Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Herculining the tub (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/herculining-the-tub-57017.html)

Hendy 08-02-2010 09:56 PM

Herculining the tub

OK, so I am tired of having standing water and soaked carpets in the Jeep.

How difficult is it to remove the seats and all the other interior items to get at the tub and Herc it?

Is there a step by step thread out there with pics? If not any responses will be appreciated and I will, with my new WF iPhone App, create a step by step thread.

p1zzaman 08-02-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendy (Post 710291)
new WF iPhone App

I dont know anything about taking the seats and stuff out, but WHERE DO I GET THAT APP??? I've looked a few times and couldnt find anything... whats its called?

Never mind.... I found it. lol just type in wrangler forum, DUH! I tried a few weeks ago and didnt even think that they would have there own app. This forum just gets better and better.

s3nt3nc3d 08-02-2010 11:13 PM

Seats are probably held in by 4 bolts each...just unbolt them and pull them out. They probably have blue loctite on them and will need a lot of strength to break them free. Most of the interior items in the Jeep are pretty self explanatory for removal. Only one that may be semi-complicated is the center console...and I can't help you there. I think even it's only held down by a couple bolts though. Underneath the cupholder inserts I think.

yotefever 08-02-2010 11:43 PM

I just did my 87 yj this summer and my best friend was my propane torch. With the amount of salt used here in winter things were a little rusty and a little heat and penetrating oil did the trick.

darin.1701 08-03-2010 12:00 AM

i HERC-ed my jeep tub and it was easy as could be. The seats are held down by four bolts, 3 standard hex heads, and 1 star bolt. Now i have an 04 TJ, so there is a small wire connecting to the driver seat for the seatbelt sensor, but there is a clip that is easy to remove.

when i did my tub, i removed everything, including the seat belts from where they were bolted, the rear seat mounts, the center console, the jack mounts, ext. It was a completely bare tub.

Just as a warning, the prep work is backbreaking work but well worth it. a few things i should have done differently...
1) should have preped higher up under the dash and lined the tub all the way up under there.
2) should have taking off rollbar pads, and prepped and lined the rollbars up a ways under where the pads go, so there are no "gaps" between the liner and the pads
3) Wish i would have done a better job taping off around the doors. And I should have removed and then reapplied the tape between coats.

Doing the Liner was a great upgrade i did. I am very glad I did it even though i made the above mistakes. now when ever it gets dirty, taking a hose into the jeep is no problem when cleaning.

darin.1701 08-03-2010 12:01 AM

I forgot, do a search on here, and on google. There is a thread out there somewhere with step by step pictures. However I dont remember where out on the net I saw it.

Darin