Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   FINALLY got me a wrangler!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/finally-got-me-a-wrangler-56748.html)

Vapor78 07-30-2010 09:57 PM

FINALLY got me a wrangler!!!
 
i have wanted one for about since i was 21 (now 32) and my friend showed me why i needed to get out of sports cars and into jeeps. since i sold them for a while i knew the difference between a real wrangler and one of them square headlight wannabes! so i had to wait till i could afford a real one. in the meantime i have had a cheroke sport and a grand cheroke to hold me over, especially while my sister bought one before i could just because she knew how bad i wanted it!!! so i finally got me a wrangler. now mind you it was not easy since my wife was under the impression that they are not family cars!! had to rent one when we went to Maui 2 months ago to show her why we NEED one. that took all of 2 hours driving around with the top down to convince her. now i do admit there isn't a whole lot of space to pack things for the family when we want to go camping or to the beach, but when given the choice, my 5yo daughter and 3yo son would rather ride in daddy's jeep with the top down than mommy's minivan!!!

pakman55 07-30-2010 10:01 PM

congrats, and welcome to the forum. Don't forget to wave! :wavey:

Vapor78 07-30-2010 10:07 PM

:wavey:

Vapor78 07-30-2010 10:09 PM

actually pakman, i was just talking to my sister about how our spouses think the "wrangler salute" aka wave is foolish and refuse to do it, plus how offended we get when the driver of the other wrangler doesn't wave back, especially when they look at you like you have 2 heads or something!!! must be the real owner's spouse borrowing the jeep!!! LOL

pakman55 07-30-2010 10:15 PM

i know what you mean...anybody riding in my car always laughs when i do it or when i get pissed at ppl who dont do it.

JeepFrogger 07-30-2010 10:23 PM

Welcome!

JDsDream 07-30-2010 10:33 PM

Welcome to the forum

RatherBNarizona 07-30-2010 10:52 PM

Congrats and welcome!

blkrubi88 07-31-2010 07:21 AM

Congrats on the Jeep and welcome to the forum!

TJ_Babe 08-02-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vapor78 (Post 707189)
especially while my sister bought one before i could just because she knew how bad i wanted it!!!

Mmhmmm... sure.. Gotta do everything big sis does... always following in my footsteps.. Bought the same color wrangler.. with even the same aftermarket stereo... (what's the odds of that.. really) and now you join the same forums... lol. You should just post a picture of my Jeep. lol. Now I have to go and lift it, and add stuff to it and make it different... see what you did??? Let's see you explain why you NEED a snorkel to your wife...

:cool:

Fweaky 08-03-2010 01:18 AM

Welcome to the forum!:D

530ktm 08-03-2010 11:46 AM

Welcome to the forum. Lots of square headlight folks here so don't bash em.

Zack 08-04-2010 09:38 AM

Ya, I'll say it. Leafs rock!!! :punk:

Drove by a stuck Tj this weekend, maybe cause he was rocking highway tires, pulled him out after I drove through the same stuff. He didn't bash the square lights, either. Said he thought the may even look less feminine, but still thought they looked weird. :flipoff:

Vapor78 08-16-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ_Babe (Post 710257)
Bought the same color wrangler.. with even the same aftermarket stereo... (what's the odds of that.. really)... Let's see you explain why you NEED a snorkel to your wife...

:cool:

while i knew i was stepping into a world of busted balls getting the same color ( it was just the best one i could afford) the stereo was a little weird!!! as for the snorkel.. it's for the next time the pawtuxet river floods, so i can miraculously rescue a security guard from the warwick mall.. in 1 foot of water!!!:rofl:

Airpig1399 08-16-2010 10:50 PM

I know the feeling, I just got my third Wrangler and it's great to be back in one. Congrats !

05RockyMtn 08-16-2010 10:51 PM

Welcome form Atlanta! :wavey:

Wyndego 08-16-2010 10:52 PM

Hello and welcome from Niagara Falls!

Gate53 08-16-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vapor78 (Post 707189)
now i do admit there isn't a whole lot of space to pack things for the family when we want to go camping or to the beach,!!!

That's why they invented small trailers great for camping gear and you store it there at home.

Speed2005 08-17-2010 12:04 AM

welcome! got pics?

Vapor78 08-25-2010 10:22 PM

@gate, i am actually looking into a pop trailer now, but a cargo trailer would also be nice, have to put buying a house first though...

@speed, interesting that you should ask, as i dabble in amateur photography and mostly scenic photography at that, i often forget to turn the camera around or at least try to work the jeep into the shot.. i usually shoot on the moment and don't plan my shots enough to have time for that thought... but as soon as i get some shots that don't look almost exactly like my sister's i will post them..

@tj_babe, there is one major difference about mine, if it starts raining when my top is down, i don't have to throw on a poncho, i can put my top up in 3 minutes!!!:flipoff:

coop42 08-25-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vapor78 (Post 742420)
@gate, i am actually looking into a pop trailer now, but a cargo trailer would also be nice, have to put buying a house first though...

@speed, interesting that you should ask, as i dabble in amateur photography and mostly scenic photography at that, i often forget to turn the camera around or at least try to work the jeep into the shot.. i usually shoot on the moment and don't plan my shots enough to have time for that thought... but as soon as i get some shots that don't look almost exactly like my sister's i will post them..

@tj_babe, there is one major difference about mine, if it starts raining when my top is down, i don't have to throw on a poncho, i can put my top up in 3 minutes!!!:flipoff:

A little sibling rivalry kids??:rofl:

redbandit 08-25-2010 10:55 PM

Welcome! :wavey:

I'm new, too, finally got a Jeep and I don't think I'll ever get a sports car again, or at least not as my main vehicle. No need to speed in a Jeep, just cruise on down the road (or trail) and enjoy the ride!

Also, I hate it when people don't give me "the wave" or a nod or anything... lame! :9lame::9lame::9lame:

redjeeper 08-26-2010 12:08 AM

welcome to the forum.

harwa004 08-26-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coop42 (Post 742440)
A little sibling rivalry kids??:rofl:

:rofl:

WELCOME TO THE GANG!

Vapor78 08-26-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coop42 (Post 742440)
A little sibling rivalry kids??:rofl:

absolutely!!! and i did have a cheroke sport before she got a wrangler!!! just saying!! :D

stangfreak 08-26-2010 01:46 AM

Welcome to the forum

Ageless Stranger 08-26-2010 06:23 AM

Welcome to WF. :wavey:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.