Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Kansas Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f79/)
-   -   tuttle creek (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f79/tuttle-creek-57877.html)

lateralus3 08-11-2010 08:22 PM

tuttle creek

im probably going to go up to tuttle creek this weekend, i have to go to manhattan to meet up with a guy from jeepforum im getting a four foot firestik from him and im giving him my old control arms. anybody going to tuttle this weekend?

distortedtj 08-11-2010 08:59 PM

I's be broked. :(

lateralus3 08-11-2010 09:02 PM

im pretty pumped, its my first time wheeling this jeep

lateralus3 08-13-2010 06:00 PM

so nobody else is up for going to tuttle?

Gee oh Dee 08-13-2010 06:02 PM

dammit. my girlfriend is in Manhattan visiting her parents, my mom lives in St. George, just between Manhattan and Wamego.

Where do you go wheeling in Manhattan??

lateralus3 08-13-2010 06:41 PM

tuttle creek

Gee oh Dee 08-13-2010 06:47 PM

Tuttle Creek is a man made lake, my friend. Can you be more specific?

lateralus3 08-13-2010 07:20 PM

tuttle creek offroad park.i know its somewhere in the state park

Gee oh Dee 08-13-2010 07:33 PM

Nice, I lived there for about ten years. I'll have to go when I'm in the area next. If you want a bad ass place to take pics head out to pillsbury crossing. Its on the other side of town, 10 min away.

lateralus3 08-13-2010 08:07 PM

cool ill have to check it out. i just looked up some pictures on google, that looks pretty cool

Gee oh Dee 08-13-2010 08:37 PM

its a nice lime stone bed, and if the water is low you can drive all over the slab thats about half the size of a football field. If you get adventurous with your camera you can get shots of your ride at the very top of the waterfall. Just use caution, though.

A road that goes right through a 30 ft wide creek. Beautiful.

cavediverjc 08-13-2010 09:54 PM

I can't go this weekend. I came back to my parents' house for the weekend.

Gee Oh Dee.......how could live there for 10 years and NOT know about Tuttle Creek Off-Road Vehicle Park? It's just outside of Randolph, KS. It's pretty much the best place around this area of Kansas to wheel.

Pillsbury Crossing isn't much. Just a tiny waterfall and a shallow crossing. Cool place to take pics, though. And if the rope is still attached, a fun place to swing into the creek...

distortedtj 08-13-2010 09:58 PM

We need to set up a time where we can all get together and wheel tuttle a time or two before winter hits.

cavediverjc 08-13-2010 10:04 PM

Sounds good to me. I'll have to get settled in to school to see what my school/work schedule is going to look like......but I'm down for it. I'm planning on doing some pretty big mods this winter, so I would like to get her out this fall and flog on her a bit.....

lateralus3 08-13-2010 10:04 PM

this is my first time going to tuttle. whats it like up there?

cavediverjc 08-13-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lateralus3 (Post 723876)
this is my first time going to tuttle. whats it like up there?

Should be good, considering the drought. Sometimes it gets pretty wet down there, and mud isn't my thing, but that isn't anything you have to worry about. There are simple trails to hard trails, it all depends on what you're driving and what your experience is. There's plenty to do, whether you're into mud, hillclimbs, tight trails, rocks, or a combination of all of those.

Put it this way, I've seen STOCK S-10 pickups at Tuttle having a great time. I've also seen full-on buggies there having a great time. There's something for everyone.

distortedtj 08-13-2010 10:11 PM

I should take the wifey's WJ. :rofl:

lateralus3 08-13-2010 10:13 PM

yeah im not a big fan of mud i dont like cleaning it off for a month but then i cant really flex it that much right now i still need extended brakelines

cavediverjc 08-13-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 723885)
I should take the wifey's WJ. :rofl:

She'd hamstring you, for sure. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by lateralus3 (Post 723890)
yeah im not a big fan of mud i dont like cleaning it off for a month but then i cant really flex it that much right now i still need extended brakelines

There's still plenty of trailriding you can do, even without flexing too badly. It's really pretty there. When you're down on the trails, you'd have NO IDEA you're in Kansas.....

distortedtj 08-13-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 723892)
She'd hamstring you, for sure. :D.

Naw...she likes to play too....

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...20WJ/WJ007.jpg

lateralus3 08-13-2010 10:23 PM

thats too bad nobody else can go so far we have two zjs and a tj going

lateralus3 08-13-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 723904)

do it :punk:

distortedtj 08-13-2010 10:33 PM

^^^^ Naw, It takes the kid to school in the mornings and gets the groceries. Don't need it broken. Heck it just hit 50k miles. :D

I has a TJ and S10 for playing.

lateralus3 08-13-2010 10:50 PM

damn my zj just hit 180k

Gee oh Dee 08-13-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 723857)
I can't go this weekend. I came back to my parents' house for the weekend.

Gee Oh Dee.......how could live there for 10 years and NOT know about Tuttle Creek Off-Road Vehicle Park? It's just outside of Randolph, KS. It's pretty much the best place around this area of Kansas to wheel.

Pillsbury Crossing isn't much. Just a tiny waterfall and a shallow crossing. Cool place to take pics, though. And if the rope is still attached, a fun place to swing into the creek...

I just turned 25 a week ago. I haven't lived in KS since 2000, and I have only had Jeeps for about a year. The only 4WD truck I've had I owned while living in Wisconsin, so I never had the real chance or need to go there. I have heard about the offroad park in Randolf, but didn't realize it was called Tuttle.

As for Pillsbury, your right. For "wheeling" its nothing. But for pics, its just plain awesome. And no rope attached as of April when I was there.

lateralus3 08-13-2010 11:31 PM

damnit! i just got a text from my neighbor saying my back tire was flat so now i have to get my back two tires changed and my spare before i go. it somehow went flat after i parked it for the night

cavediverjc 08-14-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee oh Dee (Post 723970)
I just turned 25 a week ago. I haven't lived in KS since 2000, and I have only had Jeeps for about a year. The only 4WD truck I've had I owned while living in Wisconsin, so I never had the real chance or need to go there. I have heard about the offroad park in Randolf, but didn't realize it was called Tuttle.

As for Pillsbury, your right. For "wheeling" its nothing. But for pics, its just plain awesome. And no rope attached as of April when I was there.

Bummer about the rope. I spent many a drunk evening at Pillsbury Crossing swinging on that rope when I was in school at K-State. That was back in '94-'95.........and now I'm a student at K-State AGAIN. Full circle, I guess.

Gee oh Dee 08-14-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 724009)
Bummer about the rope. I spent many a drunk evening at Pillsbury Crossing swinging on that rope when I was in school at K-State. That was back in '94-'95.........and now I'm a student at K-State AGAIN. Full circle, I guess.

My girlfriend just graduated this may with her degree in Psych. That was the last time I was down there.

Its a good college, though. However, I've never attended it.

I've lead a strange, almost double life. Lived in both WI and KS growing up, parents were split. my freshman and senior years of highschool were both in WI, but sophmore and junior were in KS.

My roots have never been really planted, esp when I was a kid. So I guess thats why I never made it to the Randolf park.

lateralus3 08-14-2010 08:33 PM

be glad you didnt go. we couldnt really do anything, all the trails they wanted to go on were flooded out. i guess the lake was up 10 feet

distortedtj 08-14-2010 08:33 PM

Well that's no good. Did you get any wheeling in?