. My wife and I have been looking for a JK Unlimited for about a month and only found 2 that really fit our needs. One is a new "S" package with auto, trailer tow, limited slip, and dual tops. Sounds like the dealer won't budge from sticker price. The other is a 2007 Sahara with the same options except for the silly painted fenders, 65k miles. That dealer is asking 22k. My question is the '07 a fair deal for 22k? Another 10K for the 2010 is pushing the budget but is that a better buy?
Any opinions?
Thanks,
Joe

If you dont mind sitting in a seat someone else sat in for a few years then save the money and go with the 07. It will still be new to you:)

never a good decision to buy a new car with depreciation nowadays:punk:

but remember all the dealers are going to budge no one is ever firm on sticker prices, my dad worked at car lots his whole life everyone is flexible

InfernoGirl 07-27-2010 12:33 AM

Dang it Tom, you beat me to it! Only works for new Jeeps tho', not used... But yeah, talk about an easy way to buy a vehicle.... I wish I could do it..... :( But I'd kinda miss messin' with the salesmen. :firedevil:

DD293G 07-27-2010 08:49 AM

Shop around different Jeep dealerships. Play em off each other. I went to 5 different dearlships until i found the best deal.

irideducs 07-27-2010 09:17 AM

I went through the same process and ended up going new because the used price were pretty rich in my area ($23-24k average mileage). In addition, the '10 has a new softop design that is easier to use and Jeep has 0% financing for 3 years -- this is worth about $1k depending on the interest rate you assume on your savings.

On price, you should have no trouble getting 1% below invoice -- described above. The dealer may also have another 3% or so to play with in the holdback. With threats that you will buy from another dealer, or may prefer to wait a month for the 2011's, you can end up at $500 below invoice.

Before you start that process, ask about the "other fees" that the dealer charges to make sure that they are not taking a markup on motor vehicle fees and that the documentation fee seems reasonable.

Good luck.