Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1995 or 2002 Jeep wrangler

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Jeeprich25 
#1 ·
I am interested in purchasing a 95 or a 2002 Jeep Wrangler.
Both are 4cyl manual. What are the pros and
cons of each year. Both are clean rust free.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

#2 ·
Both are essentially junk, as are all of 'em, and both are going to give you a boatload of headaches. Just my opinion, and I am sure many will disagree. I made the choice, and got an 89 because square headlights and leaf springs are cool!
Now have a beer (if you are over 21) & go buy the 95.

#3 ·
Pros and cons are going to vary.
I personally like the simplicity of leaf springs, but either would be fine.

As far as junk goes, I've never had any real issues with mine that I didn't cause. Back when it was street legal, it drove well and was very reliable.

#4 ·
first, they aren't junk. no other vehicle lasts as long as cj's and wranglers. as to which ones better, the tj with its coil suspension will ride better so if your looking for a daily driver that might be your best choice. if a rugged no frills vehicle appeals to you then you will like the yj. your call.

#6 ·
Having experienced real death wobble for a while in my old jeep, I'd go with the 95. Leaf springs for sure. But the prospect of something made after the fall of the Berlin Wall....well, that sounds pretty good too. Shit. Flip a coin. It's a wrangler. You can't go wrong either way.

And don't let people shit on the 2.5. After so many years, I love mine and wouldn't trade up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.