Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Florida Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f71/)
-   -   Broward County Beach Ride (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f71/broward-county-beach-ride-57324.html)

Nick JK 08-06-2010 04:47 AM

Broward County Beach Ride

Alright.... We have a large community here of Wranglers, but little way to tell where everyone is at. I'm hoping to start a little roll call here. One of my favorite things to do is toss my dog in the truck, drop the top, and just drive the coastline. It's easy to do any weekend and doesn't require a long pack for the trails or cleanup... So I can do it far more often then I can get to Big Cypress.

Who lives close enough to Broward County to form a little Wrangler parade on any given weekend to ride from Fort Lauderdale Beach north to Palm Beach and back? Interested? Sound off !!

SardonicPadre 08-06-2010 06:59 AM

Gainesville here, but if the trek is nice i'll make it down :p

Nick JK 08-07-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SardonicPadre
Gainesville here, but if the trek is nice i'll make it down :p

Gainesville? First... Go Gators! Second... I'm talking just an A1A drive, pavement. Doubt it would be worth the drive down for ya. But, if there is a few people interested... You will certainly be welcome.

Nova6 08-07-2010 08:58 PM

Gainseville? First... Go Seminoles! Second... I'm in Miami and I'd definitely be down for a ride.

Jeep1234567 08-07-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick JK
Alright.... We have a large community here of Wranglers, but little way to tell where everyone is at. I'm hoping to start a little roll call here. One of my favorite things to do is toss my dog in the truck, drop the top, and just drive the coastline. It's easy to do any weekend and doesn't require a long pack for the trails or cleanup... So I can do it far more often then I can get to Big Cypress.

Who lives close enough to Broward County to form a little Wrangler parade on any given weekend to ride from Fort Lauderdale Beach north to Palm Beach and back? Interested? Sound off !!

I live in broward. Any activities locally I can take a new 2wd u limited 4 door on?

Nick JK 08-08-2010 02:34 AM

Well Nova.... At least we have the Jeeps to bring us together!
Jeep123- Your Jeep was MADE for a ride down A1A !!! I doubt you'll be trying to hit the trails. As for other "activities" for you... I'm not sure. There are Jeep clubs that meet at Towers in Davie, that's about the only other thing I can think of. But, I'm putting you down to contact for a beach ride.

Karli 08-08-2010 11:20 AM

I live in Davie with my JK and my dogs. I went to the towers a few weeks ago on friday night. have to work on saturdays but sundays off. by the way I am a girl:D

Nick JK 08-08-2010 12:36 PM

I have yet to meet a guy named Karli! Sundays are good. Hopefully we'll find a few more people interested and get a nice little group together for a Sun drive.

Nick JK 08-08-2010 12:42 PM

So far we have:
Nova6
Jeep123456
Karli
& Me
(The father of sarcasm there may be a little far... So not on the list- but always welcome) I'm gonna try to keep the thread alive to see if a few more are interested... Then I'll try to setup a day.

Karli 08-08-2010 06:53 PM

broward county beach ride

sounds awesome to me, but not too early. I won't bring the dogs in that heat, but otherwise I am in on a sunday:)
let's have some fun:wavey:
(by the way I have met a guy named Karly)

SardonicPadre 08-08-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick JK (Post 715333)
Gainesville? First... Go Gators! Second... I'm talking just an A1A drive, pavement. Doubt it would be worth the drive down for ya. But, if there is a few people interested... You will certainly be welcome.

and here i was hoping for a jaunt down the beach :D

heh, right on man. GO GATORS!

Nick JK 08-13-2010 07:16 AM

It's only a few of us interested so far... So let me check. You all interested in meeting up this Sun?

Karli 08-13-2010 07:49 AM

sorry, not this sunday, but how about next? sorry, I am a woman, need more notice than that:)

plus, I think we need some kind of a plan, like where we want to stop, or go for lunch? right? anybody with me?:wavey:

Nick JK 08-13-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karli
sorry, not this sunday, but how about next? sorry, I am a woman, need more notice than that:)

plus, I think we need some kind of a plan, like where we want to stop, or go for lunch? right? anybody with me?:wavey:

Gotta be Sun, not too early, need a plan, and need more notice... You ARE a woman!!! LOL Lunch... What if we all annoy each other and don't wanna be stuck sittin through lunch? :) I was just "planning" on meeting up somewhere on 17th street and driving A1A with the top down & the dog in the back! We can make it a quick 30 min cruise as far as I'm concerned. Hoping enough people are close enough to just meet up and go for a quick drive... Nice n easy. Next Sunday is alright with me too... As long as I don't end up out on the boat. We don't plan the boat trips very far in advance either. :) there's only four of us so far... Can't be too hard to setup.

ParaCAD 08-13-2010 09:20 AM

While you guys are way down south driving..maybe i'll head over to Daytona and drive down the coast.. :)

That sounds like a blast, i'm just a bit to far north of you guys.

Nick JK 08-13-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParaCAD
While you guys are way down south driving..maybe i'll head over to Daytona and drive down the coast.. :)

That sounds like a blast, i'm just a bit to far north of you guys.

New Smyrna is highly under rated- Don't know where you are.... But when I'm up that way I always skip Daytona for New Smyrna. (Grew up on Orlando)

Karli 08-13-2010 07:02 PM

first it is too hot for MY dogs, and if we can not have lunch together because we all hate each other, what's the point?maybe we should try it first, right? by the way if you are on a boat and you do not like the people you are with! do you jump overboard???:rofl:
sorry, had to do it:wavey:

Nick JK 08-13-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

first it is too hot for MY dogs, and if we can not have lunch together because we all hate each other, what's the point?maybe we should try it first, right? by the way if you are on a boat and you do not like the people you are with! do you jump overboard???:rofl:
sorry, had to do it:wavey:

Won't go on the boat with people I don't already know. If there is a newbie that doesn't act right... THEY swim, not me! :) But alright, alright... I'll have lunch with you... You don't have to beg! LOL

P.S.- It is still gonna be hot next Sunday... You in for next Sun?

Karli 08-14-2010 07:18 AM

first I am not begging, but sundays is my only day off and I want to enjoy that day. Yes I am in but I am leaving the dogs at home.:(
How about between 10.00 and 10.30? you pick the parking lot or whatever where we all can meet up and then go from there. Is that O.K. with everybody?
Nick? :wavey:

Nick JK 08-14-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

first I am not begging, but sundays is my only day off and I want to enjoy that day. Yes I am in but I am leaving the dogs at home.:(
How about between 10.00 and 10.30? you pick the parking lot or whatever where we all can meet up and then go from there. Is that O.K. with everybody?
Nick? :wavey:

I am happy as long as you are Karli!!! :) sounds good to me... I'll post a location for meet later today.

Nick JK 08-14-2010 06:41 PM

Meet at:
Publix
1940 Cordova Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL
10am - (I'll drive off at 10:30)

This is a nice free parking lot on the way to the beach where we can meet. If you need better directions send me a private message. Cordova Road is on 17th Street just east of US 1. That is the entrance to the Publix - just turn south on Cordova. Also... It's a Publix- so you can grab a drink or what not before heading out.

Nick JK 08-14-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick JK
Meet at:
Publix
1940 Cordova Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL

This is a nice free parking lot on the way to the beach where we can meet. If you need better directions send me a private message. Cordova Road is on 17th Street just east of US 1. That is the entrance to the Publix - just turn south on Cordova. Also... It's a Publix- so you can grab a drink or what not before heading out.

In case anyone missed it:
Sunday, August 22nd, 2010
10:00 AM

Karli 08-14-2010 06:51 PM

:)I'm always happy:) and always hungry, so where are we having lunch and do not say McDonald's.:eek:

o.k. I do not know the area going from ft.lauderdale to west palm, but there has to be some beach parking and some snacks or whatever. to stretch our legs and take some pics from our little group. did you get any response from anybody else or did we scared them with our bickering:cool:
so, is there 4 of us?????:wavey:

Nick JK 08-14-2010 07:34 PM

No response yet from Jeep1234567 or Nova 6. I have another girl from the South Florida Jeep Club that said she's going.

Karli 08-14-2010 07:54 PM

who is the mysterious other?

Nick JK 08-15-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

who is the mysterious other?

Nichole is her name. She has a TJ w' 35's.

Karli 08-15-2010 11:12 AM

very nice :wavey:

Nick JK 08-15-2010 10:12 PM

SaharaCon is coming too!

Nick JK 08-15-2010 10:14 PM

Just to be sure the most recent post has it:
Meet at:

Publix
1940 Cordova Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nova6 08-16-2010 04:35 PM

I'm in ladies and gents... Hope to see yall there.